PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-30-2004, 11:28 AM #1
pony5oh

has been a member for 10 years
New Ariakon Acp (pistol!)

Check it out at www.ariakon.com ....This pistol will blow ALL others away! And they are gaurenteed in stock SOON, check with your local store and see if they have reserved theres already!
Ariakon= #1 Product Quality
#1 Customer satisfaction
#Customer service
#1 Sales
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2004, 11:29 AM #2
pony5oh

Old 11-30-2004, 12:31 PM #3
Vlar

I've already got one on pre order with PaintballAssault.com
Old 12-01-2004, 09:24 PM #4
Beef-o

Looks pretty decent, and I really like the idea of barrel inserts, but I hear they're pieces of crap. But meh. That wide trigger frame is also astupid idea. I'd hate using that thing's grip. But over all I think it's going to be a good pistol. Improved magazine removal always helps.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:33 PM #5
Vlar

Quote:
Originally posted by Beef-o
Looks pretty decent, and I really like the idea of barrel inserts, but I hear they're pieces of crap. But meh. That wide trigger frame is also astupid idea. I'd hate using that thing's grip. But over all I think it's going to be a good pistol. Improved magazine removal always helps.
How can you possibly hear that it is a piece of crap when the pistol has not yet been released and this is the first we have seen this grip? Ariakon hasn't ever released a grip with a single trigger and double guard and it seems as though you can replace the grip.

I'm not sure who you are hearing about the inserts from, but perhaps you should reconsider the validity of their claims.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:18 PM #6
pony5oh

Beef-o; WHO exactly told ya they are peices of crap?
Old 12-03-2004, 02:47 PM #7
Beef-o

I dunno. Some guy. I was just relaying the information. If I truly believed it with conviction, I'd probably state it myself. Meh. I couldn't possibly have a clue about the inserts, so I just said I heard it. Which is true. However, the thing about double trigger frame was me. Though I mostly find my like of pistols to be cosmetic in substance, so that might be why I don't like it.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:23 PM #8
pony5oh

Everyone has there tastes right.....
Did someone PM you?
Beef; PM me...
Old 12-03-2004, 05:06 PM #9
HipboyScott
OMGWTFBBQGRASS

I was at the website, and I remember reading about barrel inserts. 'evs
Old 12-10-2004, 12:25 PM #10
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
With a trigger guard that big, I'd like to see a double trigger.

Also, isn't the new Armotech pistol closed bolt? I wonder how it shoots compared to this one.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:29 PM #11
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
The WSP will be closed bolt. The new Zeus G1+ and G2+ are still open bolt markers. The nice thing about the WSP is that the bolt isn't exposed to the elements when it is cocked like the Zeus is. The ACP looks like it may have the same issue of debris getting on the bolt and jamming the marker like the Zeus. Hard telling without firing the marker yet.

The current issue with the WSP is rounds per 12 gram. When tested for North America, it was found the WSP would fire fewer than 10 rounds per 12 gram and that North American customers needed to have at least 15 rounds per 12 gram to consider the product. As such, the WSP is undergoing a "weight loss" program for its cocking system in order to acheive that effecency. Perhaps some of the inovations from the new ACP (barrel inserts and the removable steel magazine hooks) could be incorperated into its design as well...doubtfull but it's nice to dream.

However I agree about the trigger gaurd on the ACP. I hope they release a single finger gaurd as I don't know how well my chuncky little sausages I call fingers would fit in there.

Last edited by Robotech : 12-10-2004 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:21 PM #12
pony5oh

So does the WSP fire closed bolt? Or is the bolt simply enclosed? Because it is advertised as "closed-bolt", and now it s called a "removable slides pistol"? Hasnt it been "coming out" for like 6 months?
Old 12-10-2004, 05:35 PM #13
Robotech

Good question. I have no idea. It WAS closed bolt but as you mentioned they no longer claim that on the site. However, and this is my opinion, unless the bolt is covered to protect it against debris what is the point of having a moving slide on a pistol other than looks? To me that is just a cosmectic thing and not very important. No major change there.

Yes, it has been "coming out" for some time now. As I said, it was tested for North America a few months back (when it was still closed bolt) and it was determined its gas usage was just prohibitive for real world conditions thus going back for a redesign. Perhaps they went away with the "closed bolt" design because of this. Perhaps they just aren't advertising "closed bolt" operation. Whatever their reasoning, the pictures still look like the same marker.

EDIT: The word I'm getting is that no one has mentioned changing it from closed to open bolt thus the marker should still be a closed bolt design. Again though, no "official" word yet on the Armo site.

Last edited by Robotech : 12-10-2004 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:13 AM #14
ArmoMatt311
Armotech Warsensor dealer

Quote:
Originally posted by pony5oh
Everyone has there tastes right.....
Did someone PM you?
Beef; PM me...
Pony stop tring to get people in trouble
Old 12-23-2004, 04:33 PM #15
ShamasWholesome

Decent pistol from what I can tell. Performance wise I'd assume it's on par with the Zeus line of markers. However in the looks department I'd much prefer the new Warsensor Zeus g1 or g2. I've heard nothing but good things about Zeus pisols but I never really liked their looks. All that changed when I discovered Warsensors Zeus pistol line up. With the new warsensor grip frame and R.I.S. rail sytem (G2) I truley think that Araikons new pistol doesn't stand a chance. Also, the Zeus g2 is extremely upgradeable. From bottomlines to hopper adapters one can really trick out a Zeus, especially the G2. The G2 also comes with a second 8'' barrel and bore size inserts will be available soon.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:23 PM #16
Robotech

Having an ACP now, I can tell you one thing it has over the Zeus...it is LITE. Really lite. The trigger area is actually more comfortable than my Zeus (until I pull the trigger...dang chubby fingers). This looks like a good alternative to a Zeus. The new Zeus does look nice however...I'll give it that. But the Ariakon ACP is going to be a tough contender. When I get a chance to shoot it I'll let you guys know what I think of it.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:43 PM #17
HipboyScott
OMGWTFBBQGRASS

nice sig robo...I might end up trying to make something like that for myself after I get good pics of all my gear. Or maybe I'll just use stock pics since it's the same thing :p

but you need to add the ACP to that sig now buddy.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:32 PM #18
Robotech

Thanks Hip...now I have one more marker to add to it...
Old 12-24-2004, 11:02 AM #19
Okitony

Robotech...Hello, I am thinking in buying my first sidearm and can't decide on the Ariakon ACP or the Zeus. This page is the first reviews I see on this marker. Looking forward in hearing how you like it after you shoot it some. It seams like it's bad *ss! What do you think about the AGD Sidearm?
Old 12-24-2004, 12:12 PM #20
Robotech

The Sidearm I've heard mixed things about it. Cost being the main reason people tend to stay away from it. We are talking a sidearm and backup weapon here...not a primary. I balked at buying a G2 Zeus because it seemed a little pricey for a secondary.

The ACP looks like it will be a bit better of a secondary than the Zeus mainly because of its weight. I had a problem with the heavy Zeus pulling my holster down too far when I moved around. Perhaps the ACP's light weight will help this issue. As for firing, the internals on this look almost IDENTICAL to a Zeus...they are very similar in that regard so I would be lead to believe that performance will be equal to the Zeus as well. Craftsmanship and all seems the same...which is a good thing.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:23 PM #21
WarHamster
Ablative Pointman

I've taken my ACP out and fired it off a bit in back. I have no experience with a Zues or any other paintpistol so I can't give you a comparison, but I can tell you how mine is performing.

First of all, I'm getting about 20~22 shots per C02 cart. which is just about perfect for 2 clips per 12g. Ariakon avertises it as getting 30 shots per 12g which might be a bit of an exaggeration, but considering I'm using mine in 5 degree (yes farenheit) weather up here in Chicago, that's probably not helping my C02 efficiency any, so I can't be sure at the moment.

As for accuracy, it's not quite the equal of my SIM-4 (which is amazingly consistant). But again, I wouldn't expect it to be as it's a side arm with practically no barrel. Still firing it off in my backyard I can consistantly put 8 or 9 of my 10 rounds into a tree about 1.5 feet wide from about 15~20 yards away, so it's sufficient for it's purpose.

Lastly for it's speed, I can sucessfully empty the whole 10 shot clip in around 2~3 seconds, so while it's no electo-pneumatic or cocker, it's still gonna let you empty the thing fast when everything goes to hell...

I'll have to get back to you on the reliablilty as I've only had it one day, however as it's Ariakon marker I would expect it to be excellent.