PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-28-2004, 01:36 PM #1
amcfall

has been a member for 10 years
Assault oring chart?

Does such a thing exist? Doing some tinkering and modding for a friend of mine (and my own personal amusement), most likely I already have the orings somewhere, knowing the sizes would help a lot.

In case you're wondering, I want to make a few "custom" parts for his, and give it a tune up. It's been erratic and leaking, so I need to fix it before I can try my parts.

Thanks,

Avery
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2004, 03:18 PM #2
Stray Bullet

Stray Bullet is a Supporting Member
Leaking from where?

Can't remember the pre-spool size but they are easy to find at the hardware store. The main spool back is a 109-60 Duro
Old 12-28-2004, 03:43 PM #3
amcfall

The main problem was a intermittent front block leak, although it's been acting, for lack of a better word, "weird". It'll work fine then stop working then work fine again, so I was going to replace all orings that I have replacements for.

I need to find a parts list sso I don't sound so dumb not knowing what the stuff's called. It looks like the front block is an air piloted 3 way, just like the Darkstar. Is this what you call the prespool? That is one of the orings I want to replace.

I'm off to the WM site to see what I can find.

Avery
Old 12-28-2004, 05:08 PM #4
Stray Bullet

Yup, that's the pre-spool. You can get those orings at any hardware store, 60-70 duro. If it looks chewed up you may need to debur the intersecting channel. Mine did the same thing and after the deburing procedure it hasen't happend again.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:57 AM #5
amcfall

Thanks, I'll dig through my massive pile of oring bags and see if I have any replacements for the prespool. Thanks for the help, this thing is so simple it's silly. Didn't realize that until I had the bolt / spool assy sitting in my hand.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:52 AM #6
amcfall

spool wear

How much has your OEM spool worn? The one out of my friends has the anno rubbed off in the middle of the front portion and has a few really small grooves worn in it. The anno is worn off of the inside of the front lip of the spool housing also. I noticed the inside of the bolt where the spool contacts it isn't perectly tapered, so maybe that's cocking the spool a little?
Old 12-31-2004, 03:45 PM #7
amcfall

ANother question... I played around with it, and one thing is it dtarts leaking from the solenoid whenever the HPR is over ~130, even with the LPR turned all thje way down. Does this even with new (but cheap) orings, I'll see if I can find better ones somewhere (or just order some from McMaster).

What does the HPR usually need to be set to? The good news is with the high flow spool in it, it shoots ~270 at ~125 PSI - just below where it starts leaking. So at least I can use his gun tomorrow, most of mine are in pieces :-(

Avery
Old 01-01-2005, 05:37 PM #8
baldusi

mine works at 140psi ~300fps
Old 01-01-2005, 05:48 PM #9
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

I've seen 80's that work from 100psi -mine, all the way to 170psi. The best range is most definately between 120-150psi so you have decent recharge and no shootdown.

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK
Old 01-01-2005, 06:03 PM #10
amcfall

Hmm... Is that with the velocity control all the way down? His seemed more like 150-185 before, now it's 125-150 with the new spool. Haven't messed with the velocity control yet. nThis is with the LPR set just barely high enough to work, I can get it lower if I crank the LPR.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:41 PM #11
Stray Bullet

From what I've seen for a regulator to work properly they usually need 200psi behind them to refresh properly. I've never seen this kind of performance before on a paintball marker but the Assault regulator techonology is the exception to the rule. It works just fine with as little as 10psi.