Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-27-2017, 09:18 AM #1
RJPBaller

Laws in Mass

I am starting a club in my school and in order to do so i Massachusetts laws on it and i have been searching the wed for them and i am finding nothing. does anyone know a web sight that gives the specific laws on paintball?
RJPBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2017, 10:00 AM #2
minmin639
S a l t y

minmin639 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
minmin639 supports Ninja Paintball
In Mass, paintball is completely legal. However, you may not discharge the marker on public property or at non-playing individuals. Massachusetts has no laws on paintball in school clubs, but the school still has right to deny the club if they feel it is inappropriate. Discuss this in person with your school admins. Make sure they know you will never ever bring a paintball gun on the campus. If the admin understands that right off the bat, you will have a better chance at the club being approved. Refer the admin you're talking with to some local fields too in order to show how safe the sport really is.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:36 AM #3
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

has been a member for 10 years
I think you're more likely to find that there may be laws regarding the use of paintball guns in your local municipality or county, rather than the whole state. Example: here in PA there really are no state-wide laws regarding paintball, but there's several in Philadelphia (i.e., cannot shoot paintballs within 200' of a public road unless indoors, cannot shoot at non-participants, etc.) I'd check with the Sheriff's Office at your local courthouse.
Either way, I agree with Minmin, in today's climate the odds of a school sponsoring a paintball club is pretty slim... if for no other reason that the Administration probably won't hear anything you've got to say after they hear the word "gun."
Old 05-01-2017, 07:47 AM #4
minmin639
S a l t y

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
Administration probably won't hear anything you've got to say after they hear the word "gun."
A good way to avoid the whole marker vs gun vs firearm fiasco is to focus on speedball, where the markers used do not resemble actual real-steel firearms. If you show administrators any photos, try to avoid markers like the Alpha Black, Project Salvo, T15, TiPX, T8.1, TM15, etc.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:53 AM #5
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmin639 View Post
A good way to avoid the whole marker vs gun vs firearm fiasco is to focus on speedball, where the markers used do not resemble actual real-steel firearms. If you show administrators any photos, try to avoid markers like the Alpha Black, Project Salvo, T15, TiPX, T8.1, TM15, etc.
There are teachers and schools that get bent out-of-shape over a piece of paper that was torn - somewhat, sorta resembling the general shape on a gun. I gotta believe that even a speedball marker will send them into a frenzy.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:51 AM #6
minmin639
S a l t y

Quote:
There are teachers and schools that get bent out-of-shape over a piece of paper that was torn - somewhat, sorta resembling the general shape on a gun. I gotta believe that even a speedball marker will send them into a frenzy.
True. It's really a coin toss if the school officials will see through reason or not. Try your luck. The worst they can say is no.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:40 AM #7
bounces for the win

bounces for the win is playing at Living Legends IX
bounces for the win is playing at Living Legends X
bounces for the win plays in the APPA D5 division
I would definitely get used to using the word "marker" in school and while discussing this with admin. I would also suggest that it become the official word for any members of the club to use while representing the club or participating in club activities. You could even make it a rule if that will help ease concrens of the faculty at the school. and like minmin said, be sure to make it a rule and make it very clear that no members of the club bring any "markers" onto school property at any time. It would also help you to get the backing of a faculty member at the school that likes paintball or at least supports the idea. I tried this when I was in HS and we had the approval to try it but I couldn't stir up enough members for them to approve it. There were only like 4 of us and I think they wanted at least 10 or something stupid.
bounces for the win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:22 AM #8
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

I would also recommend exchanging the word "shot" for "eliminated." Such as:

"I shot the other player" ~ "I eliminated the other player"
Old 05-05-2017, 01:29 PM #9
minmin639
S a l t y

Just remember. Politics and paintball don't mix (unless it's a democrat vs republican scenario game )
Old 05-08-2017, 11:33 AM #10
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmin639 View Post
Just remember. Politics and paintball don't mix (unless it's a democrat vs republican scenario game )
The Democrat team wouldn't show-up. They'd send the police and personal bodyguards to play for them instead.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:14 AM #11
charlienop

charlienop owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
charlienop supports Ninja Paintball
I would look into other schools that have a similar program. Paintball is so small now you might have to do something like a district team. Groups of individuals from each nearby school to create a team. This is what we had to do for golf/bowling team when i was in high school because of such a low interest but we did indeed get it done.
charlienop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:42 AM #12
minmin639
S a l t y

Quote:
The Democrat team wouldn't show-up. They'd send the police and personal bodyguards to play for them instead.
LMAO!!!