Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-23-2007, 08:42 PM #85
Lite_em_up
wHaT eVeRs ClEvEr

well its fine to have your own opinion and i dont want to sound like an *** or anything but your wrong, its been proven that the paint will not spin
Lite_em_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2007, 08:07 PM #86
Dapper Dan

[quote=SpyderPride;29957858]All the incorrect information here is killing me...

1) AIMING!!! YOU are the #1 determining factor in how accurately you shoot.

Best answer on this topic. HANDS DOWN.

I've been playing Ball for longer than i can remember and have used all types of markers and barrels. It all comes down to aiming. you could have the "super deluxe awesome-ness barrel" and some guy with a tippmann stock barrel (if he has put in the target practice of course) will beat you. It all comes down to preference, everyone is different in shooting technique and therefore will get different results from different guns and barrels. Like my friend and I for example. we both got stiffis for our a5's. he loves his, and i sold mine for a lapco after my first game with it. once again..... barrels are all about preference, and accuracy is all about how much time you have taken to get to know your gun and what it is capable of doing at various ranges.
Dapper Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:40 PM #87
Lite_em_up
wHaT eVeRs ClEvEr

this is true ^^^^^ but a gun that shoots straight helps alittle dont ya think lol
Old 07-13-2007, 10:25 PM #88
wgpballer5
Cannabis Corpse

wgpballer5 supports Team VICIOUS
For The Last Time Anything 16+ Inches Just Wastes Air! I Am So Sick Of Saying This. No Matter What People Tell You, Its The Paint To Bore Match That Decides Accuracy And Distance!

wgpballer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:57 PM #89
iday10
Insane in the Membrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgpballer5 View Post
For The Last Time Anything 16+ Inches Just Wastes Air! I Am So Sick Of Saying This. No Matter What People Tell You, Its The Paint To Bore Match That Decides Accuracy And Distance!

Hate to rain on you parade of computer smashing, but the quality of the microhoning counts more than PTBM (EXAMPLE: CP classic barrel with a perfect PTBM will lose to an stiffi-UL-Lucky15-Orbium3 with a bad one)

Distance is determined by velocity, not PTBM. (Although a good PTBM will increase efficiency)
iday10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:33 AM #90
Rebelyell
GO WOLFPACK!!

[quote=Dapper Dan;35625376]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPride View Post
All the incorrect information here is killing me...

1) AIMING!!! YOU are the #1 determining factor in how accurately you shoot.

Best answer on this topic. HANDS DOWN.

I've been playing Ball for longer than i can remember and have used all types of markers and barrels. It all comes down to aiming. you could have the "super deluxe awesome-ness barrel" and some guy with a tippmann stock barrel (if he has put in the target practice of course) will beat you. It all comes down to preference, everyone is different in shooting technique and therefore will get different results from different guns and barrels. Like my friend and I for example. we both got stiffis for our a5's. he loves his, and i sold mine for a lapco after my first game with it. once again..... barrels are all about preference, and accuracy is all about how much time you have taken to get to know your gun and what it is capable of doing at various ranges.
i agree you got to get good with your gun before any barrel is accurate.
SP ION -Freak barrel kit with AA tip - T board with dye pad - JDMOTO eyes - Warrior trigger and feed neck - shocktech off/on - Empire reloader b clear blue- sp 360 qev - Pure energy 68/4500 hp tank with NXE tank cover

FEEDBACK EBAYFeedback
aa tip FST a5 for sale
Rebelyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:34 PM #91
Psycholightning
The Berenstein Bears

12" or 16", which would be better?
Psycholightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:35 PM #92
Lite_em_up
wHaT eVeRs ClEvEr

meet in the middle go 14

and to the argument above it is the honing that decides accuracy, which is why a dye UL ( best micro honing i think) can shoot just as good as a good ptbm with a pipe kit or sumthin thats why ppl dont need to buy alot of backs for UL's u buy a ll over bore and ur fine like u shoot alot of small paint u go with the 85 back u shoot everything u go 89 or 92

Last edited by Lite_em_up : 07-17-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:43 AM #93
monkey530

do people tape the port holes on their barrels? What does that do? does it make it more efficient but also louder?
monkey530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:54 AM #94
fishwiz4
wheeew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoSkyZ View Post
You should not have a problem with fronts. IE aa front in a freak back will fit, and all inserts will fit in the aa and the freak. You need to make sure the back will fit your gun, and it is threaded correctly. I don't think they make tippman threading, but they do make tippman to cocker conversions...i would get one of these if you want a freak.....understand?
they do make the freak with A5 threads. i have one (freak jr.)

-A5 (E-Gripped)
-Flatline
-88/4500HPA
-drop forward
fishwiz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:26 PM #95
Sly NXT44

so u want the paint ball to get stuc,k . and then u blow with ease and it should come out? cuz i was reading and it said .689-691 and they paint i was using was fairly old and it seemed a perfect match with a 6.87 and after a shot a full hopper alothough the bore was smaller it still had no chops- it had real good acc.

