drewster69
<3 PAUL

iight thnx im goin with the sonic then
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2004, 09:37 AM #23
Moonshine
Alcoholic

has been a member for 10 years
Yeah. I definately traded my DM4 for a Borg. If the sonic had been out at the time there would have been NO question. It's a bit better kicka*s performance in one of the sexiest looks out there. The only thing I might trade my Borg for is a Sonic.

My Feedback!
AIM: Muhnshein
SELL ME YOUR TIMMY PARTS
Old 11-27-2004, 10:51 AM #24
KINGLERMAN
GET A CYBORG EVERYONE

Personally i dont like the DM4 and i have shot a few of my friends, it was nice dont get me there, but now where i am everyone has them, and i mean everyone in the 5 main teams where i live ide say out of 50 ppl 40 have DM4'd and i have only ever shot a Cyborg once adn that was James's Cyborg and his trigger was set up for him, which i didnt like. I WANT MY OWN lol. i should get one after my operation, when i return to Bangkok.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:13 AM #25
drewster69
<3 PAUL

were talkin about a dm5 guys but im sure there very similar.....wuts the diffrence between them
Old 11-27-2004, 02:37 PM #26
CDNPBALL (Banned)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by kai83
I know 6 people to date that Traded thier Dm for a borg, none of them went back and I do not know anyone that traded there borg for a DM

***** ARE YOU ****ING RETARTED!!!! If you don't know anyone who traded their Borg for a DM, then how did the other people you know trade their Borgs for DMs?
Old 11-27-2004, 03:46 PM #27
memers0n
805 Alive

memers0n is a Supporting Member
a dm5 with an evolve bolt kit
unless you're gonna be shooting 10+ pods a game...
Old 12-01-2004, 04:52 AM #28
criminalmindfreak

criminalmindfreak is a Supporting Member
Gun Dr.

I know 6 people to date that Traded thier Dm for a borg, none of them went back and I do not know anyone that traded there borg for a DM

My Services

well obviously someone did cuz who lost the borg only to get a dm
Custom Ninja E2 Cocker
Old 12-01-2004, 06:34 AM #29
UK Hawaiian
RJ Droid # D1424

UK Hawaiian is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by criminalmindfreak
Gun Dr.

My Services

well obviously someone did cuz who lost the borg only to get a dm
Dude are you retarded? Do you know who Kai is? Well obviously not. I personally went from a Fully Pimped B2k3 PDS to a Borg and here are the results....
1- Lighter
2- Better Performance
3- Shots per fill (no comparison)

the list goes on and on. Trust me when I say this a case of paint on one 68/45 fill, tried and tested. I've tried doing the same on a DM4 with the same barrel, tank and hopper. Not even close. This is not a rant on the DM4 because pound for pound they are really nice guns. (I did mean it when I said pound for pound.)

The statement above is false.

UK Hawaiians Feedback
Old 12-01-2004, 03:24 PM #30
Fugz004

hey if you get a sonic borg make sure it's a rasta fade, they are one of the best fades i've ever seen
Old 12-06-2004, 09:21 AM #31
fragglephil
Fraggles Own Muppets

fragglephil is a Supporting Member
i too am having to make the choice between a dm5 and a borg.... and theres jus something bout the borg dude... in one hand you have a hugely marketed marker that is going make millions of dollars to a big company, or you have a smaller produced marker that will be an equal in marker performance.... yet much easier to maintain and by golly they are just plain cool ok????

However if your looking for 1300$ marker that will please the masses and ur friends and all the folks at a Pball field then get the dm5 atleast they will all know what ur shooting.....(sarkasm is a wonderful thing)

i could go all day about why id get a borg.... but i tell you this simply get waht you want and think is the COOLEST not what everyone says becuase at the end of the day your the one who has to clean, play, and look at ur marker. NOT all these ppl posting or all ur hometown heros....

Dave Youngblood Enterprises is an awesome company.
and so is Mac Developments its all preferences...

Old FeedBack!

10+
Old 12-10-2004, 06:56 AM #32
KINGLERMAN
GET A CYBORG EVERYONE

got it dont worry!
Old 12-12-2004, 11:20 PM #33
lil JJ
Banned

dm4+gladiator+conquest=
Old 12-12-2004, 11:53 PM #34
daveczrn
Dr. Evil

i have fixed more wiring problems with DM4's then i care to truely express... i would expect the dm5 to have the same problems... At our last tourny the DM4 was also the most broken gun there. I don't like the quality of dye products... But man they do shot nice. when they work

100% reason to remember the name
Old 12-13-2004, 12:05 AM #35
fragglephil
Fraggles Own Muppets

true that dave, ive seen alot of ripping dm4s be down by the end of a long day of pball, and i always refer back to my main point that i like to be able to yank the bolt out whenever i feel like it....i dont know why i jus do...

Old FeedBack!

10+
Old 12-13-2004, 01:34 AM #36
orion421
WCP/SCP-og

i traded my borg for a dm4...but let me say i think i got a bad one...when it was shotting good i loved it only prob was it only shot good when it fealt like it and that wasnt very often...im kinda thinking about getting another one to tell the truth...it was nice haveing people ask me what i was shooting...i had 211 by the way and i did lube and maintain the gun after every day of play..so i know it wasnt for lake of care that it didnt shoot right...anyway sorry for rambling im a little drunk...but yeah man you cant go wrong with either gun..sonic looks better than the dm4 in my opinion and gets way better gas millage and i think is faster bps wise...not sure about the newtrigger but i know the one on the stock borg sucked...i hated it...anyway they're both good options
Old 12-13-2004, 02:17 AM #37
kai83
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
kai83 is a Mega Moderator
kai83 is a Supporting Member
kai83 is BST Legit
kai83 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
kai83 is Immortal
Ok to alll the geniuses that think they are amazing by pointing out that the person on the other end of the deal made the opposite trade... no crap key words were "people I know" which are not beginners or "noobies" , mostly people that really know their stuff but nvm I was just making a point
Old 12-13-2004, 02:29 AM #38
UK Hawaiian
RJ Droid # D1424

UK Hawaiian is a Supporting Member
First off you must be a insane if you think Kai knows nothing about PB. Do yourself a favor and just chillen on trying to flame people you know nothing about.

I personally made the switch to MD and will probly never leave unless they outsource. A case of paint per 68 4500 Cross LP is a safe bet. I do it all the time and let me tell you my trigger finger is fast. (Bounce = Devil in my eyes) good from far but far from good. I play frontman for Paintball Direct UK and effeciency is key so is accuracy hence Matchstick.

The statement above is false.

UK Hawaiians Feedback
Old 12-14-2004, 12:19 AM #39
Agent 89

I'm adding a thought here which has been mentioned, but should be emphasized. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion. I don't have any special insight into the way these companies function.

Whenever I mention the company name MacDev to anyone who knows paintball I've never heard anything but glowing praise for the products and service.

I can't say the same for Dye. In fact, I could almost say the opposite. Their products are designed to be mass-marketted and as such look really cool, but don't necessarilly perform as well as the pricetag would lead you to believe.

Quality craftsmanship does not seem to be Dye's priority whereas it does seem to be MacDev's. This concept is the same reason I drive an Acura even though I live in Lansing, Michigan.

(I'm sorry if I offended any Dye-lovers here. I feel the same way about several companies, but Dye just happened to be the one in this discussion. I'm not sorry if I offended any GM lovers )

Old 12-14-2004, 12:40 AM #40
fragglephil
Fraggles Own Muppets

Quote:
Originally posted by Agent 89
Their products are designed to be mass-marketted and as such look really cool, but don't necessarilly perform as well as the pricetag would lead you to believe.

Welcome to America. not that you arent from america.... you know what i mean....

its all about money, unfortunately, you know how ppl talk about players selling out, playing only for the sponsors, well companys do it too, now even WGP is owned by a huge corporation K2 industries that also owns Viewloader, JT, and other names in alternative sports....

Old FeedBack!

10+
Old 12-14-2004, 12:42 AM #41
fragglephil
Fraggles Own Muppets

not that its a bad thing its just pushing the sport to mainstream, and means increased output.... and alot of the bigger companys jus dont have that special touch anymore..... i know a company that does tho.....and theyre from down under...

Old FeedBack!

10+
Old 12-14-2004, 01:16 PM #42
fuzy_290
Canadian EH?

i'd honestly go dm5. ive shot a borg, and currently own a viking, until tomorro night.

they are both amazing markers with their ups and downs, but IMO nothing beats a spool valve. Zero recoil is an amazing feelin when ur rippin 17 bps. but for the $ if i had to choose, sonic to dm5, id go dm5=cheaper, and cyborg to dm5, id probably cheap out and go dm4/pm5