PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 07:54 PM #43
Wolfstuff184

has been a member for 10 years
yeah true you are right forestgumpey, i was jsut tryin to say that they are fast
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2005, 01:07 PM #44
FSU Paintball
quotedfortruth.com

FSU Paintball is a Supporting Member
The misinformation flying around in this thread is astounding.

Freestyles with NOX are AT LEAST as fast as a WAS'd timmy. Firstly, WAS lies. It says you're shooting faster than you really are. Secondly, Freestyles have a theoretical higher MROF than timmies because of their design differences.

I've seen a lot of shocker owners. They all start out happy and end out angry. Shockers will break on you.

The reason so many pro teams shoot them is because Smart Parts puts out huge sponsorship deals to them, and they have to shoot their guns.

The reason so many people use shockers is because they see the pro teams using them, and/or they see a gun that is small, light, and fast... which is pretty nice. Until it breaks.
www.parts4paintball.com
Support Luke Mansberger & Strange
Old 01-25-2005, 03:11 PM #45
jmp5us (Banned)

everyone around here shoot shockers, and for the most part they shoot tits, but if the do go down there are 3 certified techs here.

i sold my shocker today becasue i was thinking about getting a freestyle to test out, but the only proble i have is that there are no techs here to fix it if it goes down.

so i guess what im trying to ask is, if a freestyle goes down, how long does it take to send in and have it back to you if you send it to ICD to be fixed?
Old 01-25-2005, 03:18 PM #46
paint3all88
vinner

Quote:
Originally posted by jmp5us
everyone around here shoot shockers, and for the most part they shoot tits, but if the do go down there are 3 certified techs here.

i sold my shocker today becasue i was thinking about getting a freestyle to test out, but the only proble i have is that there are no techs here to fix it if it goes down.

so i guess what im trying to ask is, if a freestyle goes down, how long does it take to send in and have it back to you if you send it to ICD to be fixed?

no they have the best service ive seen (had my freestyle fixed in 2 days (i over pressurized it by regs:-\))
Old 01-25-2005, 03:24 PM #47
steveo1313
Team Excel

shockers are great guns face it. im sick of sp haters. most ppl just hate them because other ppl do.they want to join the crowd. yea they sued some ppl but they make great stuff. i have shot both and i think they shoot very similar. i think u should choose whatever one u think looks better.

feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...readid=1065355
Old 01-25-2005, 03:26 PM #48
98custom03
--You Don't Know Me--

98custom03 is a Supporting Member
keep that to yourself...

My FeedBack
Old 01-25-2005, 04:01 PM #49
p8ntball-kid21
E-Jam United

p8ntball-kid21 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by steveo1313
shockers are great guns face it. im sick of sp haters. most ppl just hate them because other ppl do.they want to join the crowd. yea they sued some ppl but they make great stuff. i have shot both and i think they shoot very similar. i think u should choose whatever one u think looks better.
You own an imp... argument ends there.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:40 PM #50
Wolfstuff184

yea alot of people say that they are good guns. That is why i cant decide between that and a freestyle. I need a fast gun since im a backman, and they both are. I just want something that is fast, semi efficient( both will be with bolt kits), consistant, DEPENDABLE, semi easy maintenance. The thing is though, i would have to buy a bunch of stuff for the shocker like HE bolt, trigger, cp reg, maybe new board. That would be like $1000-$1150. Which i could no way afford. What do you guys think?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:00 PM #51
forestgumpey
USMC

buy neither, get either a shocktech shocker or an alias, both around 1200 dm4's are nice too
DETROIT PISTONS FAN
Feedback
Old 01-25-2005, 05:03 PM #52
98custom03
--You Don't Know Me--

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfstuff184
The thing is though, i would have to buy a bunch of stuff for the shocker like HE bolt, trigger, cp reg, maybe new board. That would be like $1000-$1150. Which i could no way afford. What do you guys think?

