PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-15-2005, 07:06 PM #43
Spartacus
Dead Man Walking

Spartacus is a Supporting Member
Also, does anyone know where I can find more info on the OTHER markers Diablo has in the works? I can't even find info on the Reaper, let alone the guns that aren't released yet. I'm a little curious to see what they look like and how they compare to Odyssey's lineup... Thanks!

Feedback/Contact

Wrath Legion Silver Division Special Forces PsyOps
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2005, 07:36 PM #44
DarkSideXIII
Snausages

ya id like to see the goose x and pro x
Rock is life
ST=Retards with Matches. go burn

Musician? Music Fan? Music Nation. www.musicnation.cjb.net[
Old 02-15-2005, 10:19 PM #45
hoody

Ion or wrath ???????

I'm debating on buying either a ion or a wrath. SO I need some imput . I have heard good and bad from both.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:32 PM #46
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

hoody, both guns are brand-spanking-new, so it will be a while before you get reliable info or reviews on either one. Be patient and keep your eyes open.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:07 AM #47
Spartacus
Dead Man Walking

Hoody, a lot of it is going to be just personal preference. If you plan on using CO2, I'd go with the Wrath. The Ion is definitley a more unique looking gun (until everyone gets one), but with the lack of LCD screen and not being field strippable, it definitley has some drawbacks in my mind. But it is a spool valve operated gun, so it has some distinct advantages (depending on how you look at it) as well. Some say the Ion will kick less because of its operation. I don't know about that, but I'm not an expert. The mass of the ram and bolt is what produces kick, not how they are moved around in the tube, whether by spring or air, so I don't know if that arguement has any ground to stand on or not. Basically, look at both gun's specs CLOSELY, look at the prices, look to see how much you will have to spend on each to get them upgraded to the level you want, and see which one you think will fit your playing style and preferences best. Both markers will be pretty good most likely, just don't listen to all the hype about either one. Trust me, the Ion is NOT as revolutionary as the Smart Parts advocates would have you believe, but it is a good gun (on paper), as is the Wrath. Only time will tell if either gun can deliver. As for me, I just bought a Wrath for $225 and I can't wait to see it on my doorstep. So I will take my time to get to know the marker and then post my thoughts about it on pbreview.com. This whole hype about a $300 gun whooping $1500 guns is a nonissue and certainly didn't start with the Ion. I own a Dragun T1 and have taken MUCH crap from other pballers with expensive guns dogging my little Dragun. And many others who thought that the T1 was a legitimate high end marker. If anyone started the whole "the cheapest high end marker" deal it was probably Dragun, but may have even began before that. So in short, the Ion is not a turning point in paintball history, just another milestone in a long list of milestones. SP just has the money and influence to make a big bang, unlike Dragun. Have I belabored this point long enough? Good.

Feedback/Contact

Old 02-16-2005, 11:07 PM #48
coolblondeguy14
X DM4 owner

wrath.. imo... looks better, and both have metal bolts...
Old 02-17-2005, 07:21 AM #49
pro_balla70462

has been a member for 10 years
pro_balla70462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
shot the ion, kicks the same as an O3, which will be the same kick as a Wrath being they are pretty much the same gun... ion is nothing but hype.... get an O3 and a tboard for it... or get a wrath

Delrin bolts will be released for the O3 in a few weeks
Old 02-17-2005, 08:05 AM #50
coolblondeguy14
X DM4 owner

dont get an o3 and t board unless u already have one, the wrath will save you 200 bucks
Old 02-17-2005, 12:21 PM #51
pbhoowah
The Shank

yeah, I went and shot the Wrath this last weekend and it was great. The grips weren't the most comfortable but the feedneck was awesome. I didn't shoot over a chrono but I thought consistancy wasn't bad. The eyes were great as I was outshooting the diablo TSA I was using and didn't chop or have any breaks out of 200rds.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:07 PM #52
pro_balla70462

Quote:
Originally posted by coolblondeguy14
dont get an o3 and t board unless u already have one, the wrath will save you 200 bucks
200 bucks? they are practically the same price, and a tboard is only $50... with the tboard u will be able to upgrade to ramping, nxl mods, etc...

dont be so ignorant
Old 02-17-2005, 03:30 PM #53
jjdustr340
My son will bunker you.

jjdustr340 is a Moderator
jjdustr340 is a Supporting Member
jjdustr340 posts videos on PbNation
jjdustr340 supports our troops
jjdustr340 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jjdustr340 is Legendary
http://www.discountpaintball.com/pro...oducts_id=1271

http://www.discountpaintball.com/pro...oducts_id=1733

Those don't appear to be the same price to me, but maybe I'm retarded or something. Then add another $75 (55 for T-board w/o eyes+10 for eyes+10 for shipping). I think someone owes coolblondeguy an apology for calling him ignorant!
Old 02-17-2005, 04:02 PM #54
pro_balla70462

that would be bc u are purchasing from a gay store who hasnt updated that part of the site in about 10 years.. they dont even sell Odyssey products anymore... go to the Odyssey section and ask how much an Odyssey O3e costs... ur gonna get a response of under 300...
so honestly, ur the ignorant one
Old 02-17-2005, 04:15 PM #55
Spartacus
Dead Man Walking

I guess I'm pretty ignorant as well, I haven't found any website that sells an O3e for less than $400. Pro_balla, enlighten us ignorant folk please!

