PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-29-2005, 12:46 PM #1
personman
wtfbbq

has been a member for 10 years
Question I cant decide if I should sell my bko..

Hey everyone.
I got a bko in a trade a while ago. Right now it's not working. I screwed over the solenoid some how (one minute it was working, the next it wasnt and yes ive tried changing the battery). Also the harness broke but hopefully I can get another one from SP.

Do you think I could get say $200 for this? (while its broken)

Green 2k3 Bko
Stock barrel
DAM Mod ( I didn't get a chance to fully test it before the solenoid stopped working but I'm pretty sure it works.. )
Broken SP harness
Bob long torpedo
Really long on/off drop forward.. I think its like dead on or something.
Custom resin trigger that I made, and the stock one too
Shocktech & stock bolt

Do you think it would be more worth it to sell it as is, buy a new solenoid to fix it, or part it out?

Now that I think about it I think that parting it out would get me the most money but what do you guys think?

I'm really worried about waiting and fixing it because I dont really have much money right now so it would be a little while before I got $50 to spend on a new solenoid, and by then the resale would have dropped even more..
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2005, 02:25 PM #2
Let er rip

well if the harness is broken then how do you know if the solenoid is working or not? if you can find a workgin harness (or repair the one you have) hook everything up and press the red button on the solenoid and see what happens. if it shoots then it's fine. otherwise, you'd probably be better off either: keeping the gun and buying a new noid later or parting everything out now.

if ur a christian paintballer, put this in ur sig

Black 2009 Proto Matrix Rail UL; Nitroduck 90/4500; Pearl Blue (Empire-shelled) Halo b

No more wasted batteries with this mod: Halo B battery-pack toggle-switch mod
Old 01-29-2005, 02:29 PM #3
Kakeeater
Badger Paintball

Kakeeater is a Supporting Member
i doubt you could get 200 for it broken, but solenoids rarely "break" I would repair your harness and see if you can find whats keeping the solenoid from working

Ego5 -Blue/Silver - FS/FT

Good Luck In Iraq Mercalez
Old 01-29-2005, 10:38 PM #4
personman
wtfbbq

Well the harness isn't completely screwed up, its just the switch.

The solenoid stopped clicking before the harness fell apart. I can still just touch the wires together, effectivly bypassing the switch..
The light blinks but no clicky.

Yeah, I dont know why the solenoid would just break.. but I have taken it apart before, when it was leaking (which was retarded because it turned out the pressure was just too high)

But I've tried many things and for the life of me I just cant get the damn thing to click. I'm pretty convinced it's dead.

Hopefully I'll get a new harness from SP because they are supposed to have a lifetime warrenty on them..

I dont know if keeping it would be worth it really, with all the new versions of b2ks and bkos coming out the resale is going to go down down down I think...

More input please
Old 01-30-2005, 02:44 PM #5
allroz42
Womanizer

sell me the harness and noid
Old 01-31-2005, 03:26 PM #6
personman
wtfbbq

I think I have to send the harness back to SP to get a new one or have it fixed, but how much are you willing to pay for the noid? Shoot me a PM