PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-21-2005, 11:46 PM #1
Steg
Oi You Got Red on You.

Quick What Would You Do If You Were Me?

Ok gotta game in the morning. I went to chrono/tune my bko tonight at the store and have the following probs.

1. Chops... wtf? I have pds that work(ed) before I put the chaos in. Let me clarify... with the chaos (and this is the second board but it did the same thing with the first one) it will fire when pds is on and nothing is in the breech. It fires slow like its not in drop shot mode but I cant get it to actually drop the shot all-together. This is driving me nuts! I can get this gun shootin ropes but it'll chop if I do. I was sitting there thinkin well I guess I could slow down a little but hey I didnt buy chaos, pds, and a reloader b to shoot slow! Any ideas??

2. I got the double feeding figured out in case you read that I had probs with that.

3. My consistency and general reg stuff is not as good as I thought/hoped it was. I took out the ST lpr piston last night cleaned the reg and put the stock piston back in lubed. Now I never noticed any benifit to the ST piston and no problems are related to the stock piston. My consistency is +/- 20 fps??

I couldnt get the gun to shoot 300fps with my 16" barrel but with the stock barrel (what 11"?) I got it to 300 by backing out the lpr and setting the hpr to 280psi then turning the lpr till I got 300fps... that would be fine if I didnt have to readjust the hpr to 325 to get it...

Really it's the chops that are killin me right now though...

Btw: The battery in the gun is kinda old and I bought a new one tonight to replace it but this was after the pb store closed... What exactly does a low batt. do? I mean if it is enough to operate the marker what is the prob?

Any other ideas??! I need help right now...

Just as people demanded an end to slavery, demanded women's suffrage, demanded the end of apartheid -- we now call for an end to the unjust absurdity of extreme poverty.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:56 PM #2
What_A_Cocker?
TAM

has been a member for 10 years
yoru velocity problem coudl be with the battery, and as for the chaos and pds still shooting with the eyes on and nothing in the breach, maybe clean out your eyes, or put the stock board back in
Old 01-21-2005, 11:57 PM #3
acidrain

acidrain is a Supporting Member
Set the dwell to 12ms & change the battery.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:07 AM #4
RedPhoenix
PC LOAD LETTER!?

RedPhoenix is a Supporting Member
Sounds like my problem right now.

Im going to call Vapor and have someone walk me through thisl

Feedback Thread
Old 01-22-2005, 12:40 AM #5
m4rine

Sounds like dwell, set your chaos to a preset, you might have messed up your dwell settings on accident. If that dosn't work, increase your dwell. Also check your valve.

As far as the drop shot thing, not sure what to say, but it wont really effect your shooting high speeds. Try putting your stock board in, if it works on the stock board now, then it is the chaos settings messing everything up. If your stock board still dosnt work check for pinched wires/eye alignment.

Also definetely replace the battery, thats the first thing you always should do. This might fix your velocity problem, and you might not need to increase your dwell.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:21 AM #6
Sir Stunna Lot
Obi Stunn Kenobi

Sir Stunna Lot is a Supporting Member
weak battery will have deliver fluctuating voltage/current needed to opperate the solenoid and can cause major fps fluctuation

as for your chopping... sounds like u have the chaos board in "delay" mode instead of "forced"?

*** One gun to rule them all... ***

AIM: xSirStunnaLotx
Old 01-22-2005, 02:25 AM #7
ledzep53190
Where should I go?

a low batt will function the led but the gun wont fire because the solenoid requires more volts than the led.
you can get alternately missed shots.
your velocity can drop.
erratic velocities.
leaks from the solenoid and.....
UNEXPLAINED PAINT BREAKAGE!!!!
lol
Old 01-22-2005, 03:09 AM #8
Steg
Oi You Got Red on You.

Ok I changed the batt. On a side note the kids *checked the battery (tongue test) and say it is very much *live. I changed it anyway...

