PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-30-2005, 06:54 PM #1
freedumb

questions and comments about palmer and my autococker

Hello,
First off, Ill give you guys some information. I just started playing paintball again. I used to play on a team back in the mid 90s but with school and money issues i stopped for a few years.

Now I'm back playing rec ball again with guys from work and i have intentions of joining my local “pro shop's” team in the spring. Unfortunately the guys at the shop have very little knowledge of autocockers and are unable to help me with problems with my gun.

So right before x-mas i purchased a 2004 prostock autococker and have installed the following upgrades:

drop forward, aftermarket bottom line, quick disconnect, aftermarket grips
freak barrel kit
polished the stock bolt, trigger frame's internals
palmer low pressure fatty regulator
palmer micro front block kit (includes ram with qev, quick switch, micro rock)
i also order a new pump arm,timing rod, lighter sear spring from palmer
(note have no plans of going electro and I would like to think there is no other upgrades i need)

I am forced to run my autococker on anti-syponed co2 due to the nearest place to fill n2 is about a 2 hour drive and my local shop only has scuba tanks for the team to use.

Now with my comments and questions to palmer pursuit:

Upon installation of the front block kit the stock and aftermarket pump arms both were too long. I was forced to grind off about 1/8 an inch from the aftermarket pump arm and about 1/16 off the palmer ram in order to have the proper gap between the back block and body.

It appeared as though the palmer ram was not threaded completely when it was machined and then cut long. But, I could be wrong.

The quick switch had some scratches on it and one hose clamp was not installed correctly (it was not seated) I imagine the installer struggled to set the hose clamp thus nicking the quick switch. I didn't want to risk damaging the hose and/or quick switch so I left it be. It works great doesn't leak I just wanted to note that.

The fatty and micro rock regulators came in prefect condition.

Now after installing everything I am trying to sweet spot my fatty reg and adjust the velocity. It appears as though it is sweet spotting under 200psi @ 200fps and when I screwed in the lvg to increase the velocity I could not get it over 230fps and once I screwed it in so far my gun started acting up and chopped paint.

so my questions are:
What should my guns operating pressure be (stock was 350psi) do the new pneumatics change that? If so how much is normal? 350psi to 200psi seems drastic.

Could it be that I need different springs to compensate for the new pneumatics?

Would it be in my best interest to just send my gun out and have you guys preform a performance tuning? But, I really don't think that necessary unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Any comments and advice will be appreciated.
thanks fellas
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2005, 10:04 PM #2
GP@PPS
"Qualified" Airsmith

GP@PPS is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
GP@PPS works for a Paintball manufacturer
Actually, the pneumatics should not affect the pressure the gun needs at all.
Probably a good idea to set the Fatty at 350 and go from there.

Do it right or don't bother.

Living life and ridin this mutha till the wheels fall off.
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/Paladin's%20Pride.gif
Old 02-01-2005, 04:40 PM #3
freedumb

alight...ill try that the next chance i get...also i do own a standard stabilizer that i had on my old spyder....would it be better for my autococker than the fatty ?

man...in alot of ways i wish i would of gotten a blazer ...i been going though so much grief....but the gun i really wanted was a "palmerized cocker".....looking back i should of initially just purchased one directly from you....

...learning the hard way

Last edited by freedumb : 02-01-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:21 PM #4
GP@PPS
"Qualified" Airsmith

GP@PPS is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
GP@PPS works for a Paintball manufacturer
Stick with the Fatty on your 'cocker.

Do it right or don't bother.

Living life and ridin this mutha till the wheels fall off.
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/Paladin's%20Pride.gif