PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-03-2004, 01:23 PM #1
shortyk17

Should I Get this..??

y0 i was thinkin christmas is coming around and well i dont kno what to get so i was thinking i alrdy have what u see in my sig.. but im a woodsballer who plays EVERY weekend and i was thinkiing about getting a flatline and a stock for my a5 but im not sure..i mean that would be pretty awesome to have that and my boomstick.. what do yall think??
Backup
--A-5
--Response Trig
--14 inch Dye Boomstick
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2004, 02:05 PM #2
GrEEdY

GrEEdY is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Flatlines aren't for everyone. I'm actually considering getting rid of mine. But hey, to each their own.

If you can try one out and see if you like it, that's the best advice anyone could give you. A stock is preference, I have a very nice one but have yet to use it oddly enough.

^^^New Site for Tippmann Owners, check it out! Referrer : GrEEdY

Tippmann A-5 DECALS READY TO SELL!!!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 07:43 PM #3
hummerking
official tippmann ninja

if u get a stock u'll have to get a raised sight rail opsgear.com is probly the best place, and a ghost sight from like walmart. it should cost no more than 40 bucks for both

IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE FOR BREAKING THE RULES!!

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:14 PM #4
Ace5279er
?????????????????????????

Im not a big fan of the flatlines and i would rather take a boomstick and the stock it really doesnt matter its all up to u.
Trigger- Boss Blade
Barrel- Stock(getting boomstick)
Bolt- Boss bolt
Old 12-03-2004, 09:30 PM #5
JungleBird

dont waste your money on a flatline. My friend has a flatline and its a good barrel only with marbs. If you rich and you dont have a prob with buying marbs then you will be fine besides that the flatline makes your gun a bigger target. Its accurate but im sure a 14 inch boomy is better. Its over priced also and sounds like a cannon.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=999605
Old 12-04-2004, 02:09 PM #6
ANVIL

I love my flatline, I wouldn't listen to what anyone here says as far as the flatty is concerned. Go find someone who has one and ask if you can shoot it. That's the ONLY way you will know if you like it. it's not for everyone. I have one and find it's not as paint picky as everyone says it is. ANd most people who critisize it either don't have one or haven't given it a chance.

As for other upgrades I have a stock and like it. You will want some sort of offset rail if you are putting optics on it. (I would suggest the largest red dot scope you can find. Not the square crossbow ones you find at walmart.) You will want the offset even if you DON't get a stock because the hopper is in the way.

You also have an RT, so doing HPA (Nitro) would be a big improvement to your rate of fire. And Palmers pursuit shop makes a GREAT reg called the Palmer stabilizer.

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/online...stabilizer.htm

This will help even with CO2 to make you consistant and make your RT really sing.

Good luck and happy modding. !!
(Once you start you can never stop!!)
Old 12-04-2004, 05:17 PM #7
bartsimpson123
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by hummerking
if u get a stock u'll have to get a raised sight rail opsgear.com is probly the best place, and a ghost sight from like walmart. it should cost no more than 40 bucks for both
why would he HAVE to get a raised sight rail and red dot scope?!?!?!!??
Old 12-04-2004, 05:47 PM #8
ang.1

if u want u can buy some milsim stuff but i dont like milsim myself
Old 12-04-2004, 06:15 PM #9
ANVIL

Some like red dots some don't,. I prefer the JCS or lapco offsets if you do. But it's up to you.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:43 AM #10
SmittyIsGod
If I said it, its true.

Quote:
Originally posted by JungleBird
dont waste your money on a flatline. My friend has a flatline and its a good barrel only with marbs. If you rich and you dont have a prob with buying marbs then you will be fine besides that the flatline makes your gun a bigger target. Its accurate but im sure a 14 inch boomy is better. Its over priced also and sounds like a cannon.
Not true, I ran a case of those cheap *** Wild streaks from Wally world thru mine the last time I played and they shot fine. And usually I use BE afterburners and they work fine too. There are just too many Myths on the Flatline.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:36 PM #11
insane_clown_killer

insane_clown_killer is playing at Living Legends VI
insane_clown_killer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally posted by JungleBird
flatline work great but this dude has no idea what he is talking about i use the cheapest paint that i can get and it works just fine and have never had a break

If you see something posted for sale from me check for it on ebay. I am no longer online selling any other way.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:18 PM #12
silver_nations
Justice Is Done!

silver_nations is a Supporting Member
dont get a stock, most of the time they just get in your way. But like GrEEdY said see if you can try a flatline out before you get it.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:41 PM #13
xjnation
LOST AZ JEEPER

xjnation is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by insane_clown_killer
flatline work great but this dude has no idea what he is talking about i use the cheapest paint that i can get and it works just fine and have never had a break

agreed he has no clue, most who take the time to LEARN about the barrel and how to use it, it works very well
check out this link and see what A5 owners say about the flatline

A50G FLATLINE FAQ
Old 12-05-2004, 06:29 PM #14
NDbackplaya44
new gun fund 600/600

stock doesn't help that much. If your really serious about accuracy then it would maybe help. The tank does the same thing. Usually you can hit someone in one or two shots. The stock doesn't help all that much.

As for the flatline, I would only get it if you play scenerios. On a small field it will mess with your accuracy. Just stick with your boomy. The flatline is to much of a hassle enless you play on gigantic fields.

peace,
ND

"He's in the christmas tree!"

"Ref, check the bunny!"

"Alright, off the break, I want you to go for the pumpkin on the fifty. I'll be covering you from the Santa."

quote by teaKnikal
Old 12-05-2004, 07:21 PM #15
InFaMouSx69

Hey SHortyk17 check ur pms i got a good deal almost exactly waht u want
Old 12-05-2004, 08:00 PM #16
xjnation
LOST AZ JEEPER

xjnation is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by InFaMouSx69
Hey SHortyk17 check ur pms i got a good deal almost exactly waht u want
Hey hea laready has an A5 and looking for a flatline, your thrying to sell him an A5 without any of what he is looking for