Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-26-2016, 06:28 PM #1

Anyone ever just hopped in a creek with friends and played a few games there? anyone have stories? maybe some people who successfully did it or some who were caught?
jdhfelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 10-05-2016, 11:57 AM #2
Budget Baller
browntb has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Um, not really, but I have tried to sneak around people through a swamp before at a big game. It was a terrible choice, but at least I didnt break my gun. The mud swallowed my legs up to my knees (stopping me dead in my tracks while I was running full tilt) and I somehow crawled out without my gun being covered in mud.

Was this an anecdote you were looking for? lol
Tom, the Eternal Noob
browntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:49 PM #3
Haven fun yet?
paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper supports Ninja Paintball
I played in a dried up creek bed that had 10' - 15' tall sides. It was very much like a funnel and just straight up head to head games. No flanking and lots of paint, we could go up the sides a little but basically we played in the winding path of the creek.

Pure fun and very fast and quick games. Didn't have to watch your back or flanks, just tunnel vision it all the way.
+15 years of paintball experience.
Loves double chocolate cookies.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:59 AM #4
FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
My backyard field had creeks all over it, you had to cross a creek or two to get from one base to the other... So tons and tons of games were fought in the creeks. Very fun.

First one that comes to mind. And the reason I wear a cup every time I play...

I had just crossed the creek and was up against the bank and my marker had broken paint in the barrel, which kills the accuracy of a flatline barrel, so I took my barrel off to clean it (it twists 1/4 turn to remove on an A-5).

I'm crouched there holding my barrel in one hand and my squeegie in the other when two players on the opposing team enter the creek about 20 feet from me....

I'm like, oh crap.

I run the squeegie through hoping the bbbrrttt of it leaving the barrel doesn't attract their attention as they are looking at the bank behind me making sure no one is coming down on their position. And then I start trying to get my barrel back on my marker.

And in the stress of the moment, I just can't get it on!!!

I twist and push and twist and push... nothing...

One of the enemies goes the other way and out of my view, but the other crosses the creek and starts going up the massive hill, crawling up it as it is so steep. And he is literally about 15 feet from me...

I finally push the barrel just right and it goes on the end and twist it locking it in place and turn to fire a shot at my opponent who for some crazy reason never looked at me!

I fire at his chest and then realize I put my barrel on upside down and the shot instead of shooting flat at his chest, divebombs down and nails him in the crotch with a loud "whack".

He groans and slides down the hill and into the creek writhing in pain from the shot to the nuts...

I feel like a total jerk..

But, lesson learned, and I wear a cup every time I play now and have since that day over 9 years ago.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:17 PM #5
Canadian Baller
Annual Supporting Member
JordanPischke supports Ninja Paintball
JordanPischke supports Empire
I've never had to sneak onto someone's land to do it but yes I've played a lot of creek ball. Between my cousins parents land and my uncles I've played in quite a few different creeks. Plus the one field I used to go to very often had a creek style setup in a couple areas as well.
Have an Edmonton Impact jersey you're looking to sell? PM ME!

JordanPischke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:46 PM #6
What do you mean caught? I don't have a local field so all our play is woods or creekball. Honestly I like it a lot, I don't see myself enjoying speedball as much.
picklesmrg is offline   Reply With Quote