PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-18-2004, 04:40 AM #1
UMP

Two questions for Jack

Jack, or whoever can answer this.

How is the feed tube attached to the body? From the pictures, it looks like the feed tube is press fitted like most cockers and the feed neck clamps on to it like a clamp for hoppers. On cockers, it is possible if you hit the hopper hard enough, the tube can spin loose and bind onto the bolt. Has that issue been resolved with the EGO?

Whats a good preset pressure to feed the EGO. 800psi too high?
I just preordered one and would like get a new 45/45 bottle for it.

Thanks

U Make P..
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2004, 05:23 AM #2
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Hi

OK, the feed "stub" is machined out of the body billet. It is NOT press-fitted or screwed into the body. The Stub is so solid, we could not bend it or snap it off with a 5 lb lump hammer. We attached a feed tube, clamped the body in the vice and hit it with the hammer! On the 4 the go, I got a run up, a full 180 swing, and then the feed tube came off!. The gun still cycled, and though the stub was slightly bent, we got it back into shape and fired paint through it.

I know, I hate feed tubes falling out too! But I think I may have gone a little OTT on this one, it's never getting busted.

As for the Tank, I run mine off an 800 preset and it works sweet. A 400 would be too low, as the recovery rate of some presets is not good enough, and it could effect consistency and drop-off at high ROF. In fact, I would only recommend the Crossfire LP output Preset if you want to go for a LP output. Really, just get a HP and that will work with anything.

Jack
Old 11-18-2004, 11:09 AM #3
Beat Crusader

A few questions

Hello Jack (or whoever can answer this),

I too have a few questions that I would like to ask.

To start with, will you be making the Ego manual available for download soon? I'm particularly interested in seeing a schematic drawing of the gun, and some nice photos of everything pulled apart!

In your write up on the marker, you wrote that it was running at an operating pressure of 275psi. Was this a conservative or optimum number... ie will we be able to get it lower stock without losing any performance? Also what is the optimum pressure for the lpr to be running at?

On your website, the electronic warranty card form for 'eclipse manufactured products' gave a limited warranty of 6 months. I'm assuming this will apply to the Ego too, but it does seem a bit short doesn't it? Will you not stand behind your Ego longer

I'm sure I'll have other questions ... but it's late and I can't think of anything else. Oh and if you have already answered a plethora of questions on other forums, please post up some links so I don't have to harras you more!

Thanks for your time,

Crusader

P.s ... 1st post \o/
Old 11-18-2004, 12:06 PM #4
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Hi Beat

The plan is to launch the Stock Ego with an optimum operating pressure range of 275-325 psi (depends on paint and barrel) with an LPR pressure of 65-95 psi.
All the guns in SD were set at 90 psi, for the performance of extra cycle speed, and even at that pressure the kick is nearly zero (you will see all the posts about how little kick the gun has).

The plan is then to produce a low pressure kit that will drop the operating pressure, but I haven't finalised that yet, or decided exactly what pressure range to go for. I would have thought a figure in the low 200 psi range would be a good bet. The LPR will probably run best at around 70 psi for that set up.

The manual is finished and will be in download format in the next week, hopefully.
As for the Warrenty, I will have to ask the service department. I will let you know. The problem with warrenties is people still expect stuff fixed for free even if they screw it up themselves! We will have to see.

Cheers

Jack
Old 11-18-2004, 02:17 PM #5
UMP

Thanks Jack. I wish I could torture paintball products like that.

400 does sound a bit low. I have a Pure Energy tank with a 500psi output for my E2 currently. Will 500 be too low as well?

U Make P..
Old 11-19-2004, 05:10 AM #6
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
500 should be all good!
Old 11-20-2004, 10:27 PM #7
Viddles

Hey Jack,

I've been keeping an eye open for an explanation or diagram of the internals but I haven't come across one yet. The ram and hammer being put together into one piece sounds very similar to an intimidator though people are claiming it's the same thing.

I would just like to see what makes it so different from other designs and see a diagram of the internals if you get a chance, it would be much appreciated. Thanks,

-Zack