PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-30-2002, 04:54 PM #1
dragun85

has been a member for 10 years
switching from co2 to air

i wanted to upgrade my BD E-1,from co2 to compressed air. I have a 47 ci tank that i got from a friend, but what else do i need to convert it.

-any comments or advise would be appreciated
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2002, 06:06 PM #2
dekere24

the E-1 comes set up to run either air or co2. all you have to do is unscrew your co2 tank and screw in your HP tank and you are ready to rock.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:15 AM #3
dragun85

im wondering that if i need to replace the old regulator or get another one, because ive haerd there not the best.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:17 AM #4
mr_pollock
Banned

You don't have to replace the regulator, but it is recommended.... If you are going to, either get a Sidewinder, Palmer's Stabilizer or the Bob Long Torpedo. All run great with C02 and Nitrogen.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:25 AM #5
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Take away the crappy stock regulator and electronic trigger and the Black Dragun is essentially the same thing as a circa 1992 Spyder, which is a good thing, as it means that it's not finicky at all about what kind of gas or what pressure you feed it. Screw a prest nitro system right into the vertical adapter if you want, it's fine for the Dragon. An upscale aftermarket regulator might make for a nice handgrip and boost your velocity consistency, but it's not going to help your rate of fire and unless you fiddle with the valve and hammer spring tension, and it probably wouldn't make the gun any more efficient either. Face it people, the Black Dragun simply isn't a complex-valved gun like a Matrix, Angel, or even an Autococker, so feeding it well-regulated low pressure gas is nice, but not at all necissary. The only real reason you ought to get a better regulator is so that you can adjust its pressure to fine tune your velocity.
Old 04-12-2002, 10:11 AM #6
time2kil
futbol ftw

Inflicted- I like the black dragun cause it's ez to maintain, simple in design, and w/ only a few uppers it's a great gun. I think we all know what a black dragun is and what it's not.