PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-29-2014, 05:22 PM #1
Southwoods
TSWRA

Southwoods has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Local field problem.

Alright guys I have a problem, I can't stand playing at my local field any more. Now before you tell me to go to a new field it's the only paintball field in the area and my college student budget doesn't really allow me to drive an hour away to play elsewhere. But back to the field the owner is extremely rude, wont let people play on his actual woods course, and forces groups of 40 to play on a very small field that would be suited for about 20 players and not to mention it is one of the worst condition fields I've ever seen. The bunker orientation provides no cover and a ditch the runs through the field. Any suggestions or ideas of what to do. During the summer I'm in a big metropolitan area and there are plenty of fields but I have no clue what to do the rest of the year.
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2014, 05:31 PM #2
Schmidke

try and talk to a ref instead of the field owner and see if you can play on a different field. if that doesn't work I would try to get a few friends to carpool out to a better field that is actually FUN! no sense playing at a place that isn't fun and is impractical. or you can save all your money now and play a poopload in the summer when you can play at a nice field. or try and play outlaw ball but be safe and smart when doing so
Previous Markers : Spyder MR100, Spyder Fenix, Invert Mini V3, Tippmann A5, Dangerous Power G4, Planet Eclipse Geo Plus, Empire Sniper, Empire Axe, Ego 10, WGP Karnivor Pump, Darted Ego 11, CCM S6.
Schmidke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:57 PM #3
Southwoods
TSWRA

The refs are under total control of the owner it would be no use and I have thought about car pooling but I don't know anyone on campus that plays paintball enough to want to go out of town, everyone here just seems to deal with a crabby owner and a crappy field.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:28 PM #4
aclark364

aclark364 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Either have to talk the owner into opening the other fields or take your money elsewhere. Remember money talks.

Pump OT
aclark364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:03 PM #5
ixipaulixi

Annual Supporting Member
ixipaulixi is BST Trusted
If the field is terrible, and everyone knows it, then you should get to know some of the regulars, and if you feel comfortable go carpool with them somewhere else. That will be an eye opener to the field if all of the regulars abandon it.

Please note: I do not recommend carpooling/slugging unless you are comfortable with the people in the car.
ixipaulixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:08 PM #6
aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 is BST Trusted
aarospoon13 is playing at Living Legends VII
aarospoon13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Unfortunately if he's monopolized the paintball game out there then you're out of options besides finding another place. The carpool suggestion is a good one. Gas chip ins help a lot for things like that even if its $5 a head or something.
You can't make him not be a bad owner/operator so you have to take your business elsewhere as the consumer. I know its easier said than done so I'm truly sorry that it sucks but unless you can somehow get a vast majority of people to make a stand against the guy you're out of luck at that venue.

LOADOUT 1: Black 2014 Machine Vapor * Ninja 50/4500 * Machine Gear/Pinokio PL250/400 * Black/White Exalt accessories * Vforce Profiler/Sly Profits
Home Field: TXR Paintball
Everything a newbie needs to know - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3655911

WTT/WTS In Hydro 68/4500 W Ninja Reg and Exalt Cover
aarospoon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:29 PM #7
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Time to go outlaw.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:40 AM #8
Southwoods
TSWRA

I think some of my fraternity brothers and I will make the carpool trip to somewhere else, have thought about going outlaw a buddy of mine has a ranch not that far so thats a possibility.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:48 AM #9
VictorWTF
RED LETTERS

VictorWTF has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VictorWTF has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VictorWTF has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Don't look for paintball friends at campus, TALK TO PEOPLE AT THE FIELD or join a club. I JUST moved to New Zealand and even more recently moved into Christchurch 4 weeks ago. The first thing I did the day after I landed in Christchurch was head to the paintball field, and found a great paintball club on Facebook, instantly found my self with a weekly group of great guys to play with and we kick it outside of PB too.

Try that, talk to people at the field or join a club.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:02 AM #10
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

Victor has the right idea.