The noid was clicking fine, I really have doubts that this caused choppage. I changed it anyway in hopes of killing the fluctuation.

As for the chaos... Red and I talked about it in aim and neither of us can figure out why its not working. We both have the instructions and I believe we are both competant in adjusting it. I may not be a rocket scientist but it aint very hard to understand lol.

Let me ask you this... Those of you with 04 chaos (and I assume the latest firmware) when you fire your marker or listen to the noid, does it click or fire when you have the pds on and nothing in the chamber? Also if you set it on auto and pull the trigger it wont shoot but block the eye once and it will fire non stop even if you remove whatever was blocking the eye... Doesnt seem like 'logic' to me.

Also I would put the stock board in but I got a chaos in the first place because I accidently broke the stock board.

Help.

Goldie?

Just as people demanded an end to slavery, demanded women's suffrage, demanded the end of apartheid -- we now call for an end to the unjust absurdity of extreme poverty.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:05 AM #9
p8ntball-kid21
E-Jam United

p8ntball-kid21 is a Supporting Member
Increase eye delay?
Old 01-22-2005, 08:05 AM #10
Goldie D Pimp
VAPOR

Goldie D Pimp is a Supporting Member
It sounds like you've got the eye mode or scope mode set wrong.

You should have it set to

Scope Mode B
Drop Shot After Timer
After Eye Delay 1-2ms

If you have it set to scope mode A for somereason, it won't allow you to use drop shot at all.

As far as the full auto goes, it won't fire the first shot because the eyes aren't blocked. Once you block them with anything other than paint (it's due to the timing involved) then it will bypass them and allow you to shoot full auto until you release the trigger and pull it again.

I'd say adjust to the first preset (slow) and see if it changes anything, then you can tune it from there.
Vaporworks For all your ICD Product Needs!
Old 01-22-2005, 09:10 AM #11
mulletmadness
Damn Whities

mulletmadness is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by p8ntball-kid21
Increase eye delay?
Old 01-22-2005, 09:44 AM #12
vanquish_v12

first, check your ram. maybe you wiped it off and forgot to relube it? anyway take it out and check and see if it is working smoothly, if not then relube it.

also turn up your dwell, too low of a dwell time can cause low velocity. try 12 or 14ms.

Last, it could be your valve is loose or crooked inside your gun. This'll happen if your valve set screw gets a little loose. when you fire the gun the valve will rotate a little bit every time, causing low velocity and extremely bad fluctuations. I doubt this is the problem, but you might as well check it if nothing else fixes it.
"Originally posted by Darryl Hadfield: Don't be silly. God doesn't make crap."
Old 01-22-2005, 10:25 AM #13
Steg
Oi You Got Red on You.

Good stuff gents! Ill try all of it. I'm heading out now to go play, Ill let ya know later how it went!
Old 01-22-2005, 11:27 AM #14
RedPhoenix
PC LOAD LETTER!?

Ill also just post in this thread now, having the same problem.

My friend sucks at taking videos, but you can see the inconsistency with the paint and the bounce at the end... on preset 4.
You can hear the inconsistency as well, plus the bounce... that scared me, and i did mess with the debounce, but most of all that was with pds on and I had about 20 balls in my hopper in the whole video.

Video

Dont know how much that vid will help, but thats all I have to show. I will be getting my tank filled today, so I will post back to you guys and I will try all that above.

Feedback Thread
Old 01-22-2005, 12:33 PM #15
RedPhoenix
PC LOAD LETTER!?

Okay. Maybe I am not setting this right.

Here is a video, not exciting but its to show you whats its doing... etc

Video

Kinda long, but yeah.

Feedback Thread
Old 01-22-2005, 05:46 PM #16
Steg
Oi You Got Red on You.

Im havin trouble seeing your video Ill try again in a sec.

Ok just got done playing. First off I gotta say that paranoid paintball in Lemoore CA is the best place I've ever played! Man that place rocks, great reffing great people great shop self fill stations (no lines!) good prices... I'm thinkin Ill be playing there from now on.

