High School? - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Anyone else feel the same way?
Yes 48 62.34%
No 29 37.66%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-06-2005, 08:00 AM #43
paintballdude_13
g33k

has been a member for 10 years
Yah I gotta agree with your pretty strongly. I used to not be bothered by schools total lameness like last year and before when I'd be stoned all the time, and I'd get like all A's and B's cause me being high the work didn't seem bad. Now that I got busted and can't smoke all the time (well I could, but I choose not to) every thing at school is so clear I'm like WTF how could I do this before??? Oh wait I always toked up with my buddy before school. Now like every once in awhile if I do smoke before school, I see a huge perforamnce difference, I do all my work instead of sit around and talk to people or sleep. Weird isn't it?

I have like a 3.4, I have never participated really in any extra activities besides I'm on a technology planning board for the district. I'm already accepted and signed up for the school I want, so now I"m just looking on ways to pay for that, getting probaly 1 or 2 scholarships hopefully, and the rest will be loans, cause I have to pay for like 38k upfront (ouchies I know) Fullsail is expensive eh

I'm just worried that I'm gonna barely pass Government which is required this semester, cause are finals are next week I'm sitting at barely a C-, if I **** up royally which I usually don't I could fail, I'll just have to try and remember as much as I can I guess.
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2005, 08:06 AM #44
Elephonel (Banned)
V British Open Favorite V

I totally disagree. All you have to do is put in a little effort and you can make A's and B's. I have straight A's and am proud of that. But that is because I care about my work and put it before games and other such activity. Your mom is completely right.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:03 AM #45
BigfootWookie
Bye Bye Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by MVPaintballer
If you're not getting close to straight A's in 9th grade, you're not going to do well for the rest of high school.
congratulations, you're wrong!

frosh year was about tansitioning to highschool then ****ing around. heres my grades:

7th: 4.0, 4.0
8th: 4.0, 4.0
9th: 3.0, 3.1
10th: 3.6, 3.7
11th: 3.9

thats constant ****ing improvement since start of HS.

extracurriculars:

Latin Club President (for 2 years by graduation)
Physics Club President (Next year)
Paintball Club President (Next Year)
Over 240 Hours of community service
Summer teaching job
Archery
Social Justice Club
Service Club

woohoo go me

"I can't hit them anymore but God knows that I want to. More than awakening tomorrow morning, I want another shot at a Notre Dame football player. Just so I could send the clear message that The University of Southern California's Football Team is in town and that today will end in Pain for you and your team and your fans and your school. That USC is here and we're taking everything you have. There won't be anything left when we're done here."
-Marv Goux, USC Legend
Old 01-06-2005, 09:11 AM #46
BC Predz
digiwave

Annual Supporting Member
BC Predz is a Supporting Member
BC Predz plays in the USPL
BC Predz plays in the PSP
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OMG your the latin club prez........
Old 01-06-2005, 10:42 AM #47
Rogue-Assassin
Un-emo Elmo

since when can you get an 1810 on the psat? last time i checked 1600 was max score for sat and psat was the same for scoring after you add something...

high school does matter and its not all gpa based. you can do well if you bomb 9th grade. what mvpaint was saying is that if you dont understand the concepts of 9th grade, you will struggle through the rest of high school. the main thing of high school is to learn all you can. not so much worry about grades, but getting the information down. people are too worried about gpa and dont learn material but cheat to get their way through. this doesnt do anything for you in life. some people take regular courses instead of honors classes to help them keep a high gpa, this is a mistake if you are capable of taking the classes. its about the information learned, not the gpa.

Originally posted by $horT_$trokE
If Jesus was born in 2005, his name would have been Google.

Quote from Vincent in Gattaca
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:44 AM #48
mike8913
killer of the newb

Re: High School?

Quote:
Originally posted by Enjoipaintball6
I still have like, a 3.5 weighted GPA, and I got an 1810 on the PSAT
i call shens

the highest score you can get on the SAT's are 1600

ATTENTION WHORE
Old 01-06-2005, 10:45 AM #49
Rogue-Assassin
Un-emo Elmo

Re: Re: High School?

Quote:
Originally posted by mike8913
i call shens

the highest score you can get on the SAT's are 1600

ATTENTION WHORE
you missed it by 2minutes

Originally posted by $horT_$trokE
If Jesus was born in 2005, his name would have been Google.

