PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-31-2002, 10:25 PM #1
UPRISE57

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Which Gun?

Well first off, Im a long time reader, first time poster at pbnation.

Now back to buisiness.

Should I get the NEW Shocker with vert feed or the Viking.
Keep in mind I am the back guy for my team.

Alson, is there anyone who can give me all the info on the Viking?
So far I know squat about it's performance and all the vitals.

Please help me mak up my mind.

Old 03-31-2002, 10:44 PM #2
Scout
Paintfeenz 24/7

I have never shot a Viking but I have shot a Shocker. I do not care for Shocker's at all, they have a trigger that feels like it has gum all over the inside and they are extreme Gas hogs. From what I know about AKA and their other products I have owned I would get the Viking. AKA takes pride in making the best in whatever they do and they actually return your emails and phone calls promptly if you have questions or concerns.
my .02$
Old 03-31-2002, 11:00 PM #3
ghidra

Greetings,

I owned a V-sport Turbo shocker and I liked it a bunch.

The stock trigger was non-adjustable, I'm not sure if that was fixed with the newer versions. It was no biggy for me to install an Eclipse Blade trigger which upped my trigger fingers rate of fire. There was some more routine cleaning and lubing needed, but that was maybe 5-10 minutes after a day of play and with that schedule I never had a problem in the 15 cases I put through it before selling.

The biggest drawback for me on the shocker was its size, weight and gas consumption compared to other markers like the Angel or Impulse or B2k.
I highely recommend at least holding one with a tank attached before buying.

I have a Viking now and it is a sweet gun. I wouldn't say there is anything else to get for it except some grips if you care and different barrels if you like that.
It is lighter, has a three way adjustable trigger, and much better gas efficiency.

Both the Maxflo and Sidewinder regs are great in my book. Once I chrono, if the paint is fresh and the weather stays the same it really is set it and forget it kind of deal.

As always your mileage may vary.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:01 PM #4
UPRISE57

But what would you choose if you were a 6'3" large man who plays back for his team, with some members will only feal comfortable with me using an electro gun?
Old 04-01-2002, 07:26 PM #5
splatterpunx

the viking is a electro,your size and position do not matter,the viking is fast,light,quiet,easy on paint etc.

the biggest benifit over the shocker is going to be the extreme efficiency,im not knocking the shocker but everyone knows its a hog

just think of it this way,with a good paint match,some people
are getting well over 1500 shots on a 68 45,imagine if you put a 88 45 on that bad boy,youd have enough air for over a case easily

so when your the last guy on the field and they are comming to take you out and youve shot 10+ pods,as long as youve got paint youll still have air to lay the smack down with

plus viking just sounds tougher
Old 04-01-2002, 07:52 PM #6
UPRISE57

Thank you, that is exactly what I neede to hear.

If there are anymore opinions out there please feel free to post em. I need all the info on the viking as posible.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:55 PM #7
splatterpunx

were in ca are you at? if your nor cal i could arrange a testfire
Old 04-01-2002, 07:56 PM #8
TexasPaintball
Smurf

Viking

I would go with the viking. One of my teammates has a shocker and he spent alot of money getting it the way he likes it. The trigger isnt that great on a shocker so if u get one you will need to get a new trigger and a air assit helps alot also.

Winning by a inch or by a mile winning is winning. Quote from fast and the Furious
Old 04-01-2002, 08:27 PM #9
persistent
I won'y stay down

maintenance

No grease, just a couple drops of oil shoot it and put it up. No need for aftermarket parts
Excal #085

AIM me at thejodus
Old 04-03-2002, 12:37 PM #10
UPRISE57

I am located in the bay area.
San Mateo to be more exact.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:07 PM #11
vvconst

Annual Supporting Member
vvconst is a founding member
a back player is not immobile, in a 5 men game you will have to move. back on subject, i really don't like the shocker because for the amount of money you spent, you just don't get the refinement that you should get. size, efficiency, trigger have all been covered by previous post. so, count this as a vote for the viking.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:25 PM #12
splatterpunx

uprise if you plan on going up to WAP in the next couple week's let me know and i can get one for you to shoot

or if you want to order one from our store i can get you a good price

cheers
Old 04-03-2002, 09:44 PM #13
UPRISE57

How good of a price?
&
for what gun?
Old 04-04-2002, 12:02 PM #14
Eyecare

Eyecare is a Supporting Member
Not rying to make things more difficult but..

If you're considering a Shocker you may also want to look into an Excaliber.
If you're looking at Vikings then Angels, GZ-Timmys and custom LCD Matrix are also good electros to consider.
Kind of depends on where your priorities are. All are good guns though and it really boils down to personal preference in the end.

Pics of my guns

Doc's SP Patent FAQ and related article

Last edited by Eyecare : 04-07-2002 at 05:34 AM.
Old 04-06-2002, 10:42 PM #15
ghost271
Shooting MacDev

ghost271 is a founding member
ghost271 posts videos on PbNation
I dont own a Viking so I can't say anything on that front. However for the Shocker I will say this. You can use CO2. Right of the bat, that saved me a couple hundred bucks. You're a big boy like me, and compared to carrying a C7 (Canadian M-16) all day, the shocker feels like a toy. I run my 20 oz remote and get a good 900-1000 shots out of it. The Shocker is also cheaper. For the money you save you could buy an Eclipse Blade trigger, air assist, and a Freak set . I love my Shocker. It's fast, reliable, and just plain rock and rolls. My cocker now gets used as my back up.

Just putting a fair word in for the Shocker.
-Ronin Cyborg RX #4,Olive 07 Borg,2xBlk 07 Borg,Digi-Cam Droid
-Max'd 'DM3'
-Mint Tippmann .68 Special, 2xLB Nightmare,Nelspot 007
Old 04-06-2002, 10:53 PM #16
Corwin

I owned a Shocker, now own a Excalibur and know enough about AKA to know they made a winner with the Viking. Shocker was a great gun, but it yesterdays news. Yes it will shoot on CO2, but so will a Viking when properly set up. The Vikes trigger system is MUCH better. The Shocker is a major gas hog. You should get at least 1600 balls off a 4.5k 68 with a Viking. Im a big guy too, (6'7" - 285 lbs) but carting a Shocker with a 114 3k got old realy quik. I still like the Shocker, they shoot great, but at this time I gotta give the Viking a BIG thumbs up over a Shocker.