PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-26-2004, 05:13 PM #1
XPBaller

has been a member for 10 years
new sonic cyborg

just got a new sonic cyborg, rasta fade #31. I have a conquest tank too, im just wondering what should i have the conquest and gladiador at? I have the conquest at 400, should it be higher, like 450? And also i have the gladiador set at 200. Someone told me to set it at 250, is that right? and also, how should i set the lpr, and what should i use when adjusting the FPS, the lpr, gladiador, or conquest?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2004, 05:24 PM #2
can'tthink of1

200, and go see how it chrono. And for adjustable takes, rule of thumb is double what pressure you're running for the inline.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:29 PM #3
BEEJ
SEE U AT THE 50

i hear alot of people running the gald at 230-240 but 450 from the conquest is good

Russian Legion Fan # 26
XSV Fan 228
You Just WISH you could keep up with me and my '72 Mach 1, Biatch
Old 12-26-2004, 07:26 PM #4
Warblade
NW Paintballer

Warblade is a Supporting Member
You are SUPPOSED to run your conquest 200PSI above the inline reg (glad)...so i would keep the conquest at 400 and adjust accordingly with the glad and lpr. Hope this helps.

PS: XP i got the Rasta fade #63 me you and Kai are brothers now haha.

Tadao'd MacDev Sonic Cyborg #0063

Feedback
Old 12-26-2004, 07:53 PM #5
XPBaller

hehehe, yea. so 200 in the glad, 400 in the conquest... sounds good, thats what im running now..
Old 12-27-2004, 10:19 AM #6
omenworker
BORGWARNER

omenworker is a Supporting Member
the best thing a borg owner can do is get the tool kit with the ram gauge..... when i first got my borg (before it was broke in) in order for me to shoot 280-300fps i had to put my conquest at 450, glad at 250, and lpr at 65-70..... these are all higher than the manual states....... now my gun is fully broken in and i run 400-200-55 all day long without any problems..... good luck....

the reason for getting the ram gauge is so you can do a test to see what pressures would be best for you..... set the marker 400-200... and then adjust your velocity with the lpr..... after you get the velocity straight, degas the marker... and put in your ram gauge... air up and determine what pressure your lpr is at.... if its anything over 70-75psi i would compensate and turn the conquest and glad up.... that way you will be able to lower the lpr pressure some more..... after your borg is broken in.... you should see a significant difference in operating pressure...... and be somewhere close to the recommended pressures listed in the manual...

good luck
omenworker

Ballers Inc. Paintball
Cyborg Owners Group
Feedback
Old 12-27-2004, 12:19 PM #7
ilikepb

ilikepb is a Supporting Member
^ That's good to know. I was wondering why my Borg was running at higher pressures then most people say. It's only had ~3 cases through it so I guess that's why. How many shots before it's broken in approximately?
Old 12-27-2004, 12:50 PM #8
omenworker
BORGWARNER

once it got to about 4-5 cases things started to get better drastically..... i would say that it took close to 8-10 cases to be fully "broken in"

Ballers Inc. Paintball
Cyborg Owners Group
Feedback
Old 12-27-2004, 12:57 PM #9
josh11213

what exactly needs to be broken in? is it the o rings or hard seals? because ive put 15+ cases through my borg and still doesnt feel broken in but ive changed many a oring
Old 12-27-2004, 12:59 PM #10
omenworker
BORGWARNER

well the regs are the number one thing to be broken in.... the bolt also will wear to fit the chamber better so it will slide more freely...... all types of machinery have sometype of break in period...... after 15 cases... you should definitely have a broken in feel??? how does it not feel broken in?

Ballers Inc. Paintball
Cyborg Owners Group
Feedback
Old 12-27-2004, 01:17 PM #11
josh11213

like my borg isnt as consistant as my 03 cocker with a 04 glad on it. and my borg has a higher bolt pressure than others because doesnt pinch paint at all and has some recoil