PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-15-2001, 06:03 PM #1
PipeHitter

has been a member for 10 years
Question

I just purchased a Nitro fill station and the sales rep had no idea if it comes with instructions. So does any body know of some good urls that I can read up on so I fill safely? I have NO idea how to use the fill station. Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2001, 08:18 PM #2
Budha
Paint Slüt

I highly suggest you find someone to physically show you and not read. I watch the guys at my store fill my tank all the time. It looks weird, and only the older guys do it for some reason. But get someone to show you so you cant f anything up.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 03-19-2001, 02:40 PM #3
Dr. Pham

I agree with Budha, but here is a link that will give you an overview:

http://www.docsmachine.com/tech/fillstation.html
Old 04-22-2001, 11:05 PM #4
Halliday

That link to Doc's didn't work for me
I've used a nitro setup on a scuba tank to fill. It's dead simple!

1) Attach your fill nipple to the fill "plug." (Make sure you have it on tight. I scared myself and some kid when I tried to fill his Flatline on Sat and didn't have it on all the way. POP!)

2) Turn knob on fill station.

3) Watch guage and listen. You can hear it when the tank is as full as it'll get.

4) Turn off fill station knob.

5) Bleed off the air. Some stations have a button that releases the air. Others have a knob you open and close. You'll hear the "shoosh" as it bleeds off.

6) Remove tank from station.

Unfornately I don't know how to attach the station to the scuba tank. Sorry
Old 04-23-2001, 01:06 PM #5
goldfish
g to the oldfish

To attach it to the scuba. (I have mine right here so I can describe it to the best I can.)

1. If you're looking at the top of the scuba, there should be a knob to the left and what looks like a burst disk to the right. If it is like this, there should be a round hole with a smaller hole in it facing you. On the other side there should be just a dimple

2. Now take your fill station. Position it perpendicular to the knob on the scuba and make it so that the knob on the fill station is over the dimple and that the hole lines up with the rest of the adaptor.

3. Now that it is on, tighten the knob on the fill adaptor and make sure the other side of the adaptor is in the hole.

Now there should be a little knob with a tiny hole on it, much smaller than the other knobs and on the fill station. Tighten that, hook up your gun and turn the knob on the scuba. Dont turn the knob all the way, just crack the pressure. You should hear it gas up and watch teh guage on your nitro tank. Then when you have reached teh desired pressure, tighten the knob on the tank.

When the knob on the scuba is tightened and your tank is filled to the desired pressure, turn the smaller usually silver knob on the fillstation with the hole and that will bleed the pressure inside the fillstation. THen just disconnect your tank and rock it.