Quote from Vincent in Gattaca
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:56 AM #50
FalloutMan
The Original

FalloutMan helped look for balloons
since we are describing our academic careers ill talk about mine:

maintained a higher than 3.5 through out high school till the previous quarter (which was an exact 3.5)

in atleast one honors class every year (first 2 years i had more this year and last year i only have had one though)

right now my schedule is
tech drawing
health
videography
chem II (honors for some reason)
humanities (an in between regular and honors english class)
physics
calculus+discrete math

of those classes i only had to take calculus and humanities, and i feel like a moron for taking chem II since i am either failing this quarter or have a D (which is accualy a C but whatever)

and i have been employed all of high school and only have been after school two times (once to hand in a paper i left at home and another to play guitar with a teacher for a bit)

i was also one of the first people to join our schools tech academy, and the first one to be kicked out.

and i can get into any college i want to (i dont want to get into princeton or anything like that heh) and i can get into over a 100 colleges with a free tuition if i decide to go to one
Old 01-06-2005, 11:20 AM #51
Em1Kid288
♥LOVE♥

Quote:
Originally posted by FalloutMan

...and i can get into any college i want to (i dont want to get into princeton or anything like that heh) and i can get into over a 100 colleges with a free tuition if i decide to go to one...
Lies.

Quote:
Originally posted by ZeR0 EVOlution
7th grade: 4.0 GPA
8th grade: 3.9 GPA
Freshmen year: 3.6 GPA
Sophmore year: 1.9 GPA
Junior year: 2.8 GPA
Senior year: 3.9 GPA
SAT: 1350
ACT: 30
Lies.

Quote:
...and I got an 1810 on the PSAT, and I know I can improve my SAT score by about 150-200...
Lies.
ANYMORE
Old 01-06-2005, 11:34 AM #52
BigfootWookie
Bye Bye Baby!

PSAT and SAT are out of 2400 this year

dip****s

"I can't hit them anymore but God knows that I want to. More than awakening tomorrow morning, I want another shot at a Notre Dame football player. Just so I could send the clear message that The University of Southern California's Football Team is in town and that today will end in Pain for you and your team and your fans and your school. That USC is here and we're taking everything you have. There won't be anything left when we're done here."
-Marv Goux, USC Legend
Old 01-06-2005, 11:37 AM #53
Tiny (Banned)
The Real Tiny

I don't remember what my grades were, but I got accpeted to and graduated from CMU so I guess they were good enough.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:44 PM #54
FalloutMan
The Original

FalloutMan helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally posted by Em1Kid288
Lies.

Lies.

Lies.

my mom works at roger williams university here in rhode island, they are affiliated with the council of independent colleges and its in her contract that her and any immediate family members can go to any school thats in the cic.

if you dont believe me fine but:

http://www.cic.org/tep/index.asp

and

http://www.cic.org/tep/participants.asp
Old 01-06-2005, 01:28 PM #55
NeverForgetYa
Flip the script

High school is nothing like college. I would still reccommend striving to get to an ivy league school if your parents can afford. The job offers you get will far outweigh the 8-10 years of social misery.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:49 PM #56
Enjoipaintball6
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by NeverForgetYa
High school is nothing like college. I would still reccommend striving to get to an ivy league school if your parents can afford. The job offers you get will far outweigh the 8-10 years of social misery.
Ivy League = teh gheyness

State schools = teh mad pimpin'
Old 01-06-2005, 01:57 PM #57
Ayachuco
Banned

Quote:
No, it was in the Newsweek top 5. There isn't a better school in the state. I'm in MoCo.
my schools better

but than again its in CT.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:42 PM #58
ZooYork Balla
╬ |)o$ MāFIā

Im only a fresh man but in Junior high all it was about is straight A's...i just do what i can...hope for the best.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post18295971
Old 01-06-2005, 02:50 PM #59
Enjoipaintball6
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ZooYork Balla
Im only a fresh man but in Junior high all it was about is straight A's...i just do what i can...hope for the best.
That's because they just give away A's in middle school.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:51 PM #60
MeRcaNtiCo
OGDT 12/29

MeRcaNtiCo is a Supporting Member
shut up and get over it. school sucks, work sucks, life sucks, unless you do something to turn it around. school is fun with me because i am involved in ****, the only real complaint about school i have is the waking up early part, that needs to change.

you're right in your state of mind though about going to college, not needing to goto an ivy league. (your mom should be happy she doesnt need to pay for that **** anymore) and all the people i see only caring about grades have basically no life skills and only accomplish 1 thing, getting into an ivy league. i dont pretend people who only care about that ****, or people who goto ivy leagues are either better or smarter than me, because truth is one of the only reasons they want to be there is so people will finally respect them and think they're intelligent. it's not what school you went to, it's what you do in that school, what you do in life that is actually important. your mom is just overly dramatic and placing importance on the wrong thing. she just wants the best for you man, and she thinks that you going to an ivy league is it.

good luck.

I like alcohol
Old 01-06-2005, 04:21 PM #61
auritaz

Im just curious, is there any one thats also in the IB program? Cuz Im feeling way out of place here. Im straight A student, taking classes like AP Economics as a sophomore. Any other IBers? Doubt it on this forum...
Old 01-06-2005, 04:24 PM #62
skitsoKID911
:dodgy much?:

my GPA is a 3.7-8 and i do nothing in school and do no homework at all. god i love advanced classes
Old 01-06-2005, 04:28 PM #63
skitsoKID911
:dodgy much?:

ill be taking IB math and physics next year

edit: come on ST isnt THAT retarded......