PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-02-2005, 04:57 AM #1
M_Laver

has been a member for 10 years
assault80 Solenoid Upgrade on mayhem???

Would It be possible to use the Assault80 "Stainless Steel Solenoid Upgrade" On the mayhem??? If it is, how would mayhem owners benefit?
Polish Guy, I'm trying to talk myself into giving you money. Help me out.
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2005, 10:59 AM #2
Stray Bullet

Stray Bullet is a Supporting Member
Before you spend anymore money on the Mayhem maybe you should consider the Assault. For $300 bones you can't go wrong. Get it off of WMP's site. There are alot of version 1 Assaults going around for $200 and you really don't want it.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:12 PM #3
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

Shut up and let the boy do what he wants...

Laver, don't listen to him, give me da money

Umm, lets start with the quote, "Anything is possible". The wiring is just the same on the solenoid, so yes, possible, but you need to be a tinker'er.

Hope that helps.

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK
Old 01-02-2005, 04:17 PM #4
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

Oh and benefits -- totally skipped over that part of your post, I just saw SS upgrade and the part about money

Benefits would be higher flow, rebuildability ease, and a pretty stainless steel splug on your gun.

FeedbacK
Old 01-02-2005, 06:30 PM #5
baldusi

Do you know the voltage and if the normaly open or normaly closed are compatible.
The valve in question is The Mouse from Clippard.
Go here for the valve:
http://www.clippard.com/store/byo_el...use_valves.asp
You might need to do some tinkering, though.
For more information, look here:
http://www.clippard.com/images/byo/e...nstruction.pdf

Last edited by baldusi : 01-02-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:28 PM #6
M_Laver

Quote:
Originally posted by Polish Guy
Oh and benefits -- totally skipped over that part of your post, I just saw SS upgrade and the part about money

Benefits would be higher flow, rebuildability ease, and a pretty stainless steel splug on your gun.
Ya, I see money and that is ALL I see when I see it.
Higher flow, does that mean lower pressure and more gas efficient. Will it bolt on or will I need to modify anything.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:27 PM #7
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

You will probably need to modify a few small things, but nothing too serious.

It means it will use more air volume instead of pressure, so no, it is not more air efficient, it will just help overcome loss of air vented more so than the stock solenoid did.

To tell you the truth, there's no real point on placing the SS solenoid on the gun. You're only creating an avenue for more problems and the advantages of putting it on are far to small to measure in any viewpoint.

FeedbacK
Old 01-10-2005, 09:38 AM #8
Swansen

ok dude sorry polish guy but wait i had the same discussion in my forum and had asked about this like 10 times and the best way to go here is with the boblong intimidator solenoid, From what i was being told hte ss solenoid wouldn't help out that much, but hey if you really want it go and do it. My forum is down the page a little its called predator morlocks will save mayhems everywhere, also do a search in these forums for the name snyperf1 something and he posted a guide on how to instal the solenoid
Old 01-10-2005, 09:27 PM #9
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

He didn't ask what solenoid would work best, he asked if the SS was worth it. I answered that question.

Quote:
From what i was being told hte ss solenoid wouldn't help out that much
My point exactly if you'd look up about....one post.

FeedbacK
Old 01-10-2005, 11:12 PM #10
baldusi

It highly depends if he uses the original Timmy or the Alias Timmy (Humphrey HEA10F5-GL-W101) solenoid valve. Regretably, the Alias' doesn't handle CO2 and if it doesn't has a return path it will blow up (apparently). I guess the Clippard EC-3M-6 (Assault) is a bit more abuse proof. Plus it has the right form (a cylinder). I wouldn't underappreciate the easyness of adapting the air passages to a Mayhem.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:04 AM #11
Swansen

yes but ss solenoid also doesn't handle higher pressures very well, and the almost every marker uses some form of the boblong solenoid, and sniperf1 wrote a section o how to adapt the solenoid to the mayhem its really not that complicated the boblong solenoid also alows for a lpr, to polish guy i didn't say he shouldn't use the ss solenoid i was going to use it at first but then i was just told that i was better off with the boblong, but yes the ss solenoid will probably require a lot less work to install, and will still work better than the regular but, probably will effect the effiency because its higher flow
Old 01-11-2005, 12:00 PM #12
baldusi

Boblong doesn't makes solenoid valves. Koganei (and Humphrey sells those in the US), SMC and Skinner make.
All Intimidators ever made are one of just two versions, the rest are cosmetic changes. The original, and the Alias platform. The former uses the Skinner K4H04 colenoid valve, and the Alias the Humphrey HEA10F5-GL-101W.
I'm refferring to the fact that the Skinner K4H04 is the one sniper1f recommends.
I've read in the Intimidator forum, that one of those two solenoids, needs all ports flowing to work right. This was discovered when installing QEVs in the Timmy. After a few hundred shots the valves were worn down. It wasn't specified if it was the new one or the old one. But if I recall correctly, the Mayhem solenoid is a 3-way, not a 4 way. And thus, it would worn down the Timmy solenoid. If sniper1f had success with the Skinner, then I concluded that this problem was with the Humphrey's.
I would use the Humphrey HA041E1 Solenoid (3Way), thou, since it's cheaper.
For buying solenoid pneumatic valves, I usually buy them at Air Soldier . The per unit price is not the best, but they have good selection and include the shipping in the price. So it's not more expensive if you are buying just one.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:02 PM #13
CoreotheWickedOreo

yeah i am pretty sure he said that the new ones would work just as well as the old one mabey better and the humphrey, new one, has three port wholes, obviously boblong doesn't make solenoids i was saying the solenoid in the intimidator
Old 01-13-2005, 06:28 PM #14
Swansen

hell on wheels, i am almost positive i have the 4 way, do you think you could descride that to me because it only has three port wholes, baasically what it 3way or 4way, i don't really understand solenoids fully, anyways i'll go back to the shop mabey i can exchance it, its still in its package, that aside i'm prolly screwed
Old 01-16-2005, 08:41 PM #15
baldusi

The bob long used solenoid is used as a 4 way valve. But actually is a 5 way. That means 5 holes: one input, two outputs and two exhausts. In the Intimidator, they have connecter the input to the LPR and the two outputs to the extremes of the ram. But there are two other holes in the side of the input that, even thou aren't connected, are used. That's because those are only used for exhaust air and thus doesn't need to be connected to anything.
If you bought a Humphrey you'd have a part number: HEA10-F5-GL-W101. The F5 means a 5 way (what you need). If you've got an F3 then yes, you've got the wrong part. I'm not familiarized to the SMC numbering system. But it's worth checking.