PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-06-2005, 05:52 PM #1
Dinkers Sidekick
Banned

Small Pox

Anyone else worried about this?It kind of freaks me off when I see the pictures of the people with small poxs.And I wantched a show last night about it and it is really a sad thing.I hope that we don't have a small pox epidemic.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2005, 05:54 PM #2
Rogue-Assassin
Un-emo Elmo

has been a member for 10 years
edit: i think im thinking of something else.. but still no worry. there have only been two known deaths of smallpox and they were last reported in 1977. a lab worker who accidently got infected and a worker in the office next to the lab..

Originally posted by $horT_$trokE
If Jesus was born in 2005, his name would have been Google.

Quote from Vincent in Gattaca
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back.

Last edited by Rogue-Assassin : 01-06-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:54 PM #3
timberlin2418
USN

timberlin2418 is a Supporting Member
Its near impossible to have a huge outbreak in the US because if anyone here got, the government would be all over it and stop its spread cold. Just dont travel to Africa. Just kidding, its under quarantine in the US.
XSV FAN CLUB MEMBER #445
MATTY MARSHALL FAN CLUB MEMBER #24
NE HURRICANES FAN CLUB MEMBER #78

ROCKIN' A BLACK EGO

SAVE TOBY!!!

My Feedback
Old 01-06-2005, 05:58 PM #4
NUMBtoPaiN
Week's up. . . . . .

If that scared you then think about what if someone actually directly came here and exposed themselves, not afflict us indirectly like from London. Even the possibility of more than one host.
Elin Grindemyr Fan Club Member #8

"Originally posted by Lunch__Box89
beauty is in the eye of the beer holder "
"Why are we afraid to die? Do any of us remember being scared when we were born?" -Trevor Kay
Old 01-06-2005, 05:58 PM #5
sKum9696
Retro

stridex!

feedback
blog
HALO EDITION MODDED XBOX
V game lazy V
www.gamelazy.com
Old 01-06-2005, 05:59 PM #6
ColdBlood

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get smallpox nowadays?
Old 01-06-2005, 06:00 PM #7
Razzy
Cap'n Crunch Cadet

since 2002 the US has stocked enough vaccine for every person....

"Originally posted by fisherman blind Razzy now owns this thread"
"Originally posted by chodeyg;27741974 We don't kill, we just shoot people until their hearts stop beating."
Old 01-06-2005, 06:01 PM #8
abcd205

Watch the smallpox movie on FX right now. It's pretty good.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:03 PM #9
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

ughh

Ok, yes Small Pox is dangerous and scares many people, but the more dangerous virus is one that is more likely to happen.

Ebola

Ebola is a primate virus and can be trasported through the air, sex, fluids, and especially blood.

Ebola not only kills you, but literally liquifies you to the point where your insides are nothing more than goo.

Why is this so scary? Because although mice are one of the most tested lab animals, monkies are the most commonly imported test animals/pets you can find.

Ebola has a 7-14day incubation period, which means a monkey could be captured in Africa, shipped to america, and be sitting on your lap feeding you cheetohs in less than one week, which is the minimum incubation period for this virus.

In fact, if any of you were alive back then, perhaps you would remember the breakout of Ebola Zaire (90% casualty rate) in Reston Virginia. How did this happen? ONE sick monkey, not two, not three...but ONE!!!

Ebola is a level 4 biohazard "hot virus" (fair treatment, yet no cure, and are almost certain to die if you catch it).

If i were you, id be worried about those damn monkey importers and wtf they are bringing over here. Yes, the chance is low, but MUCH higher than the chance of Small Pox.

So, forget about small pox, Ebola is the baby you should watch out for.

PS: If you suspect small pox, ureia is the best defense. WIp it out, piss on your shirt, and cover your nose/mouth with it.
Sounds disgusting, but first thing they will teach you about anti-biological in the military.

Save your life for an ounce of piss?
Old 01-06-2005, 06:10 PM #10
Not_Werty7373

Not_Werty7373 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Re: ughh

Quote:
Originally posted by Death_Taco
Ok, yes Small Pox is dangerous and scares many people, but the more dangerous virus is one that is more likely to happen.

Ebola

Ebola is a primate virus and can be trasported through the air, sex, fluids, and especially blood.

Ebola not only kills you, but literally liquifies you to the point where your insides are nothing more than goo.

Why is this so scary? Because although mice are one of the most tested lab animals, monkies are the most commonly imported test animals/pets you can find.

Ebola has a 7-14day incubation period, which means a monkey could be captured in Africa, shipped to america, and be sitting on your lap feeding you cheetohs in less than one week, which is the minimum incubation period for this virus.

In fact, if any of you were alive back then, perhaps you would remember the breakout of Ebola Zaire (90% casualty rate) in Reston Virginia. How did this happen? ONE sick monkey, not two, not three...but ONE!!!

Ebola is a level 4 biohazard "hot virus" (fair treatment, yet no cure, and are almost certain to die if you catch it).

If i were you, id be worried about those damn monkey importers and wtf they are bringing over here. Yes, the chance is low, but MUCH higher than the chance of Small Pox.

PS: If you suspect small pox, ureia is the best defense. WIp it out, piss on your shirt, and cover your nose/mouth with it.
Sounds disgusting, but first thing they will teach you about anti-biological in the military.

Ebola is harder to catch than Small pox. small pox is airborne. certain strands of ebola are airborne. see you have read The Hot Zone. it is a wake up as to what could happen if an airborne strand that infectes humans started spreading. But a terrorist would use Small pox before they ever used ebola (people dont want to get near that ****). Ohs Noes watch out for Aum and Sarin!/!?!!
CHRIST KREW #666
~~
Old 01-06-2005, 06:14 PM #11
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
So you guys watched that FX thing. Smallpox exists only in the vaults of our gov and the Russian gov (yes I knew that before the little movie). It would be really really hard to get ahold of, there are easyer boiweapons to get ahold of.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
Old 01-06-2005, 06:16 PM #12
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
The Reston place with the Ebola is a petting zoo I used to go to as a kid.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:25 PM #13
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

lol

too bad the building hasnt been opened or used since it was closed down

but yeah, read hot zone, read/saw outbreak, seen/read studies on ebola.

planning on doing an internship at NCI...cant get enough of this stuff, too interesting to pass up
Old 01-06-2005, 06:26 PM #14
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

Re: ughh

Quote:

Ebola

No, ebola has a higher death percentage rate btu it is still less dangerous then Small pox. unlike Small Pox, ebola isnt always airborne. it has to evolve to that state or have the airborne strand to become airborne. And again, unlike small pox, if someone touches you then Ebola is on your skin, but it has to enter a large opening such as your eyes, nose, or mouth. Small pox is much more likely to kill you then ebola. And ebola is a lot harder to contain and handle then small pox

Last edited by penguin_style25 : 01-06-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:26 PM #15
not_captain jackass

they actually had to burn that building to the ground because of the outreak.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:30 PM #16
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally posted by not_captain jackass
they actually had to burn that building to the ground because of the outreak.
nah, they did a massive "nuke"

bleached everything, then they used gasses to clear it out.

Well, i havent seen much on it, they could've burnt it down.
ill take your word for it.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:30 PM #17
woodsballer14 (Banned)

i watched that and i looked like it really happened it scared me.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:32 PM #18
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

Quote:
nah, they did a massive "nuke"

bleached everything, then they used gasses to clear it out.

Well, i havent seen much on it, they could've burnt it down.
ill take your word for it.
Yes they were just prepping for the burning. My aunt is a Dr. at the CDC in Atlanta and deals with Level 4 viruses.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:35 PM #19
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

Quote:
Originally posted by Rogue-Assassin
edit: i think im thinking of something else.. but still no worry. there have only been two known deaths of smallpox and they were last reported in 1977. a lab worker who accidently got infected and a worker in the office next to the lab..
Small Pox has compeltely been eradicated from the planet except for a couple strands in the CDC, WHO, and some russian bio labs. And when it was around it killed many many people. ALmost the entire United States was vaccinated. If you were to look at some of your parents who were around back when they had the massive campaign to eradicate it, they will still have the needle marks on their arms.

That special is almost exact down to the dot about what would happen if someone decided to do that. you may think that government has some big plan if anything like this happened but I can gaurentee its nothing on the scale that msot of you are thinking. Many people would die.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:36 PM #20
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally posted by penguin_style25
Yes they were just prepping for the burning. My aunt is a Dr. at the CDC in Atlanta and deals with Level 4 viruses.
cool.

if this wasnt the internet, id ask if i could talk to her about it.

but sadly, no one can be trusted

Still..id rather have Small Pox...although rare..there IS a vaccine
Old 01-06-2005, 06:41 PM #21
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

Quote:
cool.

if this wasnt the internet, id ask if i could talk to her about it.

but sadly, no one can be trusted

Still..id rather have Small Pox...although rare..there IS a vaccine
Of course there is a vaccine, but jsut not enought to save as many people as one would think. And it depends on whos even physically able to take it.