Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-29-2002, 03:04 PM #1
impyslayer
Im Throwed

impyslayer is a founding member
impyslayer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
impyslayer is for the Gunfight
finally figured out where to tap for air assist

i was sitting in skool the other day bored (again)
so i got to thinking about where u could tap and impulse for air assist,i was thinking on the right side of the gun behind the little screw thats already there but up just a little bit so that u tap into the chamber that holds the hammer,if you tap the hole towards the back part of the hammer (in between the far spaced o-rings)
then every trigger pull when the noid puts air to the hammer u will get a poof of air, now all u need to do is mod the feedneck for the hose,also this would increase the operateing preasure a few psi but thats no biggie
i think somebody with a spare imp body should try this jus to see if it works.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2002, 04:09 PM #2
GOD jr.
GOD has spoken!

has been a member for 10 years
If you steal air from your hammer, you will have to crank your dwell to get the gun to fire. I think it will make it incosistant on you also if you take air from there. If you want air every time you fire, drill and tap the little silver plug under your grip frame that holds the valve body in. This will take air from the main valve when you fire instead. Then run the hose out one of the notches in the side of the frame to your hopper. Never tried it but just a thought.
Old 03-29-2002, 04:11 PM #3
The Cuban
Siempre Empingao

that wouldn't work unless you don't plan on having the ram actuate. the only real possibly place would be from the exhaust from the solenoid.
Old 03-29-2002, 04:16 PM #4
GOD jr.
GOD has spoken!

Thought about that to cuban and if you took a little hose, and placed it in the groove infront and under the front of the solenoid, and then tighten down the solenoid to o hold the hose in place it would use the exhaust. Think it would be enough air though???
Old 03-29-2002, 04:33 PM #5
Impy4335
God loves YOU

your idea won't work, the solenoid hods the hammer back with air, not just a small puff when needed (anyway, thats why my local tech told me) so it would be leaking air all the time. The only way for AA on an Imp is to drill and tap your solenoid in some spot, dome other guy did it
Old 03-29-2002, 04:56 PM #6
Scuzz-Bubbles
Team -=-NF Knockouts-=-

Ya, it won't work. The exhaust isn't made for air assist. If you see how it is done on the shocker, you can see why.

Scott
Old 03-29-2002, 05:45 PM #7
GOD jr.
GOD has spoken!

Ya I didn't think the exhaust would be enough, I was just suggesting a easy way the get the exhaust air. I think I would stay away from the solenoid air all together, you'd have to run alot of dwell to make up for it, and risk starving it(reason the VFF was invented remember). I'd try to take it from the main valve instead, alot more volume there.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:21 PM #8
Impy4335
God loves YOU

well, kinda off topic, but on a cocker, you could run a hose from teh front of the 3 way, and that would do it, for a main valve area AA on an Impy, you would need another soenoid to push air only when the gun was fired, so it would get pricy, why not jjust take off your hopper, and push the balls down yourself?
Old 03-29-2002, 10:02 PM #9
Larry@IOG

Re: finally figured out where to tap for air assist

Quote:
Originally posted by impyslayer
also this would increase the operateing preasure a few psi but thats no biggie

And the Air assit would help HOW?
Listen guys something for reference here. On the Angel LED the air assit did help. Do you wanna know why? The bolt was to small to pull a good vacaum on the ball's in the feedtube. Guess what WDP did with the LCd they enlarged the size of the bolt. So the end result was It was WASTELESS on a LCD

Larry
Old 03-29-2002, 10:20 PM #10
GOD jr.
GOD has spoken!

I have no plans at of doing this mod, could not be bothered. I'm just making suggestions for anyone who does. To each there own, if people want to play let them, they bought it they have the right to break it