Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-21-2005, 03:37 PM #1
spedhunter88
my fingers.....

has been a member for 10 years
this is rediculious

ok so i work at my local pb field outdoor adventures (oa for short) and im a b ref so i dont really make ne decsions at so where i take my group or what but i am second in command among my group one of my responsibilities is to hand out rental guns to my rental group. ok so last sunday when i had to work i was in the trailor waiting at the hand out window getting ready to hand out the guns as soon as my a ref finished the debriefing talk. this kid comes up to the window im standing at and looks up at me holding this black gun with an egg on it and says "can u change my velocity for me" and i look at him and just say "umm" then i took a closer look and said "o wait a minute is that a bko" so he gets all excited and says yea it is can u fix it for me and i said yea sure give it here i looked at the gun and asked is this the 04 model and he says yea ii say ye sure i can fix it for u ill be rioght back. so i turn arround with the gun and start to head toward the chrono booth when the a ref/gun tech holloywood looks at me and says what are u doing with that gun and i said im going to fix it for this kid here and he says no ur not you arend even allowed to tough a walkons gun ur not a gun tech so i handed it to him and he took one look at it and said what is it. so he said i dont kno how to fix this go get steve (the other gun tech) and he comes over to the kid takes the gun looks at it and says i dont kno how to fix this sorry so i said wait steve i can take care of this. so he looks at me and says well if u can fix it go ahead here and he hands me the gun i took it back o the chrono booth and started adjusting the vcelocity i got it up to about 250 and then they told me my a ref was calling. so i went over to the window and gave it back to the kid and treid to give him a brief description of how to fix his problem so then the field owner lee comes up behind me and says what are u doing so i tell him i just fixed this kids gun and am telling him how to finish the job because i have to take care of the rental group. lee says finish handing out the guns and then come see me. so i went and saw him and first thing he says to me is "y were u even touching a walkons gun" and i said because steve said it was ok lee then says well y didnt steve or hollywood take care of it and i said because both ur techs didnt know how to fix it and he says what type of gun was it and i said it was an icd bko and he goes well ok but next time u dont touch any walkon's gun no matter what.

here is my problem with this whole scenario

1st this kid comes asking for help and none of the techs kno how to help him if they even kno what the gun is

2nd i get my *** yelled at by the field owner for helping a kid with a problem that none of his field techs could fix just because im a b ref even though i kno completely what im doing

3rd oa also has a store and none of the techs up there are certified to work on icd guns yet they are certified to work on every other type of gun literaly

does ne one else see a problem with this scenario or is it just me

ICD BKO F/S
My Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2005, 03:43 PM #2
Chris at Tech
I'm a helluva engineer...

The only problem I see in this scenario is lack of punctuation and paragraphs

"[T]he evidence also strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam could have invented what is claimed."

-United States District Court judge G.M. King,
on Smart Parts' patent claim, August 23rd, 2004, page 16.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:44 PM #3
teamtirus103004
Team Tirus

yeah dude that is bull **** you got yelled at for helpin someone for one and two the so called "gun techs" dont know what the hell they are doin but yet you do i dont think i would want to have anything to do with that field anymore man...

ICD Freestyle FS8 For Sell!!!! - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post24138191
Old 01-21-2005, 03:45 PM #4
Let er rip

yeah i see a problem....no respect for ICD!!!! WAR CRY!!!.....sorry

if ur a christian paintballer, put this in ur sig

Black 2009 Proto Matrix Rail UL; Nitroduck 90/4500; Pearl Blue (Empire-shelled) Halo b

No more wasted batteries with this mod: Halo B battery-pack toggle-switch mod
Old 01-21-2005, 03:49 PM #5
paint3all88
vinner

booooo oa
Old 01-21-2005, 03:50 PM #6
mulletmadness
Damn Whities

mulletmadness is a Supporting Member
Bkos' velocity adjustment is exactly the same as impulses, timmies (except the ram cap), vikings, cyborgs...etc

