Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-29-2016, 02:19 PM #1
twisted-leaf

Imma newby:help me out

In about 2 weeks I will be visiting a paintball park for the very first time. I did my research on the sport and I know I'll love it, looks like a lot of fun. With that being said I have a couple of questions I couldn't find the answers to. I purchased a Tippman Cronus for starters, and in this small sealed packet was a couple of tools for tightening screws, oil, a barrel cover, a squeegee and an o-ring. My questions are, what parts of the marker do I keep oiled ? and, is that just a spare o-ring or do I need to use it for something prior to me using the marker ? Anyone who can be helpful feel free to respond, all input will be greatly appreciated.
twisted-leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2016, 02:43 PM #2
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
The marker should be good to go out of the box. First thing you should do with any new marker is read through the manual.

I have included a link to the Tippmann forum. If you have questions after reading the manual, posting here would be more beneficial.

http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Have fun and enjoy your new marker!

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:04 PM #3
twisted-leaf

Thanks monkeyballer, will do. Appreciate the link also ??
twisted-leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:47 PM #4
Oldblindy680

Light coat of oil on the orings. Its a 98 custom basically. The work horse marker for about 20 years. Reliable and simple with easy maintenance. You should get a cheap allen key set in sae standard, have a rag to clean your mask/self and gun, bring the barrel squeegee, barrel bag and find a cool dish rag or equivalent to hang over your crotch. Get a neck protector. Gloves with finger protection are good too. Hurts getting shot in fingers. I got wells lamont gloves from walmart but mechanix mpact gloves will work.almost the same as mine. Ebay helps alot. You can wear a backwards baseball cap for your head to keep paint out of your hair and the brim covers your neck. Softens head hits some times. Keep the inside of your marker clean especially the barrel. You can bring a small travel spray water bottle to clean off your mask, barrel and gun since its not electric.
Depends on your situation but a fresh tshirt and possibly pants for the car ride home keeps paint off the seats. Or a beach towel. Have a gear bag to put everything back in to or carry on the field. Maybe backpack.

Every one here will help you be prepared and solve your problems as best they can. Hope this helps. Have fun
Oldblindy680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:34 AM #5
pumpndump

pumpndump has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pumpndump has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
usually what you can do to insure you get everything that needs to be lubed is put a couple drops of oil straight into the asa (the thing you screw the tank into) and then air it up and dry fire a few times. the extras that come with the gun are just replacement parts to in case anything breaks.

vsc phantom, palmers stabilizer
pumpndump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:10 PM #6
ncoco252

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpndump View Post
usually what you can do to insure you get everything that needs to be lubed is put a couple drops of oil straight into the asa (the thing you screw the tank into) and then air it up and dry fire a few times. the extras that come with the gun are just replacement parts to in case anything breaks.
This. I would do this after you clean up your gun a bit after playing, so when it's stored somewhere for a while the orings don't dry out.

I would do a full disassembly/cleaning/lube once or twice a year. It's easy after you've done it a couple times. Just follow a video on youtube and remember where the parts go.
ncoco252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:17 PM #7
pball68
Da Bomb!

has been a member for 10 years
pball68 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pball68 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pball68 supports Ninja Paintball
When I took my Uncle for the first time he bought the same marker that day. It ran pretty smooth. As for what to oil, I always refer to the manual. Odds on bet is to always lube moving parts.

As far as parts, those are just spares encase things break or wear-out. Nothing to worry about. Replace as needed.