Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-21-2004, 06:54 PM #1
fett2288
Dickinson College NCPA

fett2288 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Why an Ariakon?

I'm just wondering, isnt an Ariakon just a pirahna style compact marker with some military upgrades on it? If this is true, why would you ever put a scope on one, because not even not even a tooled cocker or SFT Shocker is accurate enough to warrant a scope (i'm sorry, they just aren't the ball is round and the chamber is not rifled). Please explain to me, besides looking like a real gun (debatle weather this is a pro), why would you spend $300 (Sim-15) for this? Seems like a cocker would be more accurate and a spyder faster. Thanks

Dickinson College NCPA

My feedback (26+/0-)-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=759015
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2004, 09:29 PM #2
WarHamster
Ablative Pointman

Now don't take any offense to this, because I'm not trying to be insulting. I'm just going to try to put some of your arguments into perspective for ya:

Quote:
Originally posted by fett2288 I'm just wondering, isnt an Ariakon just a pirahna style compact marker with some military upgrades on it?
Why would you pay for anodizing, two, three, or four tone fading paintjobs, flame dropforwards, chrome eye covers, etc.

For the SAME reason. It's just a different preference. Some people like Flashy brightly colored guns. Many of us like our guns to look & feel like the real thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by fett2288 why would you spend $300 (Sim-15) for this? Seems like a cocker would be more accurate and a spyder faster. Thanks
Why would you pay $800 for a E-class cocker when you could get a stock for $300~$400. Again for the SAME reason. I feel that Ariakon & Armotech makers are some of the (if not THE) best performing stacked tube blowbacks one the market. They're more consistant in their shot placement then any spyder you'll ever see. TRUST me, I've owned a pirahna & a spyder, and I've worked on countless more spyders. I'd take my Ariakon any day over any of them. Likewise, while Ariakons were not BUILD for speed, you can still get them shooting upwards of 10~12 BPS with an E-trigger which is more then enough for most players. as unless you're going full auto or burst, it's faster then most untrained players can fire.

Sorry if that response seemed a bit harsh, but I've gotten those same baseless arguments time and time again. You should try out an Araikon first. I'm willing to be it'd out perform any spyder you could find and it could probably be competitive with entry level autocockers for consistancy while being more reliable (you'll never have to spend a half hour timing your stacked tube blowback, lol).
Old 11-22-2004, 02:15 AM #3
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Having a marker be more consistant velocity wise from shot to shot will...but that's about it. The way it fires, it's barrel, and all the other hype you've heard means very little. Consistant Velocity through regulation and cocnsistant ball size compared to barrel bore is the only thing your marker can contribute to accuracy.

Rifleing will not work to make it more accurate. There is a very nice thread over on the Deep Blue sectoin of AO that covers why this is.

Otherwise I think what WH said pretty much covers it. Shoot what you like.

Last edited by Robotech : 12-11-2004 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:31 AM #4
fett2288
Dickinson College NCPA

Now I know that an ariakan is superior to a pyranha and a spyder. I also know that you can't rifle a paintball. I do understand that the way it looks is a big part of it for some people and thats fine. I'm just trying to figure out if this is comparable to a cocker. I guess i mostly dont like the fact that it's open-bolt. I know these guns are not any more accurate than a cocker (now I know im being slightly unfair, as im comparing it to my cocker which has way too much money in to the upgrades). Really I just wanna know where this gun stands among others. I'm not trying to put Ariakans down or anything. Thanks for your help
Old 11-22-2004, 09:29 AM #5
WarHamster
Ablative Pointman

I'd put an ariakon either on par, or perhaps slightly below an entry level cocker as far as consistancy, performance, etc. Performance wise I'd say it's probably the best blow-back marker on the market.

Likewise, as it's a stacked tube blowback, it'd put it's reliablity and ease to maintain above a cocker and around the same level or perhaps slightly below a Pirahna or entry level spyder. Once they markers are opened up, if you can understand the mechanics of one blowback you can apply it to any, so they're easy to fix and maintain. So it ranks slightly below them because, it's not quite as convenient and easy to open it up. It does have two bodypins which make breaking it down and accessing the internals fairly easy, but nothing can touch yanking a pin out of the back and having full toolless access to all the internals like Pirahnas and most Spyders have.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:53 AM #6
fett2288
Dickinson College NCPA

So in other words, a vf tactical is superior to the highest end ariakan

Dickinson College NCPA

My feedback (26+/0-)-
Old 11-22-2004, 04:03 PM #7
Robotech

Define Superior...LOL
Old 11-22-2004, 05:14 PM #8
WarHamster
Ablative Pointman

It might be slightly more consistant in shot placement (MIGHT be) and it can probably fire faster. If that's what you consider superior, then yeah I guess it is.

However, I think you get a more reliable, easier to maintain, more durable, better looking, almost as well performing, marker for almost $200 less if you go for an Ariakon.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:15 PM #9
nospmas311

Wrong Forum...not WGP

Quote:
Originally posted by Robotech
Having a marker be more consistant velocity wise from shot to shot will...but that's about it. The way it fires, it's barrel, and all the other hype you've heard means very little. Consistant Velocity through regulation and cocnsistant ball size compared to barrel bore is the only thing your marker can contribute to accuracy.

Rifleing will not work to make it more accurate. There is a very nice thread over on the Deep Blue sectoin of WGD that covers why this is.

Otherwise I think what WH said pretty much covers it. Shoot what you like.
The Deep Blue section happens to be in the AGD, that is Airgun Designs, not Worr.

