PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-27-2004, 09:41 PM #22
theflynnrod

Quote:
Originally posted by theflynnrod
so why does everyone have to decrease the pressure to get there fps down...i dont want it to seem like i think i know everythign or start a fight im just asking
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2004, 09:47 PM #23
theflynnrod

I have never seen a "God" of paintball knowledge who uses co2 and buys dual hprs......now think about this all the money you have spent for your co2 consistency you could have bought a NITRO tank... and then and then and then...... you wouldnt need 12 hundred HPR'S and 5 billion LPR's and god knows what else to get your gun to work with co2. But i guess since your so smart you have already thought of that. Just an assumption. I dont think I need to say anymore.

PS----SMAX
Old 11-27-2004, 10:05 PM #24
mulletmadness
Damn Whities

mulletmadness is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by theflynnrod
I have never seen a "God" of paintball knowledge who uses co2 and buys dual hprs......now think about this all the money you have spent for your co2 consistency you could have bought a NITRO tank... and then and then and then...... you wouldnt need 12 hundred HPR'S and 5 billion LPR's and god knows what else to get your gun to work with co2. But i guess since your so smart you have already thought of that. Just an assumption. I dont think I need to say anymore.

PS----SMAX
Maybe Co2 isn't available in his area?

Emenresu is right, the bolt is heavier so it has more momentum hitting the ball which = High fps
Old 11-27-2004, 10:11 PM #25
ToMAto-MAn
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by lilman
get a blind bolt, stops blowback (i got one in stock)
wrong blind bolts suck ***
Old 11-27-2004, 10:15 PM #26
De_Mole

If you had to lower your pressure for your ST bolt, then it was probably because (like you said) the ST bolt reduced blowback, so more air would be pushing the ball. The weight differences between the two bolts probably isn't large enough to make any NOTICEABLE difference.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:12 AM #27
goober07
i need a new avatar

Quote:
before you go smarting off to people why dont you think about the situation a little more. I'm not a god d*mn jackass because i use co2, its a 45 minute drive to get an hpa tank filled (sure, local scuba shop, f*ck them they are morons, open till 4 and they tell me to come back at 5 when the guy that knows how to fill a tank is back, and guess what they were closed)
and when the **** did 2 hprs and 1 lpr become 12 hundred and 5 billion
and i never said i was a god of paintball knowledge I was in a hurry and tried to type up a short answer to your question, which i admit was to short and hard to understand, but just because of that you didnt have to go off and start talking trash on me, my knowledge, and my setup.
o and I spent a total of $80 on all my regs, 1 brand new and the other used 1 time, thank you

I'm out of pb for a while, blowing money on cars, bigscreens and loud stereos.....
Still got my oldschool Frostbite Bushy though...
Old 11-28-2004, 11:28 AM #28
luap
RAWR!!11!!

luap is a Supporting Member
theflynnrod, you got served. i wouldnt argue with him b/c he is a pure genius. just go keep your noobie comments to yourself, you flamer!

Last edited by luap : 11-28-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:57 PM #29
goober07
i need a new avatar

The shocktech superfly bolt has a 3 hole venturi config. rather than an open face like the stock bolt. I'm not an expert at physics, but I'd say that is another variable that makes this arugment about the bolts wieght totally pointless.

ok- your point was that more force is needed to move a heavy object the same rate as a lighter object- true

my point was that the momentum of a heavy object moving at a given rate is greater than that of a lighter object moving at an equal rate. How long the valve is open affects fps, and the momentum of the bolt+ram is what would determine how long the valve was open, not just the speed of the bolt+ram.

finally haveing had time to read through the entire thread I'd say the venturi and/or reduced blowback acount for the differences in fps, not the weight of the bolt.

and sorry i got so pissed earlier but i hate when people pretend like they know what is best for me and call me stupid for useing co2.

I'm out of pb for a while, blowing money on cars, bigscreens and loud stereos.....
Old 11-28-2004, 04:34 PM #30
pballer11

My egg does 20 and keep's up with my 04 BKO with a choas board--so just get the z/board for eggy which is 20 bucks and makes it like7 bps faster--it will keep up
Old 11-28-2004, 05:34 PM #31
bko999

I'd just like to add that testing at Warpig.com showed that not only does the drop rate of the hopper not stand for its performance on a gun but that a hopper will perform differently between markers. The realistic number for an egg2 with z code was averaged from 3 guns to show a 13bps feed rate.
"
"Originally posted by sNoW DeFiAnT
Woah woah woah, slow down? theres a search button! ho my gawD! "
Old 11-28-2004, 07:36 PM #32
goober07
i need a new avatar

i do have a question, it seems warpig testing was done with some "lower end" hoppers if you will... back in 2001. Has anyone done similar testing between say a halo b, egg, egg with z board, and a q loader?

Old 11-28-2004, 07:50 PM #33
Emenresu

i would do a test if i could get my hands on a egg with z board and a q loader
i have a vl 200 a revy a normal egg and a halo b
maybe ill do a test with just those
Old 11-28-2004, 07:52 PM #34
bko999

Hey goober check warpig.com again because they did the "Loader Lineup 2". It was done in Agust of 2004.
"
Old 11-29-2004, 06:11 AM #35
pballer11

man an eggy with a z/board will keep up-----i was shooting around 17 and it kept up with my BKO fine and i had no chops------i have no PDS
Old 11-29-2004, 01:28 PM #36
goober07
i need a new avatar

thanks bko999 i had dial up and didnt want to waste a ton of time checking warpig myself
Emenresu- that wouldnt be really needed since warpig did a great job, but if you'd like go ahead, i'd like to see if your results are about the same as warpigs
pballer11- your lucky if thats true cause i still chopped with a halo, which is supposedly faster

Old 11-29-2004, 01:46 PM #37
Born2drive
Banned

Somebody got owned.... I can see how long it take for a Rhino to drop all the balls, just for a reference point.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:30 PM #38
pballer11

well yea my eggy has a z/board and it does 20 and i walk the trigger and it never chops!
Old 11-29-2004, 08:56 PM #39
bko999

Look dude its not like were trying to put you down or deliberatly deny what you say. Its just that other people's testimony at pbnation.com and even testing from warpig.com show that halo b's are generally faster mounted on guns than egg2's w/z boards. If you have a egg that keeps up with your BKO then thats cool.
"
Old 11-29-2004, 09:17 PM #40
goober07
i need a new avatar

ya man I'm not saying your lying or anything just your lucky if you do have an egg and dont chop. thinking about it now I didnt chop all the time, just normally under certain conditions. when i was low on paint, and when I started out realy fast. if i fired a few shots at like 6-8 bps before I started ripping I wouldnt chop near as often as going from stopped to full speed. in game though that time isnt there much so i chopped alot and got mad so i installed pds .

Old 12-06-2004, 10:38 AM #41
drewrw

the bolt doesnt hit the valve pin... the hammer does....
Old 12-07-2004, 02:34 PM #42
goober07
i need a new avatar

and the bolt is connected to the hammer.... therefore affects how much mass is moving to hit the valve pin
look i dont want to argue (sp?) with anyone anymore i just got done reformatiing my computer after a virus attack