Ok onto gun stuff...

My bko chops... plain and simple. I dunno what to do guys, Im on my second chaos board and neither of them I could get to drop shot. I have tried every configuration I could think of. Checked scope, checked modes checked dwell and everything else. I tried setting every setting manuelly I tried setting it to each of the presets. It still shoots about 4 or so bps when nothing is in the chamber and the eyes are on. The eyes obviously work but the drop shot doesnt.

I guess Ill just have to live with it but it pretty much sucks.

As for consistency... vanquish was absolutley right! Honestly I thought consistency of +/- 2-3 was a myth but my gun is really shooting that way, Im REALLY happy about that. I didnt have time to take my gun apart but I put 1 drop of oil on the ram (I will clean it all up and do it right in a few min.s) and it shot soooo consistent

My gun chronoed like this 292, 292, 292, 294, 296, 292, 292
I was shocked. Thanks man.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:12 PM #17
vanquish_v12

^no problem! it worked for me!

who installed PDS on your gun?
"Originally posted by Darryl Hadfield: Don't be silly. God doesn't make crap."
Old 01-22-2005, 06:25 PM #18
*EM1-Master*
Schwang

*EM1-Master* is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Steg

I didnt have time to take my gun apart but I put 1 drop of oil on the ram (I will clean it all up and do it right in a few min.s) and it shot soooo consistent
Put down the oil and SLOWLY STEP AWAY FROM THE BKO Get some grease or you won't get any cookies!
Old 01-22-2005, 06:34 PM #19
Cobalt5
i got the funk. :D

Shot so consistantly.*

I like being a grammar nazi.

Oil's not bad. People on this forum treat it like its a NUCLEAR BOMB OMG DONT PUT IT ON UR BKO!!!11one When it's actually not.

Oil's just going to get off the parts faster, and you're going to have to 'oil it' often. Dow on the other hand, it'll 'stick' a bit more.

And whats this BS about swelling o-rings? I've really seen or heard tales of 'wow my o-ring swelled so dramatically that my gun *stopped working.*'

[cppa member #1652] . [my feedback]
Old 01-22-2005, 08:18 PM #20
Steg
Oi You Got Red on You.

VaporWorks installed my pds. I loved it with the stock board, never chopped even shootin dice paint

EM1 SLOWLY STEP AWAY FROM my thread and go back to the kingman forum

I suppose I should learn how to type since Ill be a journalism major lol

About the oil, *some people are nuts about it and like to repeat things they HEARD from other people... I cant see how putting 1 drop of oil (gold cup) on the ram is gonna cause any probs, in fact it didnt. I already cleaned my gun and re-lubed the ram with a mixture of lithium and *gasp!* oil. Stuff is really slick! Not to mention that the ram is after the noid... Ah well no biggie.

Anyone have any ideas on the pds/chaos?

Red I cant wait to hear what the results of your fiddleing is!

Old 01-22-2005, 08:22 PM #21
Darryl Hadfield (Banned)
Just Some Guy

Quote:
Shot so consistantly.*

I like being a grammar nazi.
CONSISTENTLY.

If you would, please expand your "mein kampf" to include spelling, 'k?

Most oils *are* bad for your marker. They will get dirty faster, they will require more frequent lubrication, and because of the thinner consistency, they get into smaller spaces easier - and then dirty up those smaller spaces easier.

Geez, the friggin' manual itself says not to use oil. Don't screw yourself out of a warranty if you're using a new marker, and even if you're not under warranty anymore, save yourself the grief and frustration.

That said.. synthetic oil that has been highly refined is usually another story - as far as how fast it'll collect dust. Still better to stick with something more like DOW55 or DOW33. There are other alternatives that work just as well, without the problems that oil will cause.

*edit* and Dow55 *does* swell your o-rings.. thats why you shouldn't slather the stuff on with a trowel. lubricate, don't suffocate.