Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-04-2002, 11:09 PM #1
ballbusters86

has been a member for 10 years
rain??

Hey,

How are the Viking's in rain? Forecast is for rain at my tourney saturday, will it work ok? Sorry if theres already a post on this, please direct me to it.

Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2002, 06:36 AM #2
Hopperfly
The man with the plan!

Well I've been told by a fellow team member that you can stick the thing in water and it won't hurt the board.

But IMHO it's kinda like the difference between a water proof watch and a water resistant watch.

One water won't hurt and the other well I've never had a water resistant watch that got wet and still worked.
Kapp Drop
Old 04-05-2002, 08:42 AM #3
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
Our team played with our Excals in the driving rain as part of our "destructive testing". All performed flawlessly during the games. We had only one mishap and that was the result of a player not cleaning his gear afterwards. As a result of his procrastination, AKA made some modifications on how the boards were assembled.

My suggestion is this. Play in the rain, have fun. When you're done, clean your gear and inspect the board to make sure there is no water on it. That's what I did and I had no problems.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 04-05-2002, 11:20 AM #4
Yochinaman
Gun Gigolo

Yochinaman is a founding member
I've played with the excal in rain before too. Just keep the rain away from the paintballs and you're good to go.

Yochi.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:50 AM #5
Hyper8
Paint is not a food group

Thumbs up Umbrella what?

If anyone remembers the Zap Masters last year in Chicago, you will remember the God-awful weather we had. I used my Excalibur both days with out a problem untill a puddle presented itself as my only means of not being hit. Unfortunatly my Ex was compleatly submerged for a few seconds. At the end of the day, my marker wouldnt shoot becuase of all the moisture inside. Luckly AKA was at the Masters and they took my marker overnight and compleatly dried it out and cleaned it up for me. The puddle incident was the last game of the first day so it didnt affect me at all, and the next day it worked flawlessly again. Rain, however, has never been a problem at all. I have played many many times in the rain and I have never had any more problems at all with moisture in the marker, I just suggest that you dont go scuba diving with it like I did!!

P.S.

Thanks again for that fix in Chicago Dan, and I LOVE the trigger!!!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 02:15 PM #6
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Not a problem Mike, just another part of the AKA customer service. BTW what I did was take the board out of the gun and use a hair dryer on air, not heat, to blow the water off the board and components, then let it sit for a bit. There was another one there that grisly saturday that got completely soaked. I did the same thing for it with no problems.

(For a picture of Mike look in the June issue of APG on page 207. He's the 3rd from the left in the Rookie Sportsmanship picture.)

Dan
Old 04-05-2002, 02:57 PM #7
Hyper8
Paint is not a food group

Red face AHHH

Comeon Dan I looked like Gomer Pyle in that pic!! Im trying to forget its there!
Old 04-05-2002, 03:59 PM #8
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Well Gollllly!!! You make a national magazine and you want to forget it's there. What humility!!

Dan
Old 04-08-2002, 09:56 PM #9
purpleacidwashexcal

Ya i played in the rain with my excal in a tounrye this past sunday. no problems
Old 04-08-2002, 10:35 PM #10
ballbusters86

Hey, your from Dallas? Was that the PE series? I was there with my Viking, didnt see any other AKA guns though.

Im real surprised i didnt see any Excals there, Constant Action is pretty big with the Austin people.

I would have to say it worked great in the rain, no problems whatsover, only one barrel break too. I had it caked in mud, and soaked from the rain, it worked GREAT.