Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-05-2001, 09:01 AM #1
chupcha

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation M98 configuration help....

Hey, whats up guys.
I wanted to buy an M98 really soon and need some advice. The paintballcity.com forums suck if you dont want to pay so i have to go around scavanging.

HEre is the Parts i picked out for the gun...

Tippmann Custom 98 Semi Auto. Black
Tippmann Model 98. Flatline Barrel System
Rhino dlx with 2 100 round tubes
20 Ounce Complete Chrome Moly complete with pin valve
CMI *thin Hose* Coil Hose, Qk Dsct & Fill Adpt

That all comes out to 300$ with S&H.

Is that good enough, should i get something else, am i missing something, suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
Chupcha
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2001, 03:03 PM #2
Fratboyjesus
^From Conan O'Brien^

Looks like great start to me. Im one of the few who will be glad youre not going overboard from the start with all the possible gadgets and gizmos you can slap on it. With the cash you have left over after buying that setup go out and play a few games and see how you like it before you go nuts with the upgrade bug. One other thing though.....im not sure if this is your first gun or not or whether it will be your first time playing, but i would definately invest in my own thermal mask if you dont already have one (i reccomend JT Specta, plus there cheap right now at paintballgear.com).
Old 07-05-2001, 03:23 PM #3
Crisfofusu
"Crackhead"

That package sounds great but personally I would scrap the flatline and get the RT kit... you'll have a lot more fun with the RT IMHO...

It's not what you shoot, it's what you hit.

CountyPaintball - PaintballKingdom - G3PB
Old 07-05-2001, 06:06 PM #4
xvmdgvx

yeah, i wouldnt go with the flatline barrel, to me its not all that great. but you should buy another barrel such as a lapco bigshot or a smart parts tear drop for only 50$, then save another 50$ or so and get the RT. but dont get the rt unless you have a new barrel, the stock tippmann barrel breaks a lot of balls and is pretty much useless.
Old 07-05-2001, 06:47 PM #5
98customman
go bunker someone

12vt revvy, get a model 98 expansion kit at pbgear.com (becuase model 98's need an adapter) for a barrel go with a boomie over a flatline (i have shot both the boomie is the best
48 CU 3000 PSI Pure Energy
10" CP
STO ram- Bullet 3-way- Palmer Micro rock reg.
Old 07-05-2001, 07:16 PM #6
xvmdgvx

boomie meaning boomstick? boomsticks are not worth the $100+. for a model 98 the bigshot works way better and is half the price. and if you want to buy a boomstick because or the name and its made by DYE, go with the dye ultralite, same form as the boomstick and like 2 times as light, and a lower price, but bigshots and teardrops still are better in acuracy and ball breaks.
Old 07-05-2001, 10:12 PM #7
Moe21
West Nile ?

RT kit

WHen you have a RT KIT you DEFIANTLY need a revolution hopper
to feed the balls fast enough otherwise yer gonna brake all yer ball and shoot out air...

Later,
Old 07-06-2001, 08:03 AM #8
chupcha

I dont think im going to need an RT kit, im not that kind of guy that shoots 4000 balls a game. Im good with 400 - 500 balls. I usually shoot only when i have a good chance of hitting the guy.

Thanks,
What else do you recommend?
Old 07-06-2001, 11:37 AM #9
98customman
go bunker someone

you have to get a aftermarket barrel its a must either a CP or i have heard the lapcos are good
48 CU 3000 PSI Pure Energy
10" CP
STO ram- Bullet 3-way- Palmer Micro rock reg.
Old 07-06-2001, 12:48 PM #10
Crisfofusu
"Crackhead"

Having the RT doesnt automatically make you a "sprayer" but what it does is give you the firepower to compete with other guys if the need or situation arises. I have the RT kit and I used its functionality a couple of times but I still dont automatically spray when I shoot it.

As for barrels, I am pretty much married to my 12" J&J Ceramic. Give it a hard look when deciding on an aftermarket barrel.

Oh, and I wouldn't spend $100+ dollars on a barrel either it being a flatline or a boomie... I think its a waste of money especially when your gun costs $125 stock. I spent $45 on my ceramic and it does three things - 1) quiets the gun, 2) makes the 98 very accurate, and 3) its a very light barrel.

It's not what you shoot, it's what you hit.

CountyPaintball - PaintballKingdom - G3PB
Old 07-06-2001, 03:50 PM #11
xvmdgvx

actually, i dont care much for j&j barrels, but i got somthing in the mail yesterday from 888paintball.com saying they are selling the j&j ceramic for only $28.88.....so you should check that out if you want. i would actually go with a teardrop or a lapco over the j&j, but its your choice