PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-01-2001, 01:37 AM #1
SenorFartman

has been a member for 10 years
unannoed excals, please help quick

i just ordered an unannoed swirl excal and i was under the impression that it meant it came with a matte black finish like stock cockers do from WGP. Eileen is saying through the store that it means its just a raw body that can be annoed later. but every excal i've seen has been matte black except 2. please help
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2001, 07:57 AM #2
Sparrow

Well, unanodized is unanodized. I would think that would just be the raw aluminum, I ordered mine unanodized. The stock cockers are anodized, its just black.

I would still stay with the unanodized model, and get a custom color from somewhere. I had my done with blue and clear lines, and I like it much better than standard black. For me, I wasn't going to spend that much money and not get something custom. I had P.K. do it and they are really too expensive now, I would try somewhere else. They do good work and I got it back in about 2 weeks, but I had to pay for it.

As you probably have already read, if you go with the black ano from AKA, its the hard industrial anodizing.

jt
Old 07-01-2001, 07:07 PM #3
MiniBubba

I bought an raw unnanodized body. I didn't realize it would come in the condition it did. By raw they really do mean raw... it had many scratches and knicks on the body. I polished the gun for atleast 5 hours in total but I could only get rid of the lighter scratches and imperfections. Hopefully they won't be too visible after the anodizing. I posted some pics of it in the picture thread. Its been milled a bit as well.
Old 07-01-2001, 08:26 PM #4
Sparrow

Minibubba,

Thats almost just like mine? Hmmm?

I did the milling myself, I read where G3pb did yours, how much did they charge? I see where he didn't touch the main tubes, me either. This was my first Excal and I didn't want to screw it up.

If you get anything other than a single color on the ano it will really hide the milling. You can see before and after pics of my gun and the ano does hide a good amount of the milling. I did know this, but I really like the lines.

So what color(s) are you going with?

jt
Old 07-01-2001, 09:22 PM #5
MiniBubba

I sent you an e-mail in response to the one you sent to me but I thought I would reply here so that everyone would know what is going on (although I doubt anyone really cares). When I sent my body to G3 I sent them a few pictures of patters I would like. I told Jeremy to do whatever he wants and to be creative. So when I got my body back it looked like that... It is very similar to yours its basically the same without the steps on the sight rail and without the swords everywhere. Hope your not upset. I plan on getting a silver to black fade with reverse brushstrokes.
Old 07-01-2001, 10:15 PM #6
Sparrow

Upset! of course not!!!!

Upset! Not at all! what's the saying, "copying is the best form of flattery.." something like that.

No not at all, it was just funny seeing some of the same things.

I wish you would have sent be an email before you had it done. Since I did it myself, I have other ideas that would have been better. And after seeing my gun anodized, I would have done some other things different.

I could have done a few things different, oh well. I like what I have.

Send me a pic when you get to anodized.

My personal email address is thomley@earthlink.net

jt