PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-04-2001, 11:44 PM #1
WhatsPaintball?

has been a member for 10 years
Talking convince me to pay 1250$$

are they worth it? the excals? Will my mom say, "your one dumb %&#*, get a life!" after I get this gun? Heh...
Oh and where is the cheapest place to get one? I dont wanna pay 1250 for it....
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2001, 11:53 PM #2
TheFreak
sUbLiMe

bbtpaintball has them for 1100 I think, and say that after 25 years it will pay for itself with the air you save.
Old 07-05-2001, 12:15 AM #3
ScJaxx
Syn of God

it would save me 6 bucks everytime i play and thats about 35 - 40 times a year
35 x 6 = 210
1200 % 210 = 5.6ish
so in 5 and a half years ill pay it off.
thats theoritcally, i cant play 35 times a year during college so oh well. Va Tech has a paintball team, so maybe i will stay play a good amount.
...You just have to operate with that knowledge always in the forefront of your mind. It doesn't matter if my dreams come true, or yours, either. I just do the best I can for myself and others who cross my path. I endeavor to make everyone know, every day they see me, that I am the REAL DEAL. I say what I mean, I mean what I say, I don't sell out, and I say what needs to be said, no matter how difficult. Sometimes I pay the price, but of all the rotten, lousy, evil, mean, or dispirited things you might hear about me, never will you ever hear anyone say, "He lied to me" or "He can't be trusted" or "He has ulterior motives" or "He's misrepresents himself". I'm proud of that, and that's what you should aspire to for yourself.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:54 AM #4
SenorFartman

www.compulsivepaintball.com bbt rarely has them in stock and even then you don't always know which one you're getting
Old 07-05-2001, 11:47 AM #5
Yochinaman
Gun Gigolo

Yochinaman is a founding member
Alright, here's the dilly-o on the price thing. If you're even considering an angel then the excal is in the same price range. It's expensive, but so is an angel. Like the FartMan says, www.compulsivepaintball.com can get you like $100 off MSRP.

Yochi.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:24 PM #6
ScJaxx
Syn of God

why would your mom say get a life?
...You just have to operate with that knowledge always in the forefront of your mind. It doesn't matter if my dreams come true, or yours, either. I just do the best I can for myself and others who cross my path. I endeavor to make everyone know, every day they see me, that I am the REAL DEAL. I say what I mean, I mean what I say, I don't sell out, and I say what needs to be said, no matter how difficult. Sometimes I pay the price, but of all the rotten, lousy, evil, mean, or dispirited things you might hear about me, never will you ever hear anyone say, "He lied to me" or "He can't be trusted" or "He has ulterior motives" or "He's misrepresents himself". I'm proud of that, and that's what you should aspire to for yourself.
Old 07-05-2001, 11:22 PM #7
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Vagabond Soldier is a Supporting Member
Heck my mom said I should get a life when I started playing but then she realized that I did and left it alone. I think your first problem is to justify a gun of this caliber weather it is the excal or any of the other +$1000 guns. If you can justify that then it is just a matter of getting which one is best for you. As for which one is better, look at some of the other posts, I think just about every +$1000 gun has been compaired here to the excal.

ESSAYONS

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said 'Here I am, send me.'" Isaiah 6:8
Old 07-06-2001, 12:06 AM #8
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
To help you out. If you see a place with a posted price that is out of stock when you call, use price-matching. Alot of internet stores offer price matching, and if there's a posted price like bbt or somewhere, have someone who has them in stock price match it. My favorite place is www.copaintball.com, they have a great store and everything ships really quick. Good luck.
Old 07-06-2001, 01:09 AM #9
daves567

hey

dude if i was u i would defintely go with an agel if iwas u cause they are in the same price range and the look hell of alot better and it is a LCD.
Old 07-06-2001, 07:29 AM #10
Rizzo
Yep.

So, you are suggesting an Angel just because "...they look a hell of a lot better and it is a LCD"? That would be like suggesting a moldy piece of bread over a fresh piece just because the moldy piece is more colorful and has spores.

Yes, the Excalibur is well worth the $1250.

Here is some information about the Excalibur:

How consistent is the Excalibur?
-If you go to www.akalmp.com and check out the Excalibur page there is a video of it being shot over the chrono. It will show you that the consistency is very good, it most always has +/- 1-2 fps variations.

How efficient is the Excalibur?
-I have gotten 2000 rounds out of 3000 or so psi on an 88 ci tank. I have been told that you can get about 1500 or so shots out of a 45 ci 4500 psi tank. Any way it goes, expect to get massive shots out of it.

