Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-02-2002, 01:53 PM #1
headcase
Me like toys

has been a member for 10 years
Smile Paintballistix Excalibur

Well I decided that money is only money, so I just talked to Mel(actually I don't know who it was, but I assume it was Mel) at Paintballstix and I am now in line to get one of the next run of his custom Excals.

Time line: supposedly the bodies are on the way to him right now, then they have to be assembled, tested, and then shipped......I have my fingers crossed that I'll see it before the month is up.

Color: Pewter first choice, second Gloss Black.

I am a very happy camper........but that will change with the more time I have to wait
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2002, 02:40 PM #2
saiyanpride1869

saiyanpride1869 is a Supporting Member
Yeah the pewter is awesome that's what Mel plays with, you can't go wrong with that color.

Are you getting the PBX milled Excal, or an AKA milled one?

The PBX milled excal is sweet, looks really cool, better than what the pictures show.

Gotta remember that Mel is at the mercy of AKA, his machinist, and the anodizer. If everything flows well, he'll have it in the time line he tells you, but a lot of times, it's the 3rd party people that hold up things.

Anyway, you won't regret getting it from PBX, top notch service, good guys to deal with, and guys who actually play with what they sell.

So if you are around the area, hop in on a game with us.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=507344
Old 04-02-2002, 03:25 PM #3
headcase
Me like toys

It's the going to be a PBX milled one.

I know all about the time lines being screwed up by annodizers and the such, but the way Mel made it sound was that the bodies were done, and on the way back to him to be assembled(he is going to try to get AKA to let him assemble them rather than sending them to AKA to be assembled)

Mel seemed real cool on the phone, hopefully one day I'll get up there to meet him.........maybe the next time I drive home I'll swing by.

Thanx for the offer, but since I currently live in Georgia, Jersey is a bit of a hike for a day of play.
Old 04-04-2002, 12:51 PM #4
WhataSpaz
Slacker 1st. Class

Mel is A God

I purchased one of the first PBX Excal's from Mel at ZAP last year...and let me tell you.....he has the best service after the sale that I have ever seen. Mel will go the extra mile, and then some to keep his customers happy. He knows his stuff.

My next Excal purchase will be from him.

Mad props to Mel and Co.

My Feedback