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|||__
|--- Nxts Ftw ---- |||| '|";\_
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|...,_l
"(@)'(@)""""''' |(@ )(@ ) ````(@)

Last edited by Sly NXT44 : 11-18-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Sly NXT44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:30 PM #96
bounty

Quote:
there was an article in apg that was done by air gun designs called spinning paintballs. it came down to that a paintball cannot be spun in a barrle by the porting, but even if it was it would only be the shell spinnging not the actuall mass inside the shell, the mass would remain in position as the shell spins, meaning no increased accuracy.
they'd probably be crazy expensive to manufacture, but if you had the ball separated into like 8 quadrants, all quadrants corners starting center mass (think of a 3D graph with 0,0,0 in the exact center), I bet the ball would truly spin, and it would improve accuracy.

Last edited by bounty : 11-27-2007 at 04:40 PM.
bounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:31 PM #97
sameteam neck shot

all that info is pretty sweet. what paint would be best for a Flatline barrel, BT M16 Apex, or stock 20th Ed. 98 Custom? when i say best, I mean like minimal chopping and just best all around/overall.
thanks

Celebrity Memorabilia
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2391892
sameteam neck shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 PM #98
paintballbirdie

ok i can definetely tell you i learned a lot by reading this. except what is the perfect barrel set up. I have a shocker and i think i narrowed it down to a lucky 15 kit, dye ul, and a dw whisper with freak inserts. Thank you if anyone answers this. I am gonna go lay down cause i got flashburned earlier today and my eyes feel like they are bleeding.
paintballbirdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:15 AM #99
snotshooter
Moose Gore

I play hyper and air ball. Hyper ball gets the 12'" barrel. Air gets the 14".
Old 01-30-2008, 07:41 PM #100
PBallerlegend
You can always be beat.

You might think im an idiot after you read this but I dont care. People are saying that any more than 11inches will cause drag. Well imagine a shocker nxt with a NEVER ENDING BARREL and no port holes on it. When the marker is fired the gas propels the paintball and the paintball icreases in speed until the gas evens out in the barrel and the paintball start decreasing in speed due to friction and the fact that there is no more gas propeling it. well the ideal length of the barrel would be at the immediate piont the ball reaches its top speed so there is no more drag caused by the barrel. So if the input gas is turned up it would take a longer barrel to increase the paintball to its maximum speed otherwise the gas would disperse before it reached it. So if im right the perfect lenght barrel would only be perfect if your input pressure was set according to the length of the barrel. Tell me if im wrong im not an expert or anything.

Originally Posted by android17ak47
You know your addicted to paintball when, someone passes out on the feild, you run up to him and somebody yells to you "check to see if he has a pulse", and you reply, " No he doesnt, he has a vlocity".
PBallerlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:52 PM #101
schecter88 (Banned)

Honestly, it's a paintball, even paintballs out of the same box are different sizes, none are perfectly round, and few fly anywhere near where you want. Best thing to do is shoot a lot of them and stop worrying about being Mr. Sniper.
schecter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:04 PM #102
adamnewff
CaNt ToUcH DiS

adamnewff plays in the PSP
when you switch barrels on a gun you need to adjust the velocity for sure...its always diffrent ..the main factos in chrongraphing is bore to paint match..you cant get consistant velocity with **** paint

i play front on a pro team and i use a 16.5 inch 1peice i think that i can push into bunkers and use it to my advantage...were a 12 or 14 im pushing more into the bunker with my knuckels/frontreg..then im shootin balls of the bunkers..but if you use a 16 or 18 you can push so hard into that bunker that it sucks in your barrel and your soo tight were ver you can do that
adamnewff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:43 AM #103
friendlyfire2231

question???

I have a question...im new to paintball and i just purchased my first gun (a spyder TL-R) but I want to buy another barrel from my friend which is a 2006 Smart Parts Progressive Barrel. I want to make sure it fits my gun before i buy it.Do all barrels fit on any gun???
friendlyfire2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:51 PM #104
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
Easy answer to that one friendlyfire2231, NO.

There are four or five different types of 'barrel threads' so don't buy the barrel until you see if it fits on your gun. If you told us the gun your friend had that did fit the barrel we could answer your question up front.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:27 AM #105
vvvgg

Why do we match paint to the back part of a barrel bore size and not to the front bore size? Right after a paintball shot (when itís in the back part of the barrel) itís shape is distorted so a perfect paint to back bore size match can lead to a paintball break. But when a paintball moves to the front part of the barrel its shape becomes more like original and round and thatís when a good paint to barrel bore size match is more important. Isnít it?
vvvgg is offline   Reply With Quote