PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2002, 01:04 PM #1
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Read Me First, Also the FAQ

First to clear the air. I have a few points about MY forum. And then I have a few points about the gun that the forum is about.

Forum rules:

1) This is not a for sale forum.

2) I don't tolerate more than friendly jabs at people, flames dont' fly here.

3) Posts with no real content will be marked as such.

4) Don't ask if a gun is good if you already own it.

5) Titles such as "help me", someone's username and "read this" are not going to be tolerated. Describe the thread in the title, do your best to appear intelegent.

6) No threads about "this, gun or a TES" If you have to ask, you haven't shot both yet.

About the guns:

1) There are no serious preformance differences in any of the Dragun style guns. Other than the limitations inherant in each version of the gripframes the guns are identical. (except for the fatty striker, non electro first gen dragun black)

2) There are Several gripframes available for the Draguns, straight from m3. There is a non lcd semi frame, limited to 12bps. There is an LCD semi frame with progamabilty to 20bps. There is a full function LCD frame as well, also limited to 20 bps.

3) No barrel will give you any magic range advantage, or any accuracy advantage over another brand of barrel. The only factors that really have any real effect on barrel preformance are: unported length, interior finish, and interior diameter. The unported length determines the efficancy of the barrel. The interior finish determines how tolerant the barrel is to paint mismatch. The interior diameter determines how well the paint fits the barrel. This holds true even for the flatline.

4) Yes, they run on co2 and nitrogen. No you don't need to change anything.

5) Running low pressure is more expensive, and more troubble than it's worth, on any gun. No, it won't help ball breakage. What it will do is make your wallet lighter, make the gun recock differently (reportedly changes the feel of the guns recoil), and given a proper setup (these are rare) give you more efficancy. No it won't give you range. No it won't give you accuracy.

6) The gun will fire faster than any hopper can feed paint, so rate of fire is not a concern. When a Dragun is allowed to go full cyclic it will cycle at more than 40hz. This would be 40 balls per seccond. If you're having troubble fireing fast, it's not the guns fualt. (yes that is faster than a RT, yes that makes angels look sad, and yes, all spyder/piranha/JT/raptor/f1/vm-68 type blowbacks are about the same)

7) Keep the gun clean, if you do so, it will treat you right.

8) Upgrade X will most likely NOT fix your problem. No, Bolts do not help, neither to LPCs, rear cocking conversions, and exotic valves. There are a lot of ways to dump money into draguns, most of them are just wastes of money. If your'e going to spend money on the gun, find what the problems are, come here and ask, and we'll walk you through finding what will fix the problem you are having.

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......

Last edited by Nerobro : 04-07-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Nerobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2002, 01:28 PM #2
Nerobro

Reccomended Upgrades

Preformance upgrades: These actually increse the reliablity and preformane of the marker.

There's really disgustingly little to do preformance wise. At best I'd pick up a good inline regulator to replace the cheapie OEM one.

Good inline regulators: WGP stock reg, Palmers Stabilizer, Vigilante (on nitrogen only), MacDev Gladiator.

Though not strictly upgrades for the gun, a nitrogen system is a good idea, as is a battery powered loader. Don't make the mistake of buying a 9 volt revvy, you'll regret it very quickly when you see how little more a 12 volt one costs... and when you start chopping paint.

As a side note, the gun will run quite effectively on co2. It's quite efficant in it's stock setup, and you shouldn't run into problems.. I'll post notes on running on co2 at a slightly later date.

Comfort Upgrades: These don't increse preformance per-se, but may allow you to play better depending on how your'e built and how you handle guns.

There are metal triggers available, and that will change trigger feel.

There are drop forwards to move the tank to the position that you want it to be in.

Old 07-09-2002, 11:19 AM #3
Nerobro

What's the Difference between M3 and Pi guns.

And the answer to the question is... nothing. There are come logo differences but the guns are exactly the same. A LED is an LED, a LCD semi is a LCD semi, and a LCD full funcion is a LCD full function.

The LED guns shoot 10bps. The LCD guns can be adjusted to as much as 20.

The TES comes preset at 15 and maxes at 20. AUTO means that the eye is on. Semi means the eye is off.

Last edited by Nerobro : 10-13-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:55 PM #4
samis13
Sam's Paintball

samis13 is a Supporting Member
M3 Paintball Phone numbers

The Toll Free 866 number on the M3 Paintball web site is now longer in use. The new number is 251-665-5555. However the regular phone number 251-354-1070, is still in use.

Sam

*Edit*

It works now

Last edited by samis13 : 03-04-2003 at 10:56 PM.
samis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 12:44 PM #5
kaibutsu
Baka baka baka

'02 model lineup

There have been several question about model differences so I copied this from a reply that I made in a different thread. Please PM me if I left something out. I should have the complete '03 lineup info, including the Dragunfly, in a week or so.

02' lineup:
Compact - composite M45 ETF, rear cocking bolt, no reg or gas thru foregrip, no drop forward, no lpc, 1 piece barrel, vertical adapter, 10bps semi only, plastic trigger

Hi Compact - Aluminum M45 ETF, snapback flush cocking, no reg, no gas thru foregrip, no drop forward, LPC, 1 piece barrel, vertical adapter with psi gauge, 10bps auto/10bps semi or 10bps semi only, aluminum trigger

Basic (LED) - Aluminum M45 ETF, snapback flush cocking, gas thru foregrip, LPC, drop forward with bottomline and psi gauge, 1 piece barrel, Aluminum trigger, 10bps semi

LCD - Aluminum M45 LCD ETF, snapback flush cocking, inline reg, vertical adapter with psi gauge, LPC, drop forward with bottomline, 2 piece barrel, aluminum double trigger, programmable multi modes with adjustable ROF (4~20bps Full auto, 4~ 20bps semi, 10bps multi with 1~20 round burst, nitro fires at the semi ROF setting but fires 3 extra shots when the trigger is pulled twice), 4~20bps semi only tourny legal board can be purchased

Patriot series: Sniper/Stars & Stripes
Aluminum M92 LCD ETF, snapback flush cocking, gas thru foregrip, drop forward with bottomline and psi gauge, LPC, 1 piece (or 2 piece barrel), plastic (or aluminum) double trigger, programmable multi modes with adjustable ROF (4~20bps Full auto, 4~ 20bps semi, 10bps multi with 1~20 round burst, nitro fires at the semi ROF setting but fires 3 extra shots when the trigger is pulled twice), 4~20bps semi only tourny legal board can be purchased

Stars and stripes adds different milling and red or blue colors, star design drop forward, and a .689 bore ACI Graffiti series barrel.

The Sniper comes with either a plastic trigger/1pc barrel combo or aluminum trigger/2pc barrel combo.

Last edited by kaibutsu : 03-11-2003 at 02:41 PM.
kaibutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 02:25 AM #6
kaibutsu
Baka baka baka

Body screws are 5mm x .8pitch x 15mm long
kaibutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 10:16 PM #7
GoalieKeg14
My goal is to deny yours

Here is something I discovered as I was inspecting my marker:

I saw something that could solve the problem with people that have double feeding issues, and burping problems. First thing, the ball detent is a ball bearing, and I was having some double feeding problems recently, so I decided to take apart my ball detent. The problem was caused by dried paint inside of the detent making the ball bearing stick to the back of the wall inside. The problem was solved by just getting a piece of wet paper towel and rolling the ball bearing around and wiping it down and then I oiled the inside by pushing the ball bearing in and applying oil and it worked like a charm.

Next thing is the sear,

When I took apart my trigger frame yesterday, I noticed that where the sear is connected to the frame (with the retaining pin), there is quite a bit of friction between the sear, frame, and pin. When I actuated the sear when the trigger frame was off the gun, I noticed a scraping sound and that the sear wasn't jumping back quickly enough to its proper recocking point where it catches the striker which obviously ment friction between the sear and the trigger frame. So some of you might want to take your sear out and sand the sides of the sear down where there might be friction and then oil it too. That might solve some recocking problems for some people. I am personally going to do this as soon as I can (next week) because I have a job, I have SATs and three hockey games tomorrow so I am quite busy. Another thing is that your sear spring might have no more bounce to it anymore so you might want to reconsider getting a new sear spring.

Hope this helps out a lot of people,

Dan

Quote:
Originally posted by snipers002
also those spyder/clone bashers are gonna bash on u
Quote:
Originally posted by DeadlyDuck
but then you get to ask them whos gun does 20 bps ;)

Last edited by GoalieKeg14 : 06-06-2003 at 10:26 PM.
GoalieKeg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 04:03 PM #8
Nerobro

To cover any other questions. Everything Dragun makes is spyder thread. EVERYTHING. The Dragunfly, the TES, every product they make. The hammers, frames, vertical adapters, valves, LPC's, bolts, are all compatable.