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to adjust the gun's velocity
Old 01-21-2005, 03:55 PM #7
paintballguy20
ROCKIN DA FS

first off, ur boss seems like an @$$hole. u just fixed a gun nobody knew how to. second he doesnt commend you for it. thirdly, if the techs cant fix the guns people bring in, WTF are they there for. but, did u talk to the ur boss about becoming a tech guy? i also dont get why, like at my field, everyone can do the same stuff, ref, fix guns, run the field when the owners not there, how to fill co2 or compressed air. i would want to come back to a field where everyone knows how to do the same stuff rather than going to a field where everyone has titles. just my two cents worth.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=paintball_spyder _fanatic&item=-1&frompage=222

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=829554

any questions about any of my feedback, ask!
Old 01-21-2005, 03:58 PM #8
FSU Paintball
quotedfortruth.com

FSU Paintball is a Supporting Member
Why the **** do you work for a field like that? I'd quit and tell them to take it in the cornhole. I'd never work at a field that I wasn't having fun at.
www.parts4paintball.com
Support Luke Mansberger & Strange
Old 01-21-2005, 04:02 PM #9
BAKA
lucky flag!

if its a liability issue for them, i understand, but those supposed gun techs must be freaken morons. Did u tell them how the marker works?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:11 PM #10
DiCE
European's are weird

its a paintball gun, how many ways can you adjust a marker, really.
Spyders- the back nob
Tippman- the allen key adjustment on the side
All other electro guns- either the LPR or HPR (depends)

at my field i fix guns there all of the time, and can fill them. (i dont even work there )

Reading the FAQ = no stupid questions
Not reading the FAQ = Being royally flammed
+98% of American teenagers have tried pot. Well i really dont give a ****.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:18 PM #11
*EM1-Master*
Schwang

*EM1-Master* is a Supporting Member
Impulse- Dwell
Old 01-21-2005, 04:22 PM #12
Loki0874
srsly total legit

You're right that was stupid and dumb of him and he had no reason to yell at you. Yet, if you broke that kids gun what would have happend? It does not matter how small the problem is, if you broke it, the owner would be screwed. He cant risk it. Im sure you know what your doing with bko's and maybe the other techs do not but its not your problem. I know you trying to help i would to but you owner is only takeing percautions. Also Please make your post more eledgable.

~Dillon

Old 01-21-2005, 04:27 PM #13
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris at Tech
yay for english classes nowadays.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
Old 01-21-2005, 04:48 PM #14
kwik
Herbal Cultivar M.D.

Annual Supporting Member
kwik is a Supporting Member
kwik is playing at Living Legends VII
kwik supports Team VICIOUS
kwik supports Pev's Paintball
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
The reason the boss was hyped is because it is a field liability issue, if a non-certified tech works on a gun that is an employee of his he becomes liable to any claims the owner of the marker makes, he could come back and say you broke it(even if u didnt) and because your not certified he has a right to sue or some shiz. This changes from state to state and field to field depending on their insurance policies and certain legal issues.

All that aside he should not have repremanded you in any way, you were authorized by one of his techs to do the work and it was his responsibility to inform you when you were hired that only techs can touch markers. He should have brought you in and in a polite manner explained his situation(whether it be legal or insurance) so understood the rule and why it was in place.

ICD-Owners
Old 01-21-2005, 04:58 PM #15
Loki0874
srsly total legit

Quote:
Originally posted by kwik
The reason the boss was hyped is because it is a field liability issue, if a non-certified tech works on a gun that is an employee of his he becomes liable to any claims the owner of the marker makes, he could come back and say you broke it(even if u didnt) and because your not certified he has a right to sue or some shiz. This changes from state to state and field to field depending on their insurance policies and certain legal issues.

All that aside he should not have repremanded you in any way, you were authorized by one of his techs to do the work and it was his responsibility to inform you when you were hired that only techs can touch markers. He should have brought you in and in a polite manner explained his situation(whether it be legal or insurance) so understood the rule and why it was in place.

