isaiah_porter07

Best shot that you have ever made

Name the weirdest/best shot you have ever made in a rec/airball game
isaiah_porter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2014, 09:36 PM #2
delvryboy

I received a good one last night. Took one to the hopper and got out. Pulled the hopper off to clean it and noticed a chopped ball in the breach. I didn't think much about it at first, then I realized it wasn't my paint. Barrel was clean as a whistle. Must have been 2 shots. 1 to the hopper and one perfectly up the barrel. It broke on my bolt.
delvryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:57 PM #3
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I was playing modified stock class against a team of four on a big recball field and the first part of the game went okay. We whittled them down to two in the end at the expense of the other two of my teammates, leaving me the last one left. I shot almost all my ammo trying to get the last two and finally got one out. That left one, but I only had one tube in my harness. I carefully dumped it into my cram-n-jam and slipped to the left. We snapped back and forth for a long time, him with three pods left and me with 10 rounds. I expended nine and wasn't even sure if there was a tenth left in the feedneck as I went to move. I decided to fake to see what he would do and it ended up scaring him to the left a bit more. As he was sprinting out across the field towards the next piece of cover, I drew a bead on him with my final ball. I watched it arc perfectly towards him and smack into the side of his head in a perfect circular break.

Won the game.
I was amazed that I actually hit him with that shot, my barrel was shooting loopy all day because of a stubborn piece of paint lodged halfway down the bore.

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:38 PM #4
OTTO13

OTTO13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Had a rec game once where I was playing in my paintball pants, a baggy sleeveless shirt over a sleeved compression shirt (under Armour style). Had my arm pads on but nothing else covering my lower arms.

Ran to D2 off break which was 50/50 all day depending on how good/many people were shooting the lane. This time I took a hit on my arm but the ref was right on the tape 5' away immediately came over and said it didn't break and to keep playing, didn't think anything of it for the rest of the game.

After the game I undid my pod pack and it freed up the bottom of my outer shirt and a still unbroken paintball fell out, the guy at the same staging table as me saw it drop and we both looked at each other and cracked up laughing.

Allegheny College Paintball - Founder and Alumni
ΔTΔ Fraternity Alumni - TCFP

Old Feedback/Old Account:Ottosmagic13: My Feedback
OTTO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:20 AM #5
Milky19
Young Gun

Milky19 is playing at Living Legends VII
Milky19 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Milky19 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Milky19 supports Empire
Well I was renting and was using a BT-4. A bunch of paintballs get stuck if you don't shoot for a while, but they dont go far. At point blank I shot a guy and that happened and a few hit him but none broke.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:43 PM #6
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
13 years ago.

I took out 5-6 guys running down the tapeline in the woods, but I started to run out of air. I could only shoot 50 feet. I came up behind this guy with an angel. I tried to close the distance as close as I could before I fired. Unfortunately, the deadman beside him talked, he turned around and started firing max ROF at me. I strafed and just before I dove behind a bunker, fired my last shot in the air. It was a high arc, but it fell right on top of the dude's shoulder and splatted, eliminating him.

8 years ago. I core sampled when I dove into the snake. Immediately started to take apart my old angel. This kid with an ego slid into the snake next to me, but he didn't know I was there because I was busy fixing my marker. His team forgot where I was. Well I couldn't get out the core sample so I fired with just the freak bottom on two shots into his pods to eliminate him. Everyone will have a chance to do this when they have a two piece barrel setup. It's nothing that great.

I used to have an insane snapshot, but not anymore. My reflexes are slowing down majorly. Sometimes I can eliminate people without seeing them. If I told you how, I would be telling too much strategy online.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 07-22-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:48 AM #7
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
I crawled the entire length of the snake without being noticed. Shot my buddy from behind. It hit him in the head. He was lightheaded and sat out for the rest of the day.

(Yes that sucked and I felt really bad. BUT. He loaned his gun to another friend that was renting.)

