Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-06-2002, 04:50 PM #1
devildog4
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
checkit trigger for compact

I haven't got a chance to use my compact yet but am going to after this post. Anyway I noticed there is alot of play in the trigger similar to a spyder flash. Alot of slack before it pushes against the button. Now what I want to know is if anyone has used a checkit trigger on it because I'm not sure if the set screw is long enough to take up so much slack?
N2 ExTrEmE 5man Nepl, Pnl
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2002, 05:11 PM #2
cohiba
decrepit perpetual noobie

I think it would work. My main concern would be if the set screw would eventually wear a hole in the plastic grip frame.
Blue Black Dragun #1: Freak with 12" Black TD, AA Vigilante, Snap-Back N-Bolt, Taso Turbo Valve & Pin, Maddman Springs, Bob Long LP VA + LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico 2K, ShockTech DF, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover

Blue Black Dragun #2: Black CP 10", MACDev Gladiator, 32 Deg Turbo Valve, ShockTech Delrin Bolt, ShockTech LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico Shell, KAPP DoveTail DZ, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover
Black Dragun FAQ
Old 04-06-2002, 07:33 PM #3
speedguns

Devildog4,

Yes the screw is plenty long enough to shorten the trigger to almost nothing with threads to spare.

Cohiba,

Nah, almost no wear whatsoever will be caused to the frame. Not enough pressure from the microswitch.

Speed
Old 04-06-2002, 08:48 PM #4
devildog4
Awaiting Email Confirmation

ok thanks just wanted to check to make sure it would work. I didn't want to get a part that was useless. I just was wondering because there is a considerable more amount of space between the bd compact and the standard bd.
N2 ExTrEmE 5man Nepl, Pnl
Old 04-07-2002, 11:13 AM #5
time2kil
futbol ftw

there's a set screw in the flash grip frame, so you can have the trigger sitting on the button, just a heads up.

there is no slack or side to side in mine, i'll get a pic..it's quite....well...there's really not much to it...
Old 04-07-2002, 08:08 PM #6
speedguns

The tirgger does fit compacts and no wear issues.
Old 04-08-2002, 05:29 PM #7
cohiba
decrepit perpetual noobie

Yeah, I didn't think so, but having never seen one, I just didn't know how soft the composite frame is.
Blue Black Dragun #1: Freak with 12" Black TD, AA Vigilante, Snap-Back N-Bolt, Taso Turbo Valve & Pin, Maddman Springs, Bob Long LP VA + LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico 2K, ShockTech DF, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover

Blue Black Dragun #2: Black CP 10", MACDev Gladiator, 32 Deg Turbo Valve, ShockTech Delrin Bolt, ShockTech LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico Shell, KAPP DoveTail DZ, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover
Black Dragun FAQ