PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-12-2005, 11:54 AM #1
amcfall

has been a member for 10 years
Assault 80 dwell range

Anyone know what the dwell range is on the old A80 board, or what the fixed dwell is on the new board? It would save me a little time......

Also,,, anyone know what LPR pressure they usually need to fire the gun with dwell all the way down and the pressure at about 150? Or even with the dwell turned up?

Just finished shooting my friends with my spool and spool housing in it, and a cocker LPR / Rainmaker solenoid all shoved in the back of the tube (solenoid directly driving spool). Right now it's just "proof of concept" but it seems to be working pretty well, it needs to be cleaned up a bit though.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2005, 12:15 PM #2
Stray Bullet

Stray Bullet is a Supporting Member
Cool....
Another one of my ideas...
I'm glad someone is doing it.
On another note Chris at WMP told me that the solenoid wouldn't hold up to the punishment. That's the reason for the front block.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:18 PM #3
amcfall

Hmmm... Wouldn't hold up to the punishment, huh? I figured flow was the reason, since the air piloted flows very well. I don't see how it's any harder on the solenoid, but I got it cheap enough that I'm not worried about it.....
Old 01-12-2005, 12:24 PM #4
Stray Bullet

Hey, you want to start the "Advanced Assault Project."
I have several ideas that I can't do myself and we could collaborate. You've already done the solenod idea and I'm really wondering if the report, gas efficiency or velocity changed. Reason I didn't want to try it was that my Rainmaker works fine and I don't want to trash it.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:32 PM #5
amcfall

Actually, this is the proof of concept for an idea of building my own assault based marker. Smaller tube, LPR up front, solenoid in back, lightweight and small. I hope :-). But making the spool housding was a PITA on my crappy little $300 lathe.

It's kinda hard to gauge the performance change since I've changed so many things - the only stock innards are the bolt and spring. But without the front block it makes it that much more simple.....

I'll be working on it this week (probably take alittle vacation time), if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Oh yeah, if I get the proto working you can check it out if you want.

Avery
Old 01-12-2005, 12:38 PM #6
Stray Bullet

Cool, I have a Taig and it's pretty nice. But the big stuff is a PITA. What have you done to the spool body?
Old 01-12-2005, 12:49 PM #7
amcfall

I've heard the Taigs are pretty nice, I just have the cheap Siege 7x12 from Homier. I also have the cheap $400 mill they make, useful but surely not very rigid. Darn thing loves to chatter.

The current spool housing isn't very different, I just didn't want to start drilling holes in the stock one so I made one that I could mangle. Doubled the number of inlet holes and thinned it to provide a larger air reservoir and an (ever so slightly) shorter air path.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:09 AM #8
Stray Bullet

Sounds like what Kirk did to his. The Taig is nice. I can usually get within +/- .001 of what I want on my final pass if my bits are sharp.