Thank you for saying what i wanted to.

~dillon

Old 01-21-2005, 04:59 PM #16
Loki0874
srsly total legit

Oh also.....what kinda of tech does not know how to increse velocity? Must be some pretty bright guys who work there.

~dillon

Old 01-21-2005, 06:22 PM #17
spedhunter88
my fingers.....

Ladies and gentlemen i appreciate the support on this occurance of ignorance however i must stand up for my workplace because this is the only area where i have found that they come up short and by that i mean the inablity to repair icd guns

Quote:
no thats not y its because i was doing something i technicaly wasnt supposed to be doing even though my supervisor approved it and no matter what the gun the techs make the gunholder agree to a verbal and written contract

Quote:
its a paintball gun, how many ways can you adjust a marker, really. Spyders- the back nob
Tippman- the allen key adjustment on the side
All other electro guns- either the LPR or HPR (depends)
damn straight

Quote:
but those supposed gun techs must be freaken morons. Did u tell them how the marker works?
accuatly no theyre not freaking morons exceept for hollywood but he also falls int the catagories of jackass, dip****, jerk, and mother ****er the techs are certified to work on every other type of gun and no i did not inform them i didnt have time i had to go take care of the rental group i was supposed to be with however i saw the kid later and gave him every bit of advice i could think of
(get a halo b, get pds, and an aftermarket hpr and guage, and get a good barrel kit)

Quote:
Why the **** do you work for a field like that? I'd quit and tell them to take it in the cornhole. I'd never work at a field that I wasn't having fun at.
i work there because the discounts are too good to pass up and theres like one or two people there that i would love to give a swift kick in the balls and i do have fun when i work there it doenst feel like workat all

Quote:
yeah i see a problem....no respect for ICD!!!! WAR CRY!!!.....sorry
amen brother show some love for the east cost icd

Quote:
golden rule #2: If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all

ICD BKO F/S
My Feedback
Old 01-21-2005, 06:28 PM #18
bulzeye

yeah but golden rule #1 if you can't post a coherent thread with at the very least PARAGRAPHS you shouldn't be hitting the NEW THREAD button.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
Old 01-21-2005, 06:45 PM #19
vanquish_v12

yeah dude, sorry to say this, but your first post was really hard to read. I know what you're gonna say, "nobody forced you to read it so get the hell outta my thread" but I'm not trying to bust your balls here. I'm just sayin some punctuation, paragraphs and such woulda gone a loooong way, thats it, take it as you will.

but yeah thats too bad how your gun techs are like that. My shop has actually called me in a couple times to repair ICD guns since we dont see many of them, and our normal tech hates ICD and pretty much refuses to work on them.

I've got a similar story though. Last weekend some kid with a B2K3 shows up and I'm reffing. His gun isnt shooting when he goes to chrono it, I saw that both regs were way out of wack (LPR turned WAY too far in so the inline cant go above 100psi). I'm like, lemme see that. Lower the LPR, set inline at 250psi, increase LPR, shoot a test shot over the chrono and its 278! hows that? taking a gun from not shooting at all to 278 +/- 5 in about 10 seconds! the kid was like "how'd you do that?"

and I was the head ref so nobody could yell at me!
"Originally posted by Darryl Hadfield: Don't be silly. God doesn't make crap."
Old 01-21-2005, 06:57 PM #20
spedhunter88
my fingers.....

no im not going to say nobody forced u to read it what im going to say is if u need to u can put ur finger under each word as u read it which is what alot of people do when they have problems reading i was also under the impressions that in this forum i didnt need to follow the format of term papers but if it makes it harder for you to read taht is a completely different story and i apologize for that now that i realize this i will do better in the future

and btw goldern rule #1: do unto otheres as you would have them do unto you

ICD BKO F/S
My Feedback
Old 01-21-2005, 06:59 PM #21
bulzeye

no you need to follow the golden FORUM rules.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback