Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-23-2004, 08:18 PM #1
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cyborg Weaknesses?

Just curious if you ever had any complaints about your borg.

I don't care if you don't have any complaints, just post if you do.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2004, 08:22 PM #2
MarX

not from me but people dont seem to like the looks of it
then agian they own timmies..
Old 12-23-2004, 08:37 PM #3
josh11213

one i was noticing the other day, the milled holes for the eye are recessed into the body of the gun even when the eyes are in. as soon as you get ball break around the bolt, paint just flows into the hole blocking your eyes, and you are fed. id really like to see some simple inserts made available
Old 12-23-2004, 09:28 PM #4
BEEJ
SEE U AT THE 50

^^^this is true but with a gun that runs at only 50 psi you are going to get very few breaks

Russian Legion Fan # 26
XSV Fan 228
You Just WISH you could keep up with me and my '72 Mach 1, Biatch
Old 12-23-2004, 11:03 PM #5
CoBrA2K3
Bowtie

consumes alot of paint...once u get one u lose all will power and end up buying more mac dev stuff... this is also known as macdevitus
Old 12-23-2004, 11:26 PM #6
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally posted by BEEJ
^^^this is true but with a gun that runs at only 50 psi you are going to get very few breaks
It's not the pressure that matters, it's the force. With a big enough piston, you could chop with 10psi. Although it didn't happen often with my gun, it did happen once in a while.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
Old 12-24-2004, 12:04 AM #7
fragglephil
Fraggles Own Muppets

fragglephil is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by FallNAngel
It's not the pressure that matters, it's the force. With a big enough piston, you could chop with 10psi. Although it didn't happen often with my gun, it did happen once in a while.
yes and the cyborg bolt at 50 psi, is not very much force, you usually pinch granted the rate of fire and depending on brand of paint....

Old FeedBack!

10+
Old 12-24-2004, 06:23 PM #8
Moonshine
Alcoholic

I think the worst Cyborg related problem is emotional decay. I am really starting to feel horrible because I have such an advantage over everyone I play. I guess another problem would be ensuing pity. But I think you can get over that.

My Feedback!
AIM: Muhnshein
SELL ME YOUR TIMMY PARTS
Old 12-24-2004, 07:45 PM #9
metallicafan9182
Speed3

the only thing i don't like about the cyborg, really... is that damn groove in the middle of the gun. when i get hit off the break or something, and i either wipe, slide on gun, or call myself out... i need freakin q-tips to clean it out...

I also don't like all the excess wire in the grip frame, sure it's there for u can pull the grip frame off a bit... but meh'

also don't like the connector onto the noid, it does have more grip by having the thing u push down, but why is it on top? why not on the bottom?

another problem is, after i bought this gun, i find myself having to make too many trips to the pro shop shop w/ a full tank of air... cause i ran outta paint

But in reality, it's a GREAT gun, simple to take care of, very high rate of fire.. the only problem that would bug someone outta big is the stock microswitch, i can understand usuing a switch that heavy so that the cyborg doesn't get the name of a bounce machine like timmys.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:00 PM #10
eTweaK
HK ALL DAY!

eTweaK is a Supporting Member
eTweaK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
My borg really hates Electro Magnetic Pulse. Just flat out kills it =\ Mac dev needs to release lead shields =] Har har...anyway I don't have any complaints...love the sucker to death.
"HK isn't just a team. It's not just a club. It's a life style. It's all about doin' whatever you can just to ball on Sunday with all the guys. It's about havin' a good time, and being orginal. It's about being part of the family.
It's about being a Hostile Kid."
HK.army.com H< Forum
DLX #11
DLX #554
Old 12-27-2004, 01:54 AM #11
curtis_belliveau

curtis_belliveau is a Supporting Member
I've personally seen 3 break for no appearent reason...

That's 3 out of 8 Cyborgs that exist locally...

I've also seen 4 blow out the regulator gauges for no reason...

Personally, I was seriously considering buying one before I saw these problems arise. One of them was a result of an eye error (an unexplainable one). Another was the result of both 'noid and board problems. The appears to be centered around the 'noid but it has not been addressed by a tech yet.

I've also never been impressed with the electronics in them. I feeltheir board limits the sustainable BPS they can acheive. Quite frankly they're a decent medium level gun; They're better then a Shocker but a Viking simply out-preforms them in every aspect.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:55 AM #12
curtis_belliveau

Ohh, by the way, these all belonged to people I know are capable of maintaining their equipment and did so with their Cyborgs. It was not user error.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:58 AM #13
Evil Erik
XPBC.net Factory

Quote:
Originally posted by curtis_belliveau
I've personally

-I've also seen 4 blow out the regulator gauges for no reason...

-I've also never been impressed with the electronics in them. I feeltheir board limits the sustainable BPS they can acheive.

-Quite frankly they're a decent medium level gun; They're better then a Shocker but a Viking simply out-preforms them in every aspect.

first off the reason they blew gauges was a bad o-ring retainer in the 04 gladiators that mac dev has addressed by changing them in to a different design and also offers a free replacement to anyone that has one of these bad reatainers..they replaced mine and they also replaced my gauge for free.

the electronics limit nothing, the board will keep up to any hopper and anyones fingers , thats all that will limit the markers potential.

although i do agree the viking is a great marker it isnt any better then the cyborg , thats only personally opinion from some1 who has a viking..

see you soon curtis
sponsored by: Bastion Paintball
Old 12-27-2004, 05:57 AM #14
myridechanelle
Owned In The Zone

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Erik
first off the reason they blew gauges was a bad o-ring retainer in the 04 gladiators that mac dev has addressed by changing them in to a different design and also offers a free replacement to anyone that has one of these bad reatainers..they replaced mine and they also replaced my gauge for free.

the electronics limit nothing, the board will keep up to any hopper and anyones fingers , thats all that will limit the markers potential.

although i do agree the viking is a great marker it isnt any better then the cyborg , thats only personally opinion from some1 who has a viking..

see you soon curtis
While i was playing yestery, my guage seemed to juss blew. it was at like 500 psi wen the guage goes up to 300. I will probably have to look into replacing the bad retainers but how did u get that free guage?

My Feedback

+32/-0
Old 12-27-2004, 08:26 AM #15
revx

NONE!! I GOT MYSELF A NEW SONIC CYBORG AND MAN I HAVE A DM5 AND RIGHT NOW MY DM5 IT'S MY SECONDARY MARKER. HONESTLY THE MATCHSTICK KIT AND THE SONIC CYBORG KICK ***. IT HAS PRECISION IT'S FAST AND MOST OF ALL I SHOT 8 PODS AND A FULL HALO AND MY 70CI TANK HAD 1200 PSI LEFT!!! THIS IS A MARKER LADIES AND GENTLEMAN A MOST HAVE. THE GUN OF ALL GUNS !!!
Old 12-27-2004, 08:49 AM #16
Berserk

Berserk is a Supporting Member
So far not that much

I don't like all the excess wire in the grip frame.

I don't like the connector onto the noid the push down thingys on top I had to get a tiny allen to push it down.

Other than that it's great.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:16 PM #17
ilikepb

ilikepb is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by revx
NONE!! I GOT MYSELF A NEW SONIC CYBORG AND MAN I HAVE A DM5 AND RIGHT NOW MY DM5 IT'S MY SECONDARY MARKER. HONESTLY THE MATCHSTICK KIT AND THE SONIC CYBORG KICK ***. IT HAS PRECISION IT'S FAST AND MOST OF ALL I SHOT 8 PODS AND A FULL HALO AND MY 70CI TANK HAD 1200 PSI LEFT!!! THIS IS A MARKER LADIES AND GENTLEMAN A MOST HAVE. THE GUN OF ALL GUNS !!!
Old 12-27-2004, 12:33 PM #18
curtis_belliveau

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Erik

see you soon curtis
Accualy, it's an unbiased opinion from someone who looked into buying both a Viking and a Cyborg before coming to a conclusion. I've shot both and I found that in every aspect aside from weight the Viking out preformed the Cyborg.

Also, in theory the electronics would not be a limiter on the marker but observations by me lead me to a different conclusion. I noted that with a Halo B, even in short strings, the Cyborg would pause event when I was pulling the trigger and the hopper was keeping up. In other words: I was pulling the trigger but it wasn't shooting. This is a result of something electronic... Either the board or microswitch is not registering shots.

You also completely forgot to address the issue of several 'Borgs breaking and edited it out of your quotation of me.

Another thing... This is somewhat unrelated to this discussion but none the less is still worth noting. MacDev claim their Cyborg to be capable of 30 BPS+ but there has never been any proof of this claim or anything close to this claim. Vikings and Mags are the only marker to sucessfully acheive 30 BPS...
Old 12-27-2004, 12:39 PM #19
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
My Speed shoots 30 bps (not cps) with a Q-Loader if I set the max rof to 30 and debounce one on my Pred II board. I can actually one finger it and sustain it for as long as I want.

I <3 Pred II.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:48 PM #20
Berserk

Berserk is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by curtis_belliveau

Another thing... This is somewhat unrelated to this discussion but none the less is still worth noting. MacDev claim their Cyborg to be capable of 30 BPS+ but there has never been any proof of this claim or anything close to this claim. Vikings and Mags are the only marker to sucessfully acheive 30 BPS...
http://www.fragtek.com/vids/28cps_cyborg.ASF

28cps
Old 12-27-2004, 12:50 PM #21
curtis_belliveau

CPS... That's a completely different thing my friend...