Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally posted by acidrain
Thought you weren't supposed to lube noids. According to Steve and Greg, even 1 drop of oil on the ram will make it's way to the noid and ruin it.
Then they're more than likely smoking something. Too much oil getting to the solenoid and flooding it? Sure, that'll be a temporary problem. But if it were that big of a deal:
A) you couldn't oil E-Cockers, Viking, Excals or Angels... all of which are primarily oil maintenance guns
B) you couldn't oil regs that require oiling (such as Sidewinders) on guns with solenoids.

Quote:
Originally posted by acidrain
I've never bought into that idea, but you wouldn't believe how many times I've been scolded for using oil on "thier" markers.
Now that doesn't mean that you *should* use oil. Some markers are grease based and some are oil based for maintenance. If a marker is greased based, you should generally use grease, not oil and vice versa.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement