Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-16-2002, 05:56 PM #1
Paintballzer
Captain Condom

has been a member for 10 years
stupid teflon....

Ok, i bought a used impy, and on the demonic strangler theres red teflon on the part that connects the bottom part to the gun, so i can't make it a low rise. There was some on the other parts but i managed to get that off by useing a blow drier, but this one it isn't working cause i can't get as good a grip and it was getting really hot and i didn't want to damage the eye...The guy said he didn't put it on there and that e-paintballoutlet put it on, but i don't see why e-paintballoutlet would do that, so....any other ideas on how to get it off?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2002, 06:16 PM #2
PPro
Detroit What

Epbo probably did use red. Oh, and its loc tite, not teflon.

Anyway, they used red because you need to be sure those things dont come loose.

What i would suggest is just taking the hopper adapter part off (the part that twists to lock the hopper in)

Now heat up the neck for a while, at least 30 seconds. Take a pair of vise grips and twist it off. Its gonna be hard to twist, and you might scratch the thing some but its the part you dont need anyway...so it isnt a big deal.

If it still doesnt work try some more heat and go at it again. We use a heat gun in at the shop for dried loc tite, its like a hair dryer on steroids.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:33 PM #3
Paintballzer
Captain Condom

....why did i call it teflon?.....Wierd........OK, well i don't have any clamps...so....i guesse ill keep useing heat and getting grip w/ a towel....gunna be a fun night
Old 04-16-2002, 06:45 PM #4
Punk-Sk8er

even if you do have a vise, i wouldnt sqeeze the neck at all, you might not be using the piece, but it will be completely destroyed, that part has thin metal and it bends really easily, so when you tighten the vise it will just bend it, i would heat it up alot, and hit the feedtube with somthing hard to try and crack the seal, and keep heating it, but before you heat it alot take everything off, so its just the body and feedtube because your whole gun will get hot, id blow dry it for 5 min and hit it a couple times and keep drying it, hopefully you will get it after a while, maybe find an old mouse pad and wrap it around the feedtube, and then take some channel locks, or some good pliers and try to twist it, that way it wont scratch
Old 04-16-2002, 06:57 PM #5
Paintballzer
Captain Condom

Yeah, i just used the blow drier, a mouse pad, and put the pliers on the mouse pad 'n turned hard. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:57 PM #6
smasher41
I'm back!!

smasher41 is a Supporting Member
smasher41 is a founding member
take electrical tape and wrap a lot of layers around it and then use a vice grip.. but dont over tighten it, it should bite into the tape and act like a rubber padded vise grip... then heat it up **** the guys above said.. this should help some...

My FeedBack 40 positive feedback!

Member #155 on PBN
Old 04-16-2002, 08:05 PM #7
PPro
Detroit What

Quote:
Originally posted by Paintballzer
Yeah, i just used the blow drier, a mouse pad, and put the pliers on the mouse pad 'n turned hard. Thanks for the help.
So you did get it off? Cool.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:38 PM #8
Skofe
Banned

You can use the rubber clamp things. Theyre like a vise grip, but with big rubber straps that you strap around the feed neck.

I got mine off by trying to put a halo on
Old 04-17-2002, 03:25 PM #9
Paintballzer
Captain Condom

Yeah i got it off, destroyed a mouse pad in the prossese, but hey, now i can have a low rise or a high rise, and mouse pads are like lying all around in my house