Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-04-2001, 02:52 PM #1
Blackkatt

Blackkatt is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Excal Shootdown??

When I was playing over the weekend I noticed my Excal shooting down. If I shot just once or twice every thing would be alright, but if I tried to rip off a long string, the balls would start to drop after the first few shots. After I was done playing for the day I forgot to turn off the gun and the next morning the battery was dead. So could it have been a weak battery causing it to shootdown? Also I was not getting very good gas efficiency that day. I have been wanting to call AKALMP this week, but just have not been able to.
Ebay Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2001, 03:15 PM #2
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Ri0T is a founding member
hmm... well.. don't know much about excaliburs.. but based on the design.. a low battery could be able to cause that... I know with an ANgel, the dwell being off can cause this.. maybw the valve isn't staying open long enough? or either the LPR is recharging slow, maybe too low? I know all of these would explain it on an Angel, so try those, if you can and nobody gives you a better answer, I'm just guessing as to what could cause that.
Old 07-04-2001, 05:07 PM #3
blake

Change the battery and run some oil through the gun.

I had a day where the velocity was 30fps lower than usual. Changing the battery took care of that.

Inconsistent velocity or shootdown may be caused by the LPR not being well oiled.

Be sure you feed at least 400psi into the Sidewinder reg. If you have your HPA tank's reg set too low, you can starve out under heavy shooting. Also, make sure you are getting clean HPA fills.
Old 07-05-2001, 02:08 AM #4
BM2K MaYhEm

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!!!!!! oh god dont say another word!!!! Oh the shock and pain of the excalibur shooting down! ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo!
Yes I spent a lot of money on my CUSTOM BM2K. and yes I shoot faster and more accurate than you and your spyder! and yes if you complaine because you suck and cant admit my gun has nothing to do with the fact that your ******* got hit and you made a mistake. Me and my BM2K will hunt you down not once, but many times!

Custom Milled BM2K
Dynaflow 68/45

Hey Lost Souls you Guys Kick ***!

"The sun is gone but I have a Light".
R.I.P Kurt D. Cobain 1967-1994 We love you Kurt thanx!

LONG LIVE NAPSTER!

THE ATARIES KICK ***!
"IM gonna have a teenage riot its gonna start today."

You laugh because im different, I laugh because your all the same!

Paintball is only "extreme" because nobody else does it. That has to change.
Old 07-06-2001, 12:56 AM #5
ScJaxx
Syn of God

was that really necesary? wait maybe it was
not im gonna cry myself to sleep
...You just have to operate with that knowledge always in the forefront of your mind. It doesn't matter if my dreams come true, or yours, either. I just do the best I can for myself and others who cross my path. I endeavor to make everyone know, every day they see me, that I am the REAL DEAL. I say what I mean, I mean what I say, I don't sell out, and I say what needs to be said, no matter how difficult. Sometimes I pay the price, but of all the rotten, lousy, evil, mean, or dispirited things you might hear about me, never will you ever hear anyone say, "He lied to me" or "He can't be trusted" or "He has ulterior motives" or "He's misrepresents himself". I'm proud of that, and that's what you should aspire to for yourself.
Old 07-06-2001, 01:13 AM #6
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
My best guess would be the LPR, make sure it's not set improperly. You are obviously starving your Excal in one way or another. Make sure the output on your air system is set right, if it's not a really high-flow system, crank up the output, anywhere up to 850psi shouldn't hurt the Sidewinder and still get good performance. If no of that solves it then I'd send it to AKA. Good Luck
Old 07-06-2001, 01:36 AM #7
Blackkatt

Blackkatt is a Supporting Member
Actually I finally had a chance to call AKA today. They thought that it could have been a weak battery causing it. I know that a weak battery really messes up my shocker, but I did not think of that while I was playing that day. They also said that if it was not the battery it was either the Sidewinder or a solenoid valve was going bad, and to send it back to them to have a look at it.
Ebay Feedback
Old 07-07-2001, 05:15 PM #8
grinch
here we go........

well I have had a few problems like this..
1# change the battery
2# check the nitro system..yah I know but the last time this happend the nitro system was out of wack the gas flow was all over the map.
3# check the sidewinder...alot of people somtimes over crank these and the brass disk on the bottom of the reg breaks and it starts to really get screwy and do wierd things..mostly its the batteries that make the ecxali,s go out of wack.
the most ive had happen when my old silonoid blew it just leaked a little.
order a large pizza and and some beer...if it still appears to have drop off then drink more beer that should solve the problem.
balling is our biss!