Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-27-2016, 10:13 AM #1
Sambonila
Bunker God

Sambonila owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Sambonila has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Sambonila supports Ninja Paintball
Talking ITT: We post what we do to mess with rentals/newbies. (harmless no bullying)

-I always trick a group of rentals to follow me to the front line. I just tell them "I'm going to a secret sniper spot" and like 10 run to the front with me and we end up having lots of fun. They are caught off guard at first, but most of them thank me afterwards for putting them right in the action.

-Another thing I do is tell newbies that paintballs are non toxic and the ones that the field uses has added flavor... You can imagine the faces of the people that fall for that. It's cool though, I always give a starburst to people that do fall for it.

Last edited by Sambonila : 05-28-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Sambonila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2016, 02:59 AM #2
replicopy

I follow a rental off the break and sit one bunker behind him. If he plays like a *****, I put 10 balls in his back and tell him I thought he was an enemy combatant
replicopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:27 AM #3
Lukeus007

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Lukeus007 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Lukeus007 plays in the APPA D5 division
Lukeus007 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by replicopy View Post
I follow a rental off the break and sit one bunker behind him. If he plays like a *****, I put 10 balls in his back and tell him I thought he was an enemy combatant
remind me to not ever play at the field that allows some idiot to do this.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:40 AM #4
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Dude, that is really lame. There were many times throughout life where I was about to make a bunker move that would change the game. Just as I am about to bunker the guy, who is dumping the most paint, eliminating the most people, some moron shoots me in the back on my own team. This helps me understand the mentality. Apparently the guy behind me psychologically projects his own fears onto me.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:36 PM #5
Clark Gryphyn
Bad Juju

Quote:
Go away, troll.
CCM T2
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:23 PM #6
E1Newb

Quote:
while I have accidentally shot my own team members because I couldn't see color, or because they happened to flank too fast and where shooting my direction so I mistook them for the opposite team..

I have also been shot by my own team accidentally when making a move ( never trust the brother in law) but it is usually once

your the person I would turn around on and unload a hopper full just for being the big douche you are, I almost did this in one game to a player with a similar mentality that thought it was funny to shoot out players when they where walking off the field in the ***, until I turned around, ref right there, pointed my marker right at him and yelled if he did it again I would shoot the crap out of him, ref said nothing cause he knew the guy was a tool, just like you.

aside from this, I am a returning player after a 9 year hiatus, so I am a "newb" too... and frankly people with your mentality that have to subject me to their opinion on my play style piss me off.
E1Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:59 PM #7
Clark Gryphyn
Bad Juju

My favorite people to play with are rentals and newbies. I love the look on their faces when they are discovering how wonderful this game is, and I and my teammates go out of our way to make sure they have a good time, because that is the only way our sport is going to grow. I play to relax and have a good time, so do my best to foster that type of environment with others. I also find it to be one of the largest positives of playing pump. Rentals/new players find it much less intimidating, and we all have a blast.
CCM T2
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:43 PM #8
replicopy

Guess my joke was not well received. In what world would this possibly be something that someone would do. Relax
replicopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:30 PM #9
Sambonila
Bunker God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Gryphyn View Post
My favorite people to play with are rentals and newbies. I love the look on their faces when they are discovering how wonderful this game is, and I and my teammates go out of our way to make sure they have a good time, because that is the only way our sport is going to grow. I play to relax and have a good time, so do my best to foster that type of environment with others. I also find it to be one of the largest positives of playing pump. Rentals/new players find it much less intimidating, and we all have a blast.
This. This made me shed a tear. A manly tear, but a tear. You are a wonderful person. Anything that I do to mess with rentals I do it out of fun and I also really try my hardest to make sure people are comfortable and have a good time. I even lent my ego to this kid a last week.

He was like 10-11 and was scared to push up, so I approached him and told him to follow me one time I'll make sure he doesn't get hit and kills a lot of people. I took him to the front lines in this little ravine. We were in the middle of a fire fight and he wouldn't come up and shoot to cover me because he was scared. So I told him, "shoot for me so I can move forward and we'll win", he was still reluctant. So finally I told him, "I'll tell you what; you pop up and shoot and we'll win, and if you get shot I'll lend you my "machine gun" for the rest of the game!" Little did I know that the other team was flanking during our little motivation session. So he pops up and starts laying cover on these guys I told him to, and I start running. Well that lasted about a split second cause as soon as I get up the ravine and around a tree there's the other team, posted up waiting for me. They lit me up like a Christmas tree (I'm not mad bc I walked into it) and they hit my little buddy 2-3 times. He was excited when we got back to our spawn point. For one, because he got to shoot my Ego the rest of the game (with me in close proximity). And two which is most important, he found out paintballs really don't hurt that bad even for a newbie. Fin.

Last edited by Sambonila : 05-28-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Sambonila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:40 AM #10
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Guess my joke was not well received. In what world would this possibly be something that someone would do. Relax
"It was just a prank bro!"
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:05 AM #11
Sambonila
Bunker God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
"It was just a prank bro!"
Social Experiment*
Old 05-29-2016, 04:50 PM #12
Hounds33

Hounds33 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hounds33 supports Shocker RSX
Hounds33 supports Ninja Paintball
I rarely let anyone use my RSX because it's my baby, but it was this 12 yr olds birthday so I let him take it for a round. I was on the field reffing and keeping a close eye on him but him and his friend walked off and before I could get to him to take the RSX he one shot his buddy in the leg point blank trying to find the "safety". Kid took it like a champ.
Hounds33 is offline   Reply With Quote