Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-22-2002, 07:58 PM #1
bob
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
Chops ALOT!!!!

I was playing this past weekend and I had nothing but chops all day. I was playing speed ball all day, and I only got about 3 games in.

Does anyone have any idea how to make it stop choping. Also is there something I could be doing wrong to the maker to cause it to chop.

It would also chop consistantly, at one time it choped a whole string of about 6-9 shots.

Just to let you know I was shooting Big Ball, and those have some really thick shells. The paint was also only a week old.

One last thing, I moded my valve pin like I said I would on another post and it caused a huge jump in velocity. Before I was shooting @ 265-271 and after it shot @ 354-359. I will have to try to go lp again this weekend.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2002, 09:29 PM #2
cohiba
decrepit perpetual noobie

Try getting a maddman spring kit and installing the lightest striker spring to get your velocity down. It should also help with force-induced ball breaks. Are you using an agitated hopper? How was your paint to barrel match?
Blue Black Dragun #1: Freak with 12" Black TD, AA Vigilante, Snap-Back N-Bolt, Taso Turbo Valve & Pin, Maddman Springs, Bob Long LP VA + LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico 2K, ShockTech DF, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover

Blue Black Dragun #2: Black CP 10", MACDev Gladiator, 32 Deg Turbo Valve, ShockTech Delrin Bolt, ShockTech LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico Shell, KAPP DoveTail DZ, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover
Black Dragun FAQ
Old 03-25-2002, 03:05 PM #3
abracadabