PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-06-2005, 11:25 PM #85
Syco78 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
I dropped out of high school at 16 and got my ged. I was able to get into college at 17 with no financial aid of course but thats the price you pay to start college when your supposed to be a high school senior. Theres a lot of things you need to look into before you go and do it. Some states won't give you a ged until your 18 but I was able to get a "unofficial" copy with my test scores that was good enough to get me into college. I got my associates degree a year earlier then I could have if I finished high school. College is expensive though keep that in mind. The school fought me the entire way they said it was "unfair" to other students. You might run into the same problems but hopefully not. I had to go take my test in another school district but it was well worth it. The systems not for everyone >=]
Old 01-07-2005, 02:28 AM #86
rT159
BlackOps

www.jmhs.com
Old 01-07-2005, 03:44 AM #87
scr1be
roflcopter

watch chris rock. GED = good enough education. 4 years of high school in one test? ew.

with that you can get into a community college, because everybody can get into a community college.

please graduate.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:28 AM #88
JoeyBear
Old School Baller :)

JoeyBear is a Supporting Member
There are many people who do well in life with a GED, but the percentage is outrageous of people who do nothing more than eke out a living with a GED. BUT, a GED is better than not getting anything at all.

Talk with your parents about it because it is an adult decision. If you're adult enough to drop out of school, you're adult enough to talk with them about it.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:45 AM #89
customcocker-igot1

dude graduate highschool, these guys already yelled at me 8 pages worth of what happens when u drop out, they are very convincing, trust me graduating is the way to go, it beats the hell out of dropping out. think about it, graduate u get to spend the next two years in highschool while living with your parents, drop out you will probably get kicked outta your house and have to get a job and fend for yourself...do yourself a favor and take all the advice given from these fine people
Old 01-07-2005, 01:46 PM #90
Respeck-Knuckelz
Banned

Respeck-Knuckelz is a Supporting Member
yeah im stayin in school for sure. I gave it a lot of thought today, and stayin iin > dropping out
Old 01-07-2005, 03:05 PM #91
minime

minime is a founding member
Re: GED vs Highschool Graduation

Quote:
Originally posted by Respeck-Knuckelz
If I dropout, and get my GED , what would be the advantages of this? Could I get the same jobs and job offers as I could with a highschool graduation?
you can become the mayor of delaware if you get a ged. you also have to weigh around 400lbs.

that fat *****.......

pic of delaware's mayor:

Flex 7 F/S

Old 01-07-2005, 03:13 PM #92
notF3nix
Banned

A GED is equal to a Highschool Diploma the only thing is that a Highschool dipolma shows determination to stick through school. A GED shows that you took the easier route. Which makes your employer think that you might take the easy way out on the job.... thus making them choose the person who will stick out the job and get it done.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:37 PM #93
MShinodaLP10
OG of EJAM

MShinodaLP10 is a Supporting Member
Re: GED vs Highschool Graduation

Quote:
Originally posted by Respeck-Knuckelz
If I dropout, and get my GED , what would be the advantages of this? Could I get the same jobs and job offers as I could with a highschool graduation?
you can join the army

E-JAM Paintball

BlackBlue '05 Proto Matrix
Old 01-07-2005, 07:07 PM #94
Joe Tanasovich

Joe Tanasovich supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeyBear
I'm a high school counselor/teacher/administrator, so please listen...a GED sux monkey nuts compared to a diploma. Employers are gonna look for certain steps you achieve throughout your lifetime. The first step is high school. If you can't finish that, then they're gonna think you're a slacker and won't waste their time on you. You might be able to go to a community college, but if you don't want to go to college, you're gonna be screwed. There are plenty of high school graduates without any ambition in life who will take any job given to them, and they'll get the job before you because they at least finished high school.

Like someone else said, talk with a counselor or a teacher you like or trust.
let me guess...english major??

im sure your a teacher