Thought I would point it out to all those astray
Old 12-10-2004, 10:17 PM #10
fett2288
Dickinson College NCPA

i know it's not wgp.....read the topic name....Ariakon

Dickinson College NCPA

My feedback (26+/0-)-
Old 12-11-2004, 12:12 AM #11
HipboyScott
OMGWTFBBQGRASS

lol.

basically it comes down to weather you perfer to shoot a traditional or a speedball style marker. If you like to play a tight gun, something like a Tac-One or VF-Tactical would probably work just fine for something more scenario geared. But then again they are just black, utilitarian models of any cocker you already have. I'd just as soon spend $10 in materials and make a wiked camo/guillie cover for your gun and then take it off when the airball field calls out.

But if your like me and want to have a long-rifle for the woods, then there is nothing 'low grade' about any of these guns. The lowest grade parts would probably be the foregrips because they are essentially POS plastic, most likely airsoft. If you pay $20 at some site, you can upgrade to real-deal ones made of mil-spec polymers.

Essentially these are some of the most high-quality blowbacks available, reliable and well-made. Then given a dressing of in most cases useful furniture. And then stuff like scopes, sights, grips, flashlights, grenade launchers, can openers, USB storage ports, magnifying glasses for burning the ants off you when in stealth-mode.....(those last three were jokes!)

actually a LOT of people use the 4x scope for finding enemies in the distance...then use a red-dot for effective targeting for an elimination. I know that I've been using the iron-sights on my warsensor to good effect, so when I get a RIS mount for my toprail I'll have my red-dot on there.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:14 AM #12
Robotech

Quote:
Originally posted by fett2288
i know it's not wgp.....read the topic name....Ariakon
Look again, he was talking about what I posted...

...and thanks for the correction...whatever I was smoking on that day I need to get some more.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:22 PM #13
pony5oh

100% Assembled in the USA
Ariakon YES (most parts even made in usa)
Armotech NO
Warsensor NO
Sypyder NO
WGP NO

All markers Tested before they get shipped
Ariakon YES
Armotech NO
Warsensor NO
Spyder NO
WGP NO

LIVE Customer service (talk to a real person)
Ariakon YES
Armotech NO
Warsensor NO
Spyder YES
WGP YES

Markers inspected by 3 people before shipping
Ariakon YES
Armotech NO
Warsensor NO
Spyder NO
WGP NO

Most Realistic marker for your money? Ariakon
Old 12-14-2004, 11:49 PM #14
THE KAMKA
I need about Tree Fiddy

THE KAMKA has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
THE KAMKA has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
THE KAMKA has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally posted by pony5oh
100% Assembled in the USA
Ariakon YES (most parts even made in usa)
Armotech NO
Warsensor NO
Sypyder NO
WGP NO

All markers Tested before they get shipped
Ariakon YES
Armotech NO
Warsensor NO
Spyder NO
WGP NO

LIVE Customer service (talk to a real person)
Ariakon YES
Armotech NO
Warsensor NO
Spyder YES
WGP YES

Markers inspected by 3 people before shipping
Ariakon YES
Armotech NO
Warsensor NO
Spyder NO
WGP NO

Most Realistic marker for your money? Ariakon
you dont know so dont post false info...

my marker was tested before shipped...

i can call up the eastern distributor right now if i want, but its 1 there so i wouldnt...and i can IM the western distibutor if i feel like it...

and all the above are made out of the USA...and some are assebmled here...

are you the guy in the office checkin each marker and seeing 2 others also?...

just dont go posting stuff you dont know about...

i'll stick to my Warsensor

Wow...im a beetch today...dont know y...

Last edited by THE KAMKA : 12-15-2004 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:00 AM #15
Robotech

Pony5oh...I'd like to know where you got that info from. I've not dealt with the east coast distributor but the west coast distributor for Armo/Warsensor I have. Trust me...there is not a finer person to deal with than Jim at DMS/Armo West. That guy would just about go so far to give his shirt off his back if you needed it to get your marker up and running.

They are all a good product and each one has their own unique features that makes it unique.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:02 AM #16
THE KAMKA
I need about Tree Fiddy

Quote:
Originally posted by Robotech
Pony5oh...I'd like to know where you got that info from. I've not dealt with the east coast distributor but the west coast distributor for Armo/Warsensor I have. Trust me...there is not a finer person to deal with than Jim at DMS/Armo West. That guy would just about go so far to give his shirt off his back if you needed it to get your marker up and running.

They are all a good product and each one has their own unique features that makes it unique.

I couldnt agree anymore...its sad how some people still take the dispute grudge to far...

edit...
holy cow...i missed my 1000th post:'(

im already at 1012...Small talk has taken my life
Old 01-27-2005, 08:04 PM #17
pntballwarrior15

pntballwarrior15 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by WarHamster
They're more consistant in their shot placement then any spyder you'll ever see.
thats what regs are for
Old 01-27-2005, 10:07 PM #18
Vlar

Quote:
Originally posted by pntballwarrior15
thats what regs are for
You do realize he was talking about accuracy and not air pressure consistency, right?
Old 02-02-2005, 02:13 PM #19
Ragnarok_18
Christian Baller

So which is the best WS66, WG65, or Sim4? I need accuracy, distance, and reliablity. And are all these w/ e-triggers walkable?

Special Ops Brigade
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/b...ew.asp?id=7457
Old 02-02-2005, 02:18 PM #20
THE KAMKA
I need about Tree Fiddy

WS66..im not sure bout the e trig..most of us swear by the mech...
check my post in the armo section for my reasoning..