Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-02-2002, 07:57 PM #1
b1e2m3l4_10075
hiy

has been a member for 10 years
Question Viking on CO2

Hey guys, I currently own a nice impulse and Im considering selling it for a half milled red viking. About how much will that cost? Also, how does the viking run on co2 as compared to n2? Is there any difference? Is there anything I would need to do other then use on/off and anti syphon? Thanks for the help,

Billy
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2002, 10:49 PM #2
s0s0
NSUCK on pbreview

well.. instead of even thinking about running co2 through it.. which is bad for internals, why not just spend an extra 200$ and get a HPA setup? thats like puttin angel air on a tippmann
why why why why why???
AKA Viking 1/2 Milled Black #116

Team: Dead By Dawn
tearnin it up in NoR cal
Old 04-03-2002, 12:14 AM #3
Sully
What Would Charon Do?

You can run the Viking on CO2 w/no problems as long as you use a good in-line regulator (Stabilizer) to keep liquid out of the marker...
Old 04-03-2002, 01:28 AM #4
mr_pollock
Banned

Ahh! And use an anti-siphon tank, or a remote with a non anti-siphon tank! That helps more than the Stabilizer with keeping the juice (liquid) out!
Old 04-03-2002, 01:41 PM #5
I-Man
Canadian Contingent

My buddy Andy runs his Excal on Co2 with a Female Stab. and the stock Sidewinder. Has NO problems whatsoever, no shootdown, no freezing up, no velocity spikes (+/- 2 fps) and has absolutely no reason to switch from Co2. He hasn't reported any problems with "dirty" fills either.

Yes, Co2 isn't perfect, but its advantages far outwiegh its shortcomings and those problems it does have can be easily remedied with a few items (mainly a secondary reg. and an AS). I think Co2 is blamed for far more problems than it really causes. It does have the advantages (especially in my area) of being more readily available than HPA, as many if not more shots per fill than a comparable HPA (alot of good fields still don't have 4500psi fill capability) and damn cheap to fill compared to HPA.

A decent preset HPA system is still (from what I've seen) quite a chunk of change.

Or maybe I'm just poor? Anyways, just MHO.

"I still think we should change Ball Per Second (BPS) to Dollars Per Minute (DPM). That will totally change your view of how fast a marker can shoot." - Have Blue

Last edited by I-Man : 04-03-2002 at 01:44 PM.