Feedback/Contact

Old 02-17-2005, 04:18 PM #56
pro_balla70462

they arent made anymore.... Odyssey now only makes the O3x, but u can find O3e's nib on ebay sometimes... and u can find them used for as low as 230, bc all the hyped kids going for the ion
Old 02-17-2005, 04:23 PM #57
jjdustr340
My son will bunker you.

jjdustr340 is Legendary
So what about these 2-->

http://www.paintball-expert.com/cate...ssey%20Markers

http://www.paintballadrenaline.com/v...cat=710&page=1

I suppose they're gay and not updated too, huh?
Even at the lower price of the second link, that's still about $80 higher than the Wrath can be bought for. Then add the T-board as described earlier and that makes........$155 more for the O3. So coolblondeguy was still pretty close in making his point. Really. pro_balla, do us and yourself a favor and think about what you're going to say before calling others ignorant. Now, I'd like an apology too for calling me ignorant as well as coolblondeguy! Have a nice day.

Last edited by jjdustr340 : 02-17-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:57 PM #58
pro_balla70462

both of those sites are WAY out of date, come on, the first one has an O3m for 350, when a month ago they were going for 130 due to being discontinued....
ur still ignorant
Old 02-17-2005, 05:06 PM #59
jjdustr340
My son will bunker you.

jjdustr340 is Legendary
Ok, tell ya what...how about you show me a link to someone selling it NEW for anywhere near the price of a new Wrath. Even if you can produce a link with a price close to the Wrath, there's still the additional $75 for the T-board. Also, I believe the O3 had a bouncebean eye so you would have to send it to an airsmith to have it drilled to install the breakbeams. There goes another $50. So I'll wait for you to prove me to be ignorant, I'd love to see ya do it.

P.S--- The "ignorant" comments are really mature for a 17yr old. Kinda remind me of the 6 year old who keeps saying" I know you are, but what am I?" Grow up a little, you're almost legally an adult.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:12 PM #60
pro_balla70462

well to tell u the truth man, I was about to say this has gone far enough, cuz I agree, I have been a little immature... you dont need to tell me, nor can you... I am 18... I know when I can be immature...

like I said earlier, the O3e is NOT produced any longer, I dont know how many times I have to say it... and being Magik wont give Odyssey a bst... I cant show u a cheap used one back to back, but take it from someone who has owned an O3 since they was produced, a total of 3...

an O3, with a tboard is VERY nice... a wrath is capped at 20, I can drill and tap for breaks, very simple... An o3 is capped at 30 stock and 36 with tboard... the only reason I reccomend a tboard is bc with a tboard, u can upgrade to ramping and all the other cheater modes... thats simply my opinion... being I play xball here and there...

the part that ticked me off is that yall are not listening to me, and yall are taking it for granted that a wrath cant be beat by an O3, but

wrath with all ups out there VS O3 with all its ups
O3 will come out ahead...

oh and btw, u might wanna keep it down about the O3 "sucking" bc a wrath was modled after the O3... the only thing the wrath has on it is breaks... which is cure when the O3 has a tboard...
O3 stock has a way better board, grips, and the O3 wil have a delrin bolt out in about 2 weeks

Last edited by pro_balla70462 : 02-17-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:25 PM #61
jjdustr340
My son will bunker you.

jjdustr340 is Legendary
Well, that sounds close enough to an apology for me! I thought you were 17 b/c thats what it says on your website...could be kinda dated though. You are aware though that the Wrath and O3 are nearly identical markers? So I don't fully understand your comment on an upped O3 besting an upped Wrath. The Wrath is a new marker and there are hardly any upgrades for it...yet. As is evident in my sig though, I've never really been a believer in one marker being vastly superior to another. "It's the man who makes the marker." A newbie team to this sport with DM5's is still gonna get waxed by Dynasty even if they're shooting Trracer pumps. My problem with what you said was calling someone ignorant when in fact what they said was based in fact. Yes, a USED O3 can be bought for about the same price as a Wrath, but why buy used when you can have new?

No hard feelings, and happy paintballing to ya!
Old 02-17-2005, 05:49 PM #62
coolblondeguy14
X DM4 owner

im not gunna read all of that, but i guess im ignorant.... o3e's are 290+65 for t board..... plus the other guns have inlines
Old 02-17-2005, 09:58 PM #63
pro_balla70462

well what Im trying to say is, an O3 with a tboard will give u a better performance shooting wise for the price... I agree completely about the player winning a game and not the gun. Ive actually been trying to keep that in everyones head as they are dropping trixes and other higher end guns for IONS!.. personally, Ions are all hype, IMO