But what many people don't realize is a SCUBA tank and fill station will last you 3-5 cases of paint depending on the efficiency of your marker. Maybe more than that. Costs $5-$8 to fill. The air lasts me several days when I outlaw, because I am not one of those spray and pray players. More money can be used on paint, upgrades, and gear. The amount of paint you can use without breaking the bank is exponential compared to certified fields, and you have tons of room to practice.

Initially, you don't have to worry about overcrowding, and if you don't like the way your field is setup, you can just change it. Bring in the chainsaws and chop up downed trees to make bunkers. If you hide the field well, or find a land owner that doesn't care, it will last a long time. If there is a way to find a parking lot that is away from the main roads, it will last even longer. The key is never letting anyone know it is there, unless they want to paintball.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 10-31-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:28 AM #11
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is BST Trusted
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Off to help rebuild the field so it is playable.

Or stage a boycott.
REC BALL AND SCENARIO TEAM
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:13 AM #12
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorWTF View Post
Don't look for paintball friends at campus, TALK TO PEOPLE AT THE FIELD or join a club. I JUST moved to New Zealand and even more recently moved into Christchurch 4 weeks ago. The first thing I did the day after I landed in Christchurch was head to the paintball field, and found a great paintball club on Facebook, instantly found my self with a weekly group of great guys to play with and we kick it outside of PB too.

YOu have the right idea for sure
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:40 AM #13
Southwoods
TSWRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorWTF View Post

VictorWTF, Thanks for the advice, I honestly never really thought to talk to the players at the field. I feel pretty dumb right now. The last few times i played at the field most of the local players that are actually in to recreational paintball were kids in middle school and younger, while I have nothing against playing with them at the local field, I'm not going to befriend them and carpool to fields out of town. there were one or two pretty serious players i will try to find them and talk to them about possibly going to another field.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:49 PM #14
AHFellows
no stupid question? haha!

Annual Supporting Member
AHFellows is BST Trusted
AHFellows is playing at Living Legends VII
AHFellows owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AHFellows has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
AHFellows supports Empire
We have a field around here like that, 40 people on the same field, no where to move, pop your head up and you take 30 paintball at once from all directions. Boring slow waste of money, know your pain man.

I would say dont throw campus out the window, so as far as on campus goes, go to one of those boards you all have or a school forum and just shoot a post out or a phone/email for anyone who wants to give it a shot or plays. may get lucky. Other than that do what Victor said. I started going to a local field with a friend and would go by myself many days. Met a great guy there who is also on here who fixed my cocker we chat every few days now. Then met the nut job in the post up above with the creepy photo. then met a group of other guys. We all don't like the drama that comes with competitive paintball so we started a recall scenario team just for pure enjoyment. Some play pump, many of us still use classics and change it up when we have to.

and in regards to your post directly above, its probably because the owner is a dick and the rest of the players worth wile said screw it.Network man. Good luck dude !!

KCCO
AHFellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:49 PM #15
Quemiras

Quemiras has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quemiras has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quemiras supports DLX Technology
i guess you could always get a group together. play some outlaw ball. find a place out of the way and have safety rules.
VAPOR VANDETTA
Quemiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:35 PM #16
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Maybe it's the So Cal culture but I always have to laugh when someone says they don't want to drive an hour to get to a field/shop/event. My commute to work is 40 minutes and the nearest paintball park is 30 minutes away...there are three more within an hour. An hour drive for us is very common.

In your case though I see a few options that have been covered here.

Suck it up and drive the hour solo.
Find like minded players and carpool to the other field.
Find some players and do outlaw ball.
Suck it up and play at the local but sub-par field.

Figure out which option works best for you and go for it. I understand the issues with being a poor college student. I was there once myself. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice something to follow the plan you have for life.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:27 PM #17
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
i don't know if anyone suggested this but come in there to shoot a video of play there for a school project. then post the video to youtube with the poor conditions. everyone that plays there that day will look for the video. in turn the owner may see the video. make sure you show just how poor the situation is. maybe this being on the open forum of youtube will make him realize and change his way.
why would you build a field and not let anyone play on it. makes no sense money wise or business wise. maybe sneak out there on that field to see if he has a secret crop or something growing.
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote