PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-06-2004, 03:32 PM #1
rocknryan19

questions on 98 custom

I was thinking about putting nitrogen or compressed on my 98 custom and i was thinking about putting a regulator on it even though i don't need it. I know i will need a vertical adapter first but can i then just by any regulator and it will fit? and if i ran out of nitrogen while i'm playing could i screw in my old co2 tank and run it through my regulator without it hurting it or my gun?
thank and if u have any good sites that i can find a tank or regulator for cheap plz share thank you
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2004, 03:48 PM #2
ang.1

has been a member for 10 years
if u get a reg w/o getting the LPK make sure to get a High Pressure Output reg because most regs won't output more than around 700 psi and your gun runs at around 800? not sure about how much psi it takes but its pretty high but im not too sure on which regs output passed 700 besides the Palmer's Stabilizers but they're pretty pricey around the 80-90 dollar range
Old 12-06-2004, 06:15 PM #3
sfenix

sfenix is a Supporting Member
there's really no point in buying a secondary regulator for your 98 if you aren't using the low-pressure kit. and yes, you can run CO2 on the gun, but why would you? will you really be carrying CO2 on the field with you in addition to your nitro tank?
Old 12-06-2004, 06:16 PM #4
ANVIL

Palmer stabalizer.

Works at high pressure and is HPA and CO2 compatible.

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/online...stabilizer.htm

They are the shizzy!!
Old 12-06-2004, 06:49 PM #5
wakeboard06
*ION*

Well hes probably playin woodsball, and dosen't wanna run back in town to fill his N2... So if he ran out of N2, he could just switch directly to Co2...

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" -PPS-
AOL - Snowboarder52430
ICQ - 222301454
~Feed Back~
Old 12-07-2004, 06:18 AM #6
Xnuke
Banned

You do need to make sure the regulator will adjust to the pressure you need. 700 psi should be OK. Question is; if you're not going to use it,why?
The CP reg is a decent reg for the price. AKA is better but costs more.
http://www.shorepaintballsupplies.com/regulators1.html
Old 12-07-2004, 04:05 PM #7
ang.1

Quote:
Originally posted by Xnuke
You do need to make sure the regulator will adjust to the pressure you need. 700 psi should be OK. Question is; if you're not going to use it,why?
The CP reg is a decent reg for the price. AKA is better but costs more.
http://www.shorepaintballsupplies.com/regulators1.html
i dont really understand wat u meant, but AKA is better but he asked if he can use co2 with it and u cannot use co2 with an AKA regulator

AKA regs wont even work on a tippmann unless he has an LPK because AKA is low pressure experts not high...
Old 12-07-2004, 04:17 PM #8
sfenix

sfenix is a Supporting Member
The point is, there is very little point in using a regulator on a non-LP Model 98. My advice is to just go with a high output nitro tank, in addition, you can still use the CO2. The Nitro outputs around 850psi and the CO2 will vary with the weather between 600-900psi.

Tippmann's are designed for this and will be fine. If it required a consistent input, it would say that on the box.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:42 PM #9
Xnuke
Banned

The AKA is adjustable from 0-700 psig so it is OK to use on the Tippmann if he uses air.
If he is not going to use it to adjust pressure then using CO2 won't matter.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:06 PM #10
ang.1

i wasnt aware that the sidewinder had an output up to 700 since the 2liter is up to 350
Old 12-07-2004, 09:40 PM #11
paint me gone
pull in your foot dummy

waste money

if you use air put the money into another nitro tank because the reg is a waste of money unless you put a low pressure kit on it. 45 ducks are cheaper than most regs and if you are playing any outlaw you will have spare air+a very consistant marker.tippys work great on co2 and just go about perfect on nitro.I use 20 oz co2s when i play long scenarios because i get more shots and don,t have to walk for air as much.get 200 more shots with these than my 68 nitro bottle.cold weather or shorter walk on games i go nitro.If you must increase the wieght of your marker and run both gas and air the palmer can't be beat but you will see no differance in consistancy.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:50 PM #12
paint me gone
pull in your foot dummy

air

oh ya it is not a good idea to switch during a game to a differant system.if you crono the marker on nitro and it is 80 degrees out and you switch to co2 during the game you fps will jump way up and be dangerous.always chrono when switching tanks even if it is nitro to nitro because every preset is a little differant from reg to reg.also co2 exspands in the marker differant than air so even if it has a reg the velocity will change if you switch from air to co2 which can be painfull to your opponent.