Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-18-2001, 08:09 PM #1
meanpeoplereallysuck
Ok, I have an autococker 2000, Drop Zone III and an Air America Raptor 68ci 4500psi nitrogen tank. I bought the macroline kit at paintballgear.com seen here:http://www.paintballgear.net/macrohosekit1.html

The silver connecters have threads on one side and the spot where you put the macroline on the other. I used one of them to screw into my stock regulator. So I have the macroline connected to my gun, but i don't know how to connect it to my nitro tank. The Raptor nitro tank has 2 airports on the side, one says "out" and one says "in". It is seen here:http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1625_30793016
Then there is the gauge in between them. What sort of connector do i need to connect the macroline to one of those airports?

Old 03-19-2001, 07:05 AM #2
icancant

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up macro line fitting

The macro line fitting needs to be screwed into the regulator body where the "OUT" port is located. Usually the quick disconnect nipple that is located at this port can be removed with
a 7/16" closed end wrench. When you remove the nipple, make sure that the threaded hole is clean of any thread sealing compound. (tape or cured liquid). After the threaded hole is clean, put some thread sealing tape (teflon) or liquid thread sealer on the macroline fitting threads, and screw the new fitting into the "OUT" port. Tighten it down, cut your macro line hose to size, and you're all set!
Old 03-19-2001, 03:18 PM #3
meanpeoplereallysuck
I tried unscrewing it with a wrench, it was rock solid.

Old 03-19-2001, 10:00 PM #4
icancant

has been a member for 10 years
unscrewing male quick disconnect nipple

What you may be encountering is a nipple that has been thread sealed with "red" locktite.
You may want to check with Air America to verify this. To break the seal, you will have to apply some heat to the nipple to break it free.