PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 01:47 AM #1
JungleBird

quick question

I justbought draxxas midnight paint from a local paintball store. The guy from dynasty Angle Frangoza sold me paint that was really small but didnt notice untill acouple minutes ago and im planed to go paintballing tommrow. I put the paint down my barrel and falls right out . I can see all around the paint and the light at the end of the barrel from all sides. What shoudli do. On the internet it says its a medium bore size(.689-.691). I tried it with my stock 98 barrel and my empire twister and a 14 and 16 inch boomy.thanks alot
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2004, 11:46 AM #2
SmittyIsGod
If I said it, its true.

Have you actually tried shooting the paint yet. I'd at least try it before I got all emotional over the fact that the paint might be too small for your barrel.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:49 AM #3
therealmr
\\\\\ i go on walks /////

therealmr is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
therealmr is reppin' sidebar 4 life
If it is too small, you'll notice some velocity problems and maybe a little bit of 'un-accuracy' If you want, you can try and return the paint --- whatever bags you haven't shot

-Therealmr

I want to be remembered for the
people I helped make memorable;
personal success is overrated if it
doesn't help everyone's progress.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:11 PM #4
ang.1

i dont think it will make THAT much of a difference
Old 12-05-2004, 12:33 PM #5
nightkastforlife1988
honyocker

ya definately try to shoot it before you start crying
Old 12-05-2004, 01:25 PM #6
ang.1

it usually swells a bit when u get to the field
Old 12-05-2004, 04:14 PM #7
silver_nations
Justice Is Done!

silver_nations is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ang.1

Old 12-05-2004, 11:28 PM #8
TX-Drifter
Get 'er Done!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ang.1

only on a humid day. and hot as well.

dude if its falling out of the barrel, then you got problems with your paint to bore match. you should be able to take off your barrel and stick a ball in there and it should fit snug. the only way for it to come out would be to blow it out . if it blows out, then your ok , if not the barrel is too small for the paint.

....WHERE CAN I FIND A VERTICAL FEED
Old 12-06-2004, 12:52 AM #9
JungleBird

yea i went and the paint was decent on my barrel but i no it could have been better(since my barrel is a a empire twister and has to fit snug to get the full performance of the rifling)when you by paint its supposed to fit snug tho right? I didnt see much velocity problems sincei had nitro and usually stayed at the same fps. What are some good paint sized i could try since i only have a 1 piece barrel and dont plan on getitng a kit. I like things cheap so under 50$ a case.
thanks

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=999605
Old 12-06-2004, 03:57 PM #10
ang.1

yea well i live in mississippi so i assumed... its always hot and humid here... it was 80 friggin degrees and its DECEMBER!
Old 12-06-2004, 04:05 PM #11
TX-Drifter
Get 'er Done!!!!

lol.....i live in southern texas...thats normal weather. WE've got two seasons down here. Summer and Spring.

in response to jungle......

Hey buddy , im not trying to be mean or anything. But rifling of the barrel for a marker doesnt do anything. i suggest you either sell that barrel and get a freak , or maybe a teardrop, all-american, or progressive. Rifling has no effect on paintballs. You do want to get porting though. porting ensures that the pressure behind the ball doesnt go around the ball to create turbulence. it results in better accuracy all around. Also......

for the paint part of the question......

i ended up finding out what bore size your barrel is . Empire states that it is a med bore, meaning somewhere between .688-.691. This means that the paint you want has to be a medium grade bore ( between .688 - .691). Most paint manufacturers sell medium bore paint so find out what you want for a the price you want it at , and buy it. Although accuracy is not effected whether or not you have cheap or expensive paint, your paint's durability and breakage points will change. The more expensive the paint the better quality. The less expensive paint the less consistency of roundness per case.

hope that helped.....

p.s.... dont buy any barrel longer than 14" and less than 10"

a good size is between 12" and 14". you can get a 10", but only if you like speed ball. It takes 10 inches for a ball to reach a constant velocity. The extra 2 or 4 inches is dependant on your preferance of accuracy.

more length = more air usage and better accuracy

less length = less air usage and poorer accuracy

NG Army

Last edited by TX-Drifter : 12-06-2004 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:10 PM #12
paintballer331
FISH

paintballer331 is a Supporting Member
paintballer331 plays in the PSP
paintballer331 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
paintballer331 plays in the APPA D3 division
i feel so complete...
I have 4 seasons winter, spring, fall, summer.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:42 PM #13
JungleBird

Quote:
Hey buddy , im not trying to be mean or anything. But rifling of the barrel for a marker doesnt do anything. i suggest you either sell that barrel and get a freak , or maybe a teardrop, all-american, or progressive. Rifling has no effect on paintballs.

