PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-03-2001, 08:26 PM #1
Trinity

has been a member for 10 years
New proteus sucks

I just got my new recalled proteus back from JT and they suck, They seem like a completely different system, much stiffer, and they don't feel like the old ones. Anyone else not like the new ones?

I feel like calling JT up and telling them I want ize-s instead and they can eat their new goggles.

Anyone complain to JT yet?

Trinity
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2001, 12:39 AM #2
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Man, you must not really pay attention. The old proteus' got recalled (clear smoke). They got recalled because of a safety hazard. So now JT makes only the solid black ones. And instead of having the strap attach at the back of the mask, it attaches like the normal spectras. So that could be why it feels different. However, you can't tell JT to eat there mask, cause it's your problem if you don't like the mask. I guess you'll just have to deal with it. And for how to make the mask like the older proteus' refer to this thread.
Old 07-04-2001, 09:11 AM #3
Trinity

ok lets look at what you said.

1. I bought the original proteus mask, which I very much liked.

2. JT recals the original and says they will fix the problem.

3. JT sends me a new proteus

4. New proteus and old proteus are 2 different mask completely

5. Recall and fix, never meant or said we will take them back and give you something new that sucks. It usually means we will fix the part that was wrong or not working properly.

If the strap older on the originals is what was wrong with them when why is the new ones diferent, they should have solved the problem by adding a better strap holder. But they also changed other parts of the mask.

I know exactly what happened, and am not happy with how they fixed it. The original proteus was the best mask mask I ever wore. but a recall is a recall. I expected the same feel and quality mask, now I am trying to get rid of the medicore (my opinion) mask that they replaced it with. A better R&D or design team coulda just fixed what was wrong without changeing the feel.

In the recall note they said that the plastic could break... and they made a newer plastic. Not that they redesigned the wole mask, that the strap now goes to the frame, that the lower baffles are stiff as a board, and it feels like you got a box on your head instead of a well fitting mask

Trinity
Old 07-09-2001, 06:32 PM #4
-sK-

My brother just got one and I like it.
Old 07-09-2001, 11:12 PM #5
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
if ya don't like, sell to me! but just suck it up.

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 07-10-2001, 07:23 PM #6
HardcoreNW
NW Representative

I agree with you dude I went back to my flex 7 because the new proteus's feel like someone put a vice on your head, plus they fog a lot quicker... seems like to me anyways