PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-27-2002, 09:18 PM #1
segallow
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
low rise on nonvision?...also any switch mods?

I would like to get a low rise, anyone have any probs. putting one on their non-vision imp?(chopping paintballs?)

Has anyone done any mods to the on/off switch? it is a real pain, first it is cheap, second, I don't wrap my thumb around foregrip, so my thumb is up by the switch while playing, and I always manage to turn it off. Any suggestions?

Last edited by segallow : 03-29-2002 at 09:37 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2002, 09:52 PM #2
segallow
Awaiting Email Confirmation

would really appreciate any help
Old 03-29-2002, 09:56 PM #3
boge28

can't help as far as lowrise...but the switch...no matter what u do to the switch...if ur thumb is up there...it will turn off....cuz anything that can go wrong WILL go wrong...when u dont want it to...sorry i can't help...easiest thing to do is manuver the way u hold the gun...like try ur thumb on the trigger gaurd...i do that sumtimes...but mostly i dont have my thumb on the fore grip
Old 03-29-2002, 11:22 PM #4
Kajo

Kajo is a founding member
I agree... that switch is a total piece of crap. If you take the gun apart it falls right out. The plastic piece that you use to switch the gun on and off is actually not the switch, it just toggles a dip switch. Someone more versed in electronics then me would have to help you there, but I hear you when you say it's a pain.

Kajo out-
Old 03-30-2002, 12:04 AM #5
smasher41
I'm back!!

smasher41 is a Supporting Member
smasher41 is a founding member
maybe you can get some electrical tape and tape it when its in the on position in the gmae, then peel it off to turn it off?

just a thought

My FeedBack 40 positive feedback!

Member #155 on PBN
Old 03-30-2002, 12:46 AM #6
bandit6

Not that I would necessarily think this is the smartest thing to do, but... If you want to ensure you don't turn your gun off while playing, and for some reason can't adjust your grip. You could always reassemble it without the switch, and use a small screwdriver to turn the marker on and off. You'd have to be real careful though. Or even safer (but a pain in the arse) would be to turn the marker on, seperate the half and take the plastic switch out. Either way, cover the hole with a peice of electric tape.

Like I said, it's not what I would do, but I don't have a problem with my switch either. Actually now that I think about it, you could always try to heat the plastic switch up and tighten the groove on it a bit so it is a little harder to slide