so you saying that a empire twister is worse than those barrels you named and that they lied and it doesnt make it more accurate according to tests? Also it was more accurate than any progrssive or teardrop that i have seen even with ****ty paint. That was also dimpled if i didnt mention. And if you say that 16 inches doesnt matter why do all back players on pro teams go with 16 inch barrels?
Old 12-06-2004, 07:51 PM #14
XXXmayoXXX
Banned

empire has paint thats 35 dollars a case, its on www.empiregear.com check it out dude
Old 12-06-2004, 08:50 PM #15
silver_nations
Justice Is Done!

silver_nations is a Supporting Member
but its cheap practice paint
Old 12-07-2004, 04:09 PM #16
ang.1

the longer the gun the easier it is to bunker wrap
Old 12-07-2004, 05:29 PM #17
TX-Drifter
Get 'er Done!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JungleBird
so you saying that a empire twister is worse than those barrels you named and that they lied and it doesnt make it more accurate according to tests? Also it was more accurate than any progrssive or teardrop that i have seen even with ****ty paint. That was also dimpled if i didnt mention. And if you say that 16 inches doesnt matter why do all back players on pro teams go with 16 inch barrels?

...wow..lol...this is gonna be long....

ok ...lets disect....

NO, i am not saying that an empire barrel is worse than any other barrel. You should choose a barrel that WORKS for you. Someone's barrel may work for them but not for you. Vice versa. As you can see, those barrels i mentioned were smart parts. the reason why i put them down, was to emphasize the procedure of stiff-arbor honing. They use stiff-arbor honing exlusively.

There are two types of hones (ie. the way they bore out your barrel to make it smooth) to barrels. There is the flex-honed and there is the stiff-arbor hone. The stiff arbor hone is more smoother than the flex-honed because the arbor that is used to bore out the barrel is STIFF. (not flexable)

Evidently you didnt read my previous statement carefully.

First, Accuracy is mostly determined by paint diameter to the bore diameter of your barrel. Second, it is then determined by your barrel length. Third , it is determined by differences in air turbulance around the paintball. Let me explain......

when you fire your marker , gas expands (CO2 more quickly than compressed air or n2) inside the barrel. the gas is literally pushing the paintball. Since it is expanding, naturally it wants to cover (or go around the front of) the paintball, causing turbulence. This explains 2 important things to look for when purchasing and playing. PAINT TO BORE MATCH AND PORTING.

-PAINT TO BORE allows a snugger "fit" in respect to the paintball and barrel, making it harder for "air" to "cover"(or go around) the ball while it's in the barrel.

-PORTING allows that "air" to escape before covering (going around the front of) the paintball in the barrel. This results in NO turbulance when firing and much better ACCURACY. *** NOTE: be careful with this...many barrels have too much porting and it makes the marker use more gas to reach your desired FPS.***

Now RIFLING is another thing. Companies state that it works. This is true; it does allow the ball to spin A LITTLE. A little is exactly what it does. In order for the rifling to have a significant effect on a paintball; the ball would have to spin at a high RPM. TRUST ME , no barrel will allow a paintball to spin that fast (as paintballs are not perfectly spherical, not to mention solid). RIFLING DOES ALLOW that "air" behind the ball to go to the front of ( or cover) the ball. This creates turbulance and consequently results in poorer accuracy. That is why rifling is insignificant.

-Guys, we are talking about a paintball here, not a bullet that is solid and round ( ie.allowing it to spin better and faster at a higher RPM)-

...ALSO....lol...told you this would be long...

I didnt mention anything about 16" barrels not mattering. Your barrel lenght is your personal preference. Though I will reiterate, in most cases, that

more length = better accuracy, more gas usage, more quiet

less length= poorer accuracy, less gas usage, more noisy

which is probably why back players use longer barrels.

Finally, i will say that i have been studying this topic for quite a while now. Your barrel, in my opinion, is a very critical (if not most critical) part of your marker. It determines whether or not you eliminate someone (assuming you shoot fairly well) or get eliminated. I didnt want to go too much into detail on flex and stiff arbor honing because that would be another can of worms. you can research it and ask me questions later if you have any.

...i hope this has been useful to many people , and not just a waste of topic space. if you have any questions about barrels, you can email me , pm me, or reply to this topic. THank you

P.S. ..and choose your barrel wisely..its your preference.....dont choose a barrel because someone says its good.....take into account these things i have said and choose what you want.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:55 PM #18
XXXmayoXXX
Banned

to answer this thread, the paint sucked dick ok end of story
Old 12-07-2004, 06:00 PM #19
therealmr
\\\\\ i go on walks /////

therealmr is a Moderator
therealmr is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Hey TX Drifter, I basically wrote that entire thing in the FAQ - but it's good to see it agin. Many people don't know what they're talking about when it comes to barrels. Oh well.

[/possible flame war]

-Therealmr

I want to be remembered for the
people I helped make memorable;
personal success is overrated if it
doesn't help everyone's progress.
Closed Thread