1200 huh, seems like he cant afford that. Read before you post, please. Also he didnt ask whether or not he should get a ShockTech Shocker, Alias, or DM4. He asked about a Shocker Or Freestyle......jesus

My FeedBack
Old 01-25-2005, 05:03 PM #53
forestgumpey
USMC

and as far as i konw the reason why people dont like smart parts is because the quality of there products are below average. i have a nerve and im not impressed with it. at all
DETROIT PISTONS FAN
Feedback
Old 01-25-2005, 05:19 PM #54
jmp5us (Banned)

yea but i think everyone will agree with you that nerves are not an impressive gun at all. they look like an imp that was milled. they come with the same board as new shockers so why not get a shocker? its lighter, better looking, and just shoots better.

wolf stuff- out of all that stuff the only really needed up is the HE bolt and maybe a new board, the stock trigger can be set up great and fast and there is no need for a cp reg unless its just preference.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:22 PM #55
XKE

all the shockers i see around here are constantly breaking

James Butts fan club #1-100
Old 01-25-2005, 05:30 PM #56
dremelguy
menlatin : bizzand-chibes

dremelguy is a Supporting Member
Ya know, people should really learn how to work on their own guns so they dont have to rely on wherer or not a "tech" is around.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:35 PM #57
98custom03
--You Don't Know Me--

Quote:
Originally posted by dremelguy
Ya know, people should really learn how to work on their own guns so they dont have to rely on wherer or not a "tech" is around.
jmp5us - most freestyles now come with the 05 board, and HE bolt unless your buying used. In that case its an already old gun thats prolly been used quite a bit in which case I wouldnt buy. You wont find many NON - HE bolt freestyle around anymore (brand new), and If you do its prolly not a very good deal compared to a 2004 Gen. 2 Freestyle with HE bolt

My FeedBack
Old 01-25-2005, 05:44 PM #58
Zio7

Zio7 is a Supporting Member
actually, go to www.advantagepb.com. now a timmy will shoot faster. ramping for was boards...but go for the freestyle. the vision shocker was my choice. i did a few hundred hours of research (yes, hundred. im a geek) and based my purchase off these things:
weight
speed
efficiency
size
cost

and some other non important things.

for 750, you get:
high efficiency bolt
breakbeam eyes
and all the other great things about the freestyle. look at that cost.

for 850, you get:
vision shocker with crappy eyes.
he bolt kit for 100 extra.
bad reg. +65

a little over a thousand. however, these are both great guns. my friend/teammate has a shocker, and its broken once. any costant forum dweller here knows mine has broken a little more than once...

this is the correct statement, and this is final:
IF MONEY AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT ARE AN ISSUE, BUY THE FREESTYLE.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:45 PM #59
jmp5us (Banned)

alrite thanks

dremelguy- for the most part i can fix guns, i work at my local feild saturdays and sundays and half the time i am fixing guns, but when someone comes in with a noid prob. its game over, i dont mess with noids.
As for local techs i have never shot a freestyle no one here has one, so i have never personally seen the internals and i dont like to just jump into something that i dont know anything about

also i searched but couldnt find freestyle upgrades if you guys know of a good website...

Last edited by jmp5us : 01-25-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:54 PM #60
lvl4l2C
Pwnzor teh Nubzor

buy a late 04 FS from demo_dan, he sells FS's w/e HE bolt kit + 05 internals for really cheap. He's getting 05s and B2k5s really soon.

Good luck in Iraq Mercalez
Old 01-25-2005, 06:07 PM #61
Wolfstuff184

well i was gonna get a 05 if i got a freestyle.

Thanks though forestgumpey for the help, but those are out of my price range, unless i could find a cheap alias but i dont want a used gun. But thanks for the suggestions. So it would be either a 05 freestyle or a vision shocker
Old 01-25-2005, 06:14 PM #62
lvl4l2C
Pwnzor teh Nubzor

05 freestyle all the way
wait for the gen. 2 05 FS

Good luck in Iraq Mercalez
Old 01-25-2005, 06:17 PM #63
Wolfstuff184

how much is the 2nd gen 05 gonna cost, what will it look like, when is it coming out. Also why are they makin a gen2 05?