PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-06-2004, 01:49 PM #1
more ppl 2 pwn
i run from guns

shaving your 98c

i saw that on k&p customs 98c that the sights and the "tippmann" were shaved off. how do you so that and can you screw it up? or do u just cut away until you liike it?

www.freewebs.com/pbrusty
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2004, 03:52 PM #2
ang.1

has been a member for 10 years
well to take off the rear on mine, i just took a saw forgot which saw the one that cuts metal... and i cut the rear site off above where u put in the screw and then i used a metal file and filed it down then took some sand paper to it, started with 150 then 220 and so on til it was smooth

as for the letters, i had a rotary grinder and it was my first time using it cuz it was out of the box so i wasnt sure how strong it was... boy i put some gashes in there... nothing a little bondo some paint and a few stickers couldnt fix though!
Old 12-06-2004, 06:11 PM #3
ANVIL

Uugh,.

get a dremel tool,. preferrably one that plugs in to an outlet (I have been having TONS of problems with my lithium battry ones) and use that to GENTLY grind down the lettering. Gently is the key word. Take your time and do a good job.

And for the love of gawd don't hack at it with a rotary grinder like some people. Unless you WANT to have to bondo your gun!
Old 12-07-2004, 04:11 PM #4
ang.1

hey! it wouldve worked if only i had practiced a bit! o well my gun looks fine now
Old 12-08-2004, 06:02 PM #5
NDbackplaya44
new gun fund 600/600

You could possibly mess up your gun. http://www.model98.net/mod11.html Will tell you how to do this.

"He's in the christmas tree!"

"Ref, check the bunny!"

"Alright, off the break, I want you to go for the pumpkin on the fifty. I'll be covering you from the Santa."

quote by teaKnikal
Old 12-10-2004, 01:34 AM #6
DEMAG
Got Talked Into Cole Slaw

DEMAG is a Supporting Member
i used a medium coarse file to get the majority off then used a dremel sander attachment in fine grit to finish it off, used the fine grit attachment to get the majority of the paint off then used this thing my mom has which is a sponge that has super long lasting a medium grit sandpaper attached to the outside of it, worked good at smoothing it out, then uses some high strength paint stripper to get the paint off the grips and from around the elbow mount, polished with some steel wool. primed and ready to paint.
+10 -0