PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-02-2001, 05:48 PM #1
Drewsquash

has been a member for 10 years
Arrow LCD for 98 Custom

Is there an LCD frame for a Tippmann 98 Custom? If not, are they making one?? Cause one of those on my gun and it's all over!!
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2001, 09:35 PM #2
98customman
go bunker someone

no they dont have a LCD frame that i know of. i hopethey come out w/ one though, maybe i'll write em
48 CU 3000 PSI Pure Energy
10" CP
STO ram- Bullet 3-way- Palmer Micro rock reg.

Last edited by dager : 07-03-2001 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-02-2001, 11:36 PM #3
in trauma
BEEP...BEEP... CLEAR!...

i thouhgt about this along time ago but if you think about it long enough it comes out to hard to make

"Money cant buy skill!"

quote by: Albert Einstein
"Two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity but, im not quite sure about the universe"
Old 07-02-2001, 11:38 PM #4
TeamGoodfelluz

TeamGoodfelluz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You can buy the electonic kit from www.paintballgear.com for $250 but i wouldnt spend the money.
Old 07-03-2001, 01:32 AM #5
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
why would you want a LCD frame? i have one on my angel and i dont use ANY of the functions.. my wife likes to play with the Temp feature but thats about all its worth.. why spend extra money for cosmetics? ah well to each his own.

as for the squid and his posting.. please just ignore people like that.. ill remove the post since its poinless and stupid.. everyone is entitled to an opinion but if it has no relevance to the topic or is an outright flame its ether edited or gone.. thanks guys

-duff

Team ESP
Old 07-04-2001, 10:45 AM #6
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
In order to have an LCD frame to being with, you'd have to get a whole other receiver half. These guns aren't like spyders, angels, bushmasters, etc. And for those with custom paintjobs, they'd be screwed over.

However, overall, an LCD frame, in my book, is nothing more than a waste of space, money, drains battery life, and has no function more than to impress newbies who still think that a little digital readout is actually cool and useful. No offense.

Sorry, but the LCD is the same as the moving back block on the Autococker. It's a little cosmetic that's just there to get a newbie to buy it because it has a moving part that looks cool on the outside, or little numbers on a screen that tell you the declaration of indepencence, etc.

And actually, I don't see why WDP doesn't go back to the Angel LED. I loved that gun, too bad I sold mine. It works just as great as any of these new Angel LCDs that have built in microwaves. Only difference is that it is less fancy, and costs half as much, and doesn't drain battery life as quickly.

But for those who actually believe that an LCD frame has an actual purpose, then be my guest and fall right into the marketing gimmick as they hope you do.

Personally, I'll just tape a digital watch to the side of my gun.
Old 07-05-2001, 12:25 AM #7
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
i wish WDP would make a LED/LCD hybrid.. i love the internals of the LCD but find the screen/board pointless. ah well i got both the LCD and LED and like the LED more.. as for the moving back block on the cocker it actualy dose something.. it re-cocks the gun. without it there is no way for it to work.. i think the LCD screen would be more comparable to a fancy anodize or milling job.. purely cosmetic and serves little to aid in the function of the gun.

-duff

Team ESP