Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-07-2004, 05:36 PM #1
calmiller (Banned)

calmiller is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Freestyle Leak

I just picked up a gen. 2 freestyle w/ HE bolt and theres a very tiny leak down the barrel. I set my HPR to 300ish, and I was just playing around with my LPR, some where inbetween where it doesn't leak down the barrel loudly, and the noid isn't bleeding. What do you think the problem could be? Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2004, 05:40 PM #2
Emenresu

bad oring or it need lubing probaly
Old 12-07-2004, 05:40 PM #3
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)

power tube tip oring
valve pin oring
regs are low/not spotted good
Old 12-07-2004, 05:57 PM #4
calmiller (Banned)

I took out that screw on the back of the gun to acess the bolt, but the back part wont come off. It seems stuck.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:29 PM #5
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
push from the front with a swab or dowel rod
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
Old 12-07-2004, 06:40 PM #6
steveicd
long live capt kirk

Turn your hpr up to 350 or so and lube.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:43 PM #7
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by calmiller
I took out that screw on the back of the gun to acess the bolt, but the back part wont come off. It seems stuck.
might need to loosen the closest frame screw to the rear block
Old 12-07-2004, 06:46 PM #8
calmiller (Banned)

Well I got the bolt out, just looked at the o rings, wiped em off a bit, I don't have any lube right now so i couldn't lube them. Put it back together, air it up and no leaks. So I go outside, set the HPR to 350ish. The lpr is really picky or something, because its very hard to get it to cock and not to get the noid to bleed. Well I finally got the LPR set so it would cock and it wouldn't bleed, then im shooting and im getting reaaally velocity spikes or something. Sometimes there rolling out, other times its shooting blazing hot. idk what could be wrong...
Old 12-07-2004, 06:54 PM #9
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)

i have posted a million times..w.ell not a million

the lpr is super sensitive use real small adjustments

shouldnt be more than 10-20 minutes of tuning
Old 12-07-2004, 07:04 PM #10
calmiller (Banned)

Ok, my HPR is set at about 350, probably a little bit more. For the LPR, I back it until I hear the noid venting. Then I turn it THE SLIGHTEST AMOUT, just so it will stop venting. I shoot, and one ball will make it out the barrel, the other will roll.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:13 PM #11
calmiller (Banned)

Its literally, every other one. I shoot, it rolls, I shoot again, it shoots really hot.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:24 PM #12
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)

keep playing with the regs, the FS doesnt use the back off from leak/venting adjustment method
Old 12-07-2004, 07:27 PM #13
calmiller (Banned)

I've been playing with them, I think something must be wrong with the bolt. If I put the HPR at anything under 350, the bolt wont even cock, no matter where my LPR is at. I can't get it to cock with out the noid venting. Im considering just sending it in before something worse happens. Also, the PDS doesn't work, but thats the least of my worries currently.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:59 PM #14
haxxorboi
Freestyle Balla

hmmm... sounds like kind of stuff that happened to mine...got mine all fixed up though...

my FS has a VERY small leak down the breech... honesty I think almost all guns have that... it's VERY small, but it can be heard if you put your ear near the breech. I replaced ALL the orings in the bolt/valve/manifold, so I think it's just normal... dunno...

PDS may be messed cause you are either turning the gun on with your trigger pressed.. that deactivates PDS. Or your wires could be pinched... might check that...

when you're breaking in your FS, it's gonna be a bit picky, just be patient with it, it works out it's bugs. Takes about a tank or 2 dryfiring to break them in...

I set my FS regs by turning the HPR to 300-350, then turn the LPR til it starts venting out the solenoid and turn it back about 3/4 - 1 turn back out.

Come to think of it, maybe your LPR is too high.... if it's too high the solenoid vents (air comes out the back of the gun) if that isn't it... call ICD tomorrow
Old 12-07-2004, 10:25 PM #15
calmiller (Banned)

I'll probably try replacing all the orings, even though it doesn't leak down the breech anymore.

I am holding down the trigger, but that is so I can deactivate PDS. When it is activated, the gun doesn't shoot at all, regardless if a ball is in the breech. And I know it isn't roll back because I tried sticking my finger in and it wouldn't shoot, also I tried the ball in all different positions in the breech.

The problem with the regs is..

I set the HPR to 350ish

Then, I try to set the LPR. I back it until it vents, then turn it just until it stops leaking. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THE GUN WILL COCK AND NOT LEAK. This is why I think this is more of a matter of something wrong in the bolt/gun than me not setting the regs correctly.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:45 PM #16
haxxorboi
Freestyle Balla

hmmm... could be... dunno, sounds weird. If the leak isn't there anymore you don't really need to replace the orings... Make sure to check the 2 orings in the manifold though, when you take you backblock off for the first time it suctions them and I actually sliced mine in half...

couldn't figure out why it didn't hold air... I was wondering where that lil piece of oring came from DOH

Check the eyes for the PDS, make sure no wires are pinched... make sure the eyes are clean too

Probably should call ICD tomorrow though, just to check with Steve or Greg
Old 12-08-2004, 10:40 AM #17
tdbeez

i had a very similar problem-- this is part of the thread i started a few days ago:

"as i stated above, the gun didn't work at first. it wouldnt shoot a steady stream no matter where i set the regs. 260fps, 140fps, 182fps, 290fps, 110fps, etc... i took the bolt assembly out and was really surprised how difficult it was to manually cycle the bolt. i would push and pull on it and it was not a smooth acton at all. i figured this had to be my problem. i finally got the valve pin out without scratching it and then i had a 20 minute battle with that %$#@!()&#@-ing o-ring. i replaced it and lubed it and the delrin piece on the valve(?) VERY good. put the assembly back together and immediately felt a difference. although not super smooth like my Evolve kit, it was still a definite improvement. put gun back together and adjusted the regs and everything was fine. i played with the gun today and found that if i keep the velocity below 290fps there is a noticeable drop in the amount of kick produced. i chopped one ball(eyes off--dont ask) out of about 1600. HPR was set between 340-360psi- FPS was 275-295. no double feeds with the HALO and yes it IS just as accurate as any gun with good paint/barrel match. i paid $750 and i do believe i got my moneys worth "

in other words i changed the valve pin o-ring because that is what was causing the bolt to drag. i put LOTS of lube around the o-ring and inside the delrin piece of the valve. seems to have fixed my problem. i spent an hour and a half trying to adjust regs 800 different ways to no avail. So, just relube that section first and see what happens. set HPR to 350psi and then set lpr w/o a hopper on it. look down the feedneck and watch the bolt. if LPR is too low the bolt will not cycle all the way to the rearward position OR it will do it slowly. turn it up until it it cycles very quickly forward AND back. go to the chrony and then adjust for FPS. i did this one ball at a time until i became comfortable that i had the regs in the right spot.(no hopper)
04 Gen 2 Freestyle NOX
09 ECLIPSE EGO , blacked out
09 INVERT MINI, steel blue
Old 12-08-2004, 04:09 PM #18
calmiller (Banned)

Thanks man, how did you get that pin valve thing out? Also, do you have HE bolt? And what kinda lube were you using?