PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-07-2005, 05:41 AM #1
pbmongoose
Mongoose

New DIablo Guns

If u go to diablodirect.cvom they have 2 new guns and a few drawings of guns coming out, most are closed bolt and more upgraded markers, they just look pretty cool, not out yet i dont think, just wondered what you gouys thought?
Evil Detonator--Black, Empire On/Off-- Silver , Maddman Rocket Valve , Shocktech Drop Forward- Black , CIP 15* Assault Block- w/ SP Guage, Macdev Legion Air HP 71/45
Coming Soon: Scepter Kit
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2005, 01:22 PM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Wow, good find, and some interesting guns. A lot of these are obviously re-badged Odyssey guns, the X and Pro-X are Torrid/TES based, and the Vendetta is an O3M. The Slayer is probably an O2.

More interesting are. the Wrath and Reaper guns. These are derrived from the Odysey O2, but with a brand new body style. You can clearly see the blow-back type solenoid through the Wrath's clear grip, which probably drives a micro 3-way as on the O2. Same deal with the Reaper I would imagine, especially since it has O2 regulators. Beautiful guns, IMO, particularly the Wrath.

BTW, does anyone else think the Diablo gun logo looks suspiciously like the Warped Sportz logo?
Old 01-07-2005, 01:24 PM #3
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Oh, and something tells me this eBay auction has something to do with all this. Could this "prototype" a mock-up for the Vengeance?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6224 914&rd=1
Old 01-07-2005, 01:51 PM #4
ShutterShooter

has been a member for 10 years
All these guns are made in Taiwan, so the companies there are coping each other, using the same suppliers for the parts or the American based companies are contacting the outscourced manufacturs for the guns.

It's like Dragun had their Taiwanese supplier/producer, but when they joined with Odyssey, Odyssey ended up using the same supplier/producer after the break up, that's why Dragun and Odyssey sell the same things. Now Diablo probably got in contact witht he same people and is now buying and selling the guns under their name as well.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:57 PM #5
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

You know, Shutter, I've always suspected that among all the dozens upon dozens of American companies that sell Spyder clones and the like, they all probably contract the same three of four factories in Taiwan to do all their manufacturing. You have to wonder why none of the Stateside companies have been able to write up some sort of exclusivity deal, if not on the machines, at least on their own product line. It would be interesting to see all the weird Spyder-based guns are built over there but never end up leaving Taiwan.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:07 PM #6
pro_balla70462

pro_balla70462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IM sure you are right about the tairwan industries being copied for American guns...

Wrath is def the O3 ripoff...
Vendetta will not be produced, this I can garuntee, and if does make it to market, it wont for long, as WGP will sure the hell out of them... bad move....
Slayer wont be produced as it is an EXACT copy of the O2, that wont last very long, especially if it uses the same solenoid, as Odyssey has a patent on their O2 solenoid....
Reaper is an O2 ripoff also...
Dont expect the ProX or X to ever hit market due to they are exactly like the Torid and torid X...

The only way I see some of these guns making it to market is if Odyssey and Diablo Merged...
Old 01-07-2005, 02:20 PM #7
pbmongoose
Mongoose

ya just wanted to see ur thoughts they all looked like clones of other things, SPYDER CLONE CLONES!!!
Evil Detonator--Black, Empire On/Off-- Silver , Maddman Rocket Valve , Shocktech Drop Forward- Black , CIP 15* Assault Block- w/ SP Guage, Macdev Legion Air HP 71/45
Coming Soon: Scepter Kit
Old 01-07-2005, 02:53 PM #8
coolblondeguy14
X DM4 owner

id have to say the wrath is my favorite, because of the inline regulator. are those spyder grips.. i have to go check......
Old 01-07-2005, 02:58 PM #9
G_cookie_8
Doing What I Do

G_cookie_8 plays in the PSP
G_cookie_8 supports Cereal Killerz 2
G_cookie_8 helped look for balloons
G_cookie_8 is an NCPA player
Wow they do seem very similiar especially the x and pro x and whatever and the bottom line regs are like edentical. Odd

08 Origins Ego F/S
Old 01-07-2005, 03:09 PM #10
NitroAGGIE
IB > *

Quote:
Originally posted by pro_balla70462
IM sure you are right about the tairwan industries being copied for American guns...

Wrath is def the O3 ripoff...
Vendetta will not be produced, this I can garuntee, and if does make it to market, it wont for long, as WGP will sure the hell out of them... bad move....
Slayer wont be produced as it is an EXACT copy of the O2, that wont last very long, especially if it uses the same solenoid, as Odyssey has a patent on their O2 solenoid....
Reaper is an O2 ripoff also...
Dont expect the ProX or X to ever hit market due to they are exactly like the Torid and torid X...

The only way I see some of these guns making it to market is if Odyssey and Diablo Merged...

Diablo could VERY EASILY contract with Odyssey to make their markers, it is NOT an uncomming thing to do in the business world. No, They did NOT have to merge to sell eachother's stuff. Don't be too quick to call it a ripoff, as the facts stted above can very well be true.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:58 PM #11
pro_balla70462

pro_balla70462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i promise u, if diablo produces that cocker type gun, they will get their balls sued off...

"SPYDER CLONE CLONES!!"
I hope ur not calling it a clone of the O3, which is a spyder clone, bc the O3 isnt anything close to being a spyder clone
Old 01-08-2005, 09:31 AM #12
DarkSideXIII
Snausages

im likin the looks of the Mongoose Pro-X. i just got my reincarnation but if this new goose comes with eyes (i think i saw cover plates) and better opertationthan i might look into it. (and of course my black and read colors and yes proballa, these guns will surely come out, diablo has ben spreading some thoughts for some time about improving on the mongoose designs and making some more markers, so good for them this could be thier big breakthrough in the field of markers. and i dont think ne1 buying it will care if its an odyssey clone because obviously if thier buying it its got something better about it they like.
Rock is life
ST=Retards with Matches. go burn

Musician? Music Fan? Music Nation. www.musicnation.cjb.net[
Old 01-08-2005, 11:49 AM #13
zxcvbn

i dont like the triggers but they look really cool. i would prefer to stick with a mongoose tho.

"Originally posted by Anubi5
Wait...real life friends? Like you've met them, and not only online? LUCKY!!!! "
"Originally posted by Anubi5
I'll sig you. [/e-threat] "
Old 01-08-2005, 09:02 PM #14
Synesthesia
hella agg

Synesthesia is a Paintball photographer
Well whatever happens, these guns better not be available at retail stores...
Old 01-08-2005, 09:04 PM #15
Synesthesia
hella agg

Synesthesia is a Paintball photographer
I also don't like those clear grips. I'd pick up a Wrath if those grips were interchangeable or came w/ black grips.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:15 PM #16
DarkSideXIII
Snausages

ya i agree with synesthesia i hate clear grips theyr so ugly and its hard to read the LCD at a glance
Rock is life

Old 01-11-2005, 01:17 AM #17
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
lp04 donated to help Peyton Trent
lp04 plays in the APPA D4 division
lp04 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
well looking at the wrath you can tell its not exactly like any of the odyssey guns because it had break beam eyes instead of bounce beam which means if its in the same price range ppl are gonna pick it up over odyssey guns because it has better stock parts

Lone Star Vapor Supply
Backroad Premium E-Juice
Old 01-11-2005, 09:35 AM #18
ZooYork Balla
╬ |)o$ MāFIā

ReapeR is a copy of the Evil Omen it looks like, But they look like decent guns.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post18295971
Old 02-03-2005, 05:15 PM #19
Toby15custom

COPY CATS i tell you we form our own frizzlin company with really good service great guns and better rep too
and charge less. IMPOSSIBLE only thing close is bob long.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:36 PM #20
DarkSideXIII
Snausages

that didnt make ne sense can u reword it
Rock is life

Old 02-05-2005, 09:20 AM #21
Toby15custom

oh sorry i am just sayin that BOB long is the only gun company that really truely backs their markers i guess you pay for what u get.

So lets go form our own marker company called odymong. LOL. We will have the chinease do service and take 2 months to get the people there markers back. OR develop good markers and sell them at a good price.YEAH RIGHT