The next game was in the woods and I was flanking up the tape. One opponent in the center of the field noticed me and started firing. After a brief exchange I hear "HIT!" and they walk off the field. After the game I found it was the friend with the loaner gun, and I had shot down the barrel and jammed the bolt.

Took someone out of the game, out for the day, AND their gun.

Ion: takes a half hour to do easy maintenance and there is a 50% chance it will leak once reassembled.

NT: requires at least a four year degree in metallurgy, physics, meteorology and dark magic to get it to operate.

eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:33 PM #8
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by delvryboy View Post
I received a good one last night. Took one to the hopper and got out. Pulled the hopper off to clean it and noticed a chopped ball in the breach. I didn't think much about it at first, then I realized it wasn't my paint. Barrel was clean as a whistle. Must have been 2 shots. 1 to the hopper and one perfectly up the barrel. It broke on my bolt.
dang!! what are the odds of getting shot straight down
your own barrel lol? I got shot inside my hopper once,
not even like I had my gun down or anything. Another
time I got hit a few times on the side of my mask and
one or two broke down, but I had one whole intact ball
just rolling inside my mask, one of my opponents paint
just inside the foam of my Grill!! I was quite disturbed
about it for some time. but down your own barrel, wow

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:48 PM #9
ikappedkermit

ikappedkermit plays in the APPA D4 division
ikappedkermit supports DLX Technology
4 years ago - playing rec ball with my pump... other team puts a player in a small bunker with slits to shoot through. The only thing I can see is the barrel tip - one ball for range and another for accuracy... the ref sees my ball go directly into his barrel. I was amazed and he was out.

3 years ago - one of my teammates asked if I wanted to play pump in a three man tourney... why not, I'm not scared. We got rolled for the most part - the only team not using electros. During one game, I was playing home, trying to hold down both tapes. I look D-side, see a runner, fire one ball for effect and go back to watching the snake side... all I hear from behind me is "whoa, wow..." I look back to the D-side to see the runner walking out with a yellow dot dead center on his gogs - I'd like to say that was skill, a shot I practice endlessly, but... "lucky than good" it's what I live by.

Proudly playing for APACHE ALLSTARZ
Painball Club of Choctaw
ikappedkermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:05 PM #10
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Three months ago, playing rec on a field of large dirt mounds and hay bales. The mounds were shaped pretty smoothly, but I shot a guy out who had been lying on one, and he had pressed his body into it so it created a divot in the mound. There was one last guy left, hiding behind a bale by the previously mentioned mound. I sprinted up to the mound and slid past it as I was shooting. It was just me and him, everyone else was far behind. I threw myself into the divot in the mound, and I was small enough where almost my whole body was hidden in it. I shoved my barrel through the dirt, fired three shots that I could barely see (my head was barely poking out). I saw dirt fly out the first two trigger pulls, then my third hit him right in the forehead. Fun day. Not so good for my old Azodin, though.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:11 PM #11
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Speed 05 View Post
dang!! what are the odds of getting shot straight down
your own barrel lol?
During my first game of speedball ever I got shot eleven times, one of which was down the barrel. It hit at an odd enough angle that it broke in the muzzle and coated the inside of the barrel, but I was still amazed.
Noah

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:07 PM #12
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
There you go, that should fix the title...

On a couple of occasions I was running laterally across the field to get someone on the far tape line when I noticed almost too late that there was still someone in the middle. My gun and body were pointed towards the sideline and I didn't have time to fully turn, so I just pivoted the gun in front of me (so that the side of the gun was towards my face), and pulled the trigger with my thumb.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:14 PM #13
Spapa
GET OUT

Spapa has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spapa has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spapa supports Empire
From another thread I posted in:

I was playing on a fairly large field on a windy day. It was down to the last few players on the other team, they were on the complete opposite side of the field, (about 50 or 60 yards) but still in view. I knew couldn't hit them, but since they were down wind from me, I decided to give it a shot (no pun intended). The ball curved in the shape of an "S" as the wind carried it down the field and hit one guy in the mask. Easily the best shot I've gotten.