What pressure does the Excalibur run at?
-The LPR is set to 90 psi from AKA, but it can be lowered after the regs have been broken in. I currently have mine set at 50 psi. This low pressure lowers the chance of chopping a ball. I have gone 9 1/2 cases without a barrel break, and 10 1/2 without a chopped ball.
-The HPR is usually set at 180 or so psi to attain 285 fps. After the reg is broken in, you might be able to lower it. I have mine set at 160 psi, shooting 285-290 fps.

Is the Excalibur a quality gun?
-Unlike other gun manufacturers, AKA took the time to perfect the Excalibur as much as possible before they released it to the public. Instead of selling a great number of guns and having to update them and fix them, they released a limited number of them and made the proper modifications to the current versions before they released them to the whole public.
-There is a lifetime warranty on all AKA manufactured parts.
-There is the manufacturer's warranty on all non-AKA manufactured parts.

What kind of gas does the Excalibur run on?
-It is able to be run on Nitrogen, Compressed Air, or CO2 (it is recommended that when using CO2 an anti-siphon tube is installed and a Female Palmer's Stabilizer is used in additon to the Sidewinder).

Where can I find aftermarket barrels for the Excalibur?
-It uses standard Autococker threaded barrels, which can be found at most any shop.

When I buy an Excalibur, what all do I recieve?
-Included with the Excalibur is a Warrior Sports gun bag. The bag has 3 barrel slots on one side and a pocket on the other side. The Javelin is put into one of the slots, and the AKA Barrel Kozie and Excalibur Manual (on a 3.5" floppy disk) are put into the pocket on the opposite side.

How much does an Excalibur cost?
-You have your choice of a single or double trigger when ordering your gun, at no additonal cost. This option is not guaranteed by all shops, and you might be limited to what they have in stock.
-You have your choice of a low or high rise feed when ordering your gun, at no additonal cost. This option is not guaranteed by all shops, and you might be limited to what they have in stock.
-You have your choice of an un-milled or a milled version when ordering your gun. This option is not guaranteed by all shops, and you might be limited to what they have in stock. There is an additional charge for the milled version.
-MSRP for un-milled is $1275, milled is $1350.

What kind of battery does the Excalibur use?
-The Excalibur operates off of a standard 9-volt battery.

As you can see, it is a very good gun. There is more information that I did not include, if you would like further information just let me know.

Rizzo

Visit [link=jump.to/teamwiseguys]Team Wiseguys[/link], the 2000 ICC/NAAPSA State Novice Champions.
E-Mail me at nvoils@indy.net
[link=www.akalmp.com]AKALMP, inc.[/link] Factory Certified Technician

Proudly Sponsored By:

AKALMP, inc.
Allen Paintball Products, APP
Animal Paintball
Gator Joe's Paintball
Paintball Fun
Paintball News
PaintballStickers.com
Unique Pro Gear
Old 07-06-2001, 10:19 AM #11
JJ Slim
Banned

Well put.

After playing with an angel LCD for over a year and loving every minute of it, I decided to try an Excalibur. I tried a friends out and was very impressed. I ordered mine yesterday...I should recieve it Tuesday. I can't wait. I'll let you know how I like it after a full day of play.

~JJ Slim
Old 07-07-2001, 12:14 AM #12
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Vagabond Soldier is a Supporting Member
Re: hey

Quote:
Originally posted by daves567
dude if i was u i would defintely go with an agel if iwas u cause they are in the same price range and the look hell of alot better and it is a LCD.
That's funny. There both three tube design, hence they look very much alike, and when did an LCD screen matter. Oh and an Angel is not an LCD, it has a LCD screen in the handle and that is not all of the Angels.

OH HUM, I better stop now.

ESSAYONS

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said 'Here I am, send me.'" Isaiah 6:8
Old 07-07-2001, 01:40 AM #13
WhatsPaintball?

great!

Thanks guys! But I just got my proteus back from JT, damn...hard as a rock!
Old 07-07-2001, 03:53 PM #14
99cockerlover
uh yea sure i guess

I got another reason for ya

The excals bolt stops on your finger. That's how low psi they run at. Kinda of like kissin the ball when the excal shoots. I've shot em and man they rock. I'm goin up to order mine in 3 days. Can't wait.
Old 07-07-2001, 04:25 PM #15
grinch
here we go........

just to remind everyone...the havocs are coming soon..heheheheheheheheheh
balling is our biss!