The only questionable points are the vertical feed port screws. Kingman has two styles. I am unsure which style dragun uses.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:37 AM #9
clownshooter

Nerobro I pretty much agree with everything you say about the Draguns (I have 2). One upgrade that I would recommend however is not necessarily a performance upgrade. A Check-it Products Full Force delrin bolt dramatically decreased the wear and scuffing on my Draguns. There was no increase in performance. The stock bolt worked fine although I did remove the diffuser from the inside of the bolt which in my opinion doesn't really do anything. The stock bolt would wear on itself and also wear the top tube of the frame. That for now has stopped I believe because of the delrin bolt. I must admit that my Blk. Draguns are one of the most reliable markers I own.
clownshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 05:11 PM #10
DiRtY HiPpY (Banned)

whats the diffrence between the old and new boards for the tes? just the ability to turn off the eye?
DiRtY HiPpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 09:50 AM #11
kwb0748

kwb0748 is playing at Living Legends V
you are correct . that is the only differance.
kwb0748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 05:29 PM #12
MagCocker
I couldn't handle the V8

I have heard that the TES has a multi mode board, then that it has a semi auto and turbo like mode board. So what is it?

"She said it was too much car, I couldn't handle the V8"
MagCocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 05:48 AM #13
Nerobro

Timmy Bolts

Yes, timmy bolts will fit a TES.

Old 01-04-2004, 12:44 PM #14
TurpentineDreams

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerobro
To cover any other questions. Everything Dragun makes is spyder thread. EVERYTHING. The Dragunfly, the TES, every product they make. The hammers, frames, vertical adapters, valves, LPC's, bolts, are all compatable.

The only questionable points are the vertical feed port screws. Kingman has two styles. I am unsure which style dragun uses.
the drallion uses 'cocker barrels. since it is all cocker compatable.
TurpentineDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 06:49 PM #15
cornbread

what is a timmy?
cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 07:05 PM #16
WhirlWind-Mo
Banned

Bob Long Intimidator.
WhirlWind-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 07:59 PM #17
cornbread

thx im new at this sport i need all the help i can get
cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 06:15 AM #18
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Re: What's the Difference between M3 and Pi guns.

Quote:
AUTO means that the eye is on. Semi means the eye is off.
Actually, as soon as you turn the TES on, the eye is on, firing mode doesnt matter, to turn it off, you hold the trigger in for 5 - 15 seconds, some TES's vary. To turn it back, simply turn off the TES, then turn it back on.
[NA]WARLORD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:31 PM #19
Reloaded
...I'm going in...

Reloaded is a Supporting Member
Re: What's the Difference between M3 and Pi guns.

Quote:
The TES comes preset at 15 and maxes at 20. AUTO means that the eye is on. Semi means the eye is off.
Semi does not mean eye is off, it means that their is some shot-queing in effect where as Auto has no shot-queing thus a fast rate is able to be maintained and sustained.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:56 PM #20
Nerobro

As originally posted by Che:

Some ppl hate to search into threads to find some pics and info
So here's the o3 info that are official.

the MSRP of the 03 is $549.00 That's the official word.
(You can expect to get them for like 100$ under that) (That one is not official)

why $549 (features that are not on the one)

-rubber ball detent
-push/pull quick-strip bolt system
-twist-clamp low rise vertical feed
-light weight body
-14" barrel
-20 bps, upgradeable to 30 bps
-adjustable trigger system
-7.2 volt NiMH rechargeable batttery system w/charger
-data transfer capable
-custom grips
-bubble touch-pad assembly for mode adjustments(trigger frame)

http://www.paintballchannel.com/video/2004mgo/OGI.wmv

www.ogi.tv

Old 03-11-2004, 04:48 PM #21
DESTRO SFL
BALL TILL I FALL

DESTRO SFL is a Supporting Member
Is that trigger frame going to fit on the TES and The One?
Checkit Surefit feedneck ::
Halo B ::
Crossfire 68/3k fiber wrapped::
::My FEEDBACK ::
DESTRO SFL is offline   Reply With Quote