Deadlywind fibur for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4316953
Spapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:52 AM #14
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Three way toss-up for me.

- Back in my Army (Guard) days, we took a trip to the northern part of Wisconsin to a field that's gone now, to do a day of "deliberate dismounted patrol training". At the end of the day, we did a burner game, just to shoot the crap out of each other. The field was about 300 feet start line to start line. We get the "GO", I launch one shot into the air, vaguely toward the other half of our platoon, then move to cover. The ball arcs downrange, drops in right behind one of the back "bunkers" - they were really stacked tractor tires - on top of one of our opponents.

- Stalker, near the Wisconsin Dells. I'm out there with my trusty SL-68II pump. It's near the end of the day, and I've shot most of the paint I had. The game is down to me against one other guy... and one of the last balls I have breaks in my Armson barrel. That causes the remaining shots I have to veer wildly everywhere except the point of aim, and then I run out entirely. Sort of desperate, I pick up a ball that had been shot at me, load it into my hopper, pump, and take a shot at the charging opponent. No skill here, just pure luck, I hit him. Wasn't even aimed at him. The wet Armson hooked the ball just correctly to get the hit.

- Sherwood Forest, Axis & Allies game. During the final battle, there's a bad guy in the castle. He's tucked in tight behind a window. I move a little left, trying to get the angle on him, but get pinned down. Dialing in more ramp into my Apex, I turn the tip 90 degrees and take a shot just to see what it'll do. The ball goes straight, then hooks right hard, and into the window, taking out said bad guy.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:52 AM #15
SnakeAndBat574

Woodsball game with my friends. I was shooting downhill at a bunker, could swore I hit him already but he didn't call himself out. After unloading a hopper and a half on him, he finally called himself out. Walked by me covered head to toe in orange. Moral of the story: call yourself out or get lot up like a Christmas tree haha. (I know that's not a great shot, but I was shooting through a plethora of trees/branches trying to get this guy)
SnakeAndBat574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:08 AM #16
CLAYZWORLD

I was playing one time and I got four shots on someone's mask and the pattern looked like the graffiti joker smile from batman.
CLAYZWORLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:32 PM #17
mjtrue

mjtrue owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gangster shot one handed running two people down....
mjtrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:08 AM #18
Mininja

We have a castle map where i play and i one ball'd someone across the field into a window right on the mask
Mininja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:11 AM #19
PC6277

5th Grade, my school had a field trip to paintball. Most of the teachers went. I ended up shooting my english teacher right in the mask.
PC6277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:00 AM #20
JFalc0

Playing against my buddy who had a tricked out shocker, as I was shooting a Spyder. I felt him lighting up my bunker. I managed to lob one over his bunker. First, I see him lift his gun over his head. Then I see him stand up from behind his bunker. 1 shot in between his eyes.
JFalc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:32 AM #21
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
First game we ever played at my private field. Our camps are about 400 feet apart, at the top of two hills, and you have to go down and cross a creek to get from one side to the other.

The horn sounds, and we rush forward to towards the other teams camp and get to the edge of the hill, while the other team is doing the same thing. I tilt my gun up over the tops of the trees where I "Think" they will be as you can't see them from this distance with the woods, and I rip off about 10 paintballs, and then keep moving.

We play the whole game, and that night I'm talking to my pops who was on the other team, and asking him how his first game was... He said it wasn't any fun at all???

Why?

He said he ran forward on the sound of the horn, and got about 50 feet up, and BAM, he was hit right in the shoulder, and it broke!

Freaking FIRST time playing and my first shots and I nailed him! haha.

(didn't know "blind" firing was bad at the time). I laughed and laughed as I realized I had shot him out with those airballs!

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote