Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-06-2005, 05:42 PM #22
Haga652001
Night divides the day

Haga652001 is a Supporting Member
Re: ughh

Quote:
Originally posted by Death_Taco
Ok, yes Small Pox is dangerous and scares many people, but the more dangerous virus is one that is more likely to happen.

Ebola

Ebola is a primate virus and can be trasported through the air, sex, fluids, and especially blood.

Ebola not only kills you, but literally liquifies you to the point where your insides are nothing more than goo.

Why is this so scary? Because although mice are one of the most tested lab animals, monkies are the most commonly imported test animals/pets you can find.

Ebola has a 7-14day incubation period, which means a monkey could be captured in Africa, shipped to america, and be sitting on your lap feeding you cheetohs in less than one week, which is the minimum incubation period for this virus.

In fact, if any of you were alive back then, perhaps you would remember the breakout of Ebola Zaire (90% casualty rate) in Reston Virginia. How did this happen? ONE sick monkey, not two, not three...but ONE!!!

Ebola is a level 4 biohazard "hot virus" (fair treatment, yet no cure, and are almost certain to die if you catch it).

If i were you, id be worried about those damn monkey importers and wtf they are bringing over here. Yes, the chance is low, but MUCH higher than the chance of Small Pox.

So, forget about small pox, Ebola is the baby you should watch out for.

PS: If you suspect small pox, ureia is the best defense. WIp it out, piss on your shirt, and cover your nose/mouth with it.
Sounds disgusting, but first thing they will teach you about anti-biological in the military.

Save your life for an ounce of piss?
the problem with ebola is that it is too efficient. It kills too fast in other words. The outbreak would literially last maybe 4 days and kill a total of maybe 40 people. Because we also have better Medical Facilities than Africa Does.( better Equipped anyway with a lot of Equipment to keep anone from getting exposed to it.)

point being Ebola never was and never will be an Effective boilogical terror agent like small pox would be because it works too fast.
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2005, 05:50 PM #23
Flesh Eater
Mr. Rook

has been a member for 10 years
it might be efficient but it would deff kill more then 40 people and last more then 4 days.

Yes it is true. I'm back!!

Creator of:
How to Fine Tune your DM4/5/C/Proto
Old 01-06-2005, 05:53 PM #24
GIK4
drink. play. die.

actually haga is right, the ebola virus burns out far too fast to be considered a deadly weapon as a stand alone viral payload

that is why there were so many attempts to, for lack of a better word, splice it with other pathogens to create some sort of super bug

as far as the old small pox vaccinations, they are only good for like 15-20 years, most people who got the shot are no longer immune

The next time I move I hope I get a real easy phone number, something like 2222222. People will ask, "Mitch, how do I get a hold of you?" I'll say, "Just press two for a while, when I answer, you'll know that you've pressed two enough."

~ For mitch
Old 01-06-2005, 09:45 PM #25
Dinkers Sidekick
Banned

Yea I heard the movie on FX wasn't true but it looked so real it freaked me out.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:49 PM #26
mulletmadness
Damn Whities

mulletmadness is a Supporting Member
What was that movie with Dustin Hoffmann and Cuba Gooding Jr. called?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:37 PM #27
Dinkers Sidekick
Banned

Im not sure
Old 01-07-2005, 09:22 AM #28
customcocker-igot1

i think i kno what ur talkin about

Quote:
Originally posted by mulletmadness
What was that movie with Dustin Hoffmann and Cuba Gooding Jr. called?
you talkin about chill factor? where they have that crazy virus thing and when it gets to a tempurature(sp) above a certin degree it iniciates and like vaporizes everything...and ebola could be an insanely effective virus, if someone were to get on an airplane with the airborn form of ebola, everyone on that plane would be infected, then they would go infect almost everyone in the air port, and everyone they work w/...it would kill millions, even in just a short period of time...small pox worrys me cause i live in frederick, literally 20min away from fort detrick where they have small pox... they also have anthrax and all that crap
Old 01-07-2005, 10:09 AM #29
Not About The Game
[PICKLE] KB Productions

Not About The Game is a Supporting Member
I watched it, it was a good show. Weird how one man can cause so much chaos
Old 01-07-2005, 11:44 AM #30
Scottc1988

Re: Re: ughh

Quote:
Originally posted by Not_Werty7373
Ebola is harder to catch than Small pox. small pox is airborne. certain strands of ebola are airborne. see you have read The Hot Zone. it is a wake up as to what could happen if an airborne strand that infectes humans started spreading. But a terrorist would use Small pox before they ever used ebola (people dont want to get near that ****). Ohs Noes watch out for Aum and Sarin!/!?!!
Do you really think the terrorists care about catching ebola? They blow themselves up daily!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:11 PM #31
EatUrHeartOut187
HKD

I watched it but never saw the ending.

TRUST
MySpace
My Photography
PINOYBALLASOCIETY #69
Old 01-07-2005, 03:13 PM #32
Gagarin
Freedom ist Verboten!

All russians are innoculated against small pox and other potential viruses so im not worried at all
Get a job? The **** you talking to kid? I worked five years in a row when i was in the joint! Pressing them mother ****ing licence plates! Im a licence plate pressing mother ****er! Wheres a ***** gonna get a job out here pressing licence plates?
Old 01-07-2005, 03:23 PM #33
Dinkers Sidekick
Banned

I would hate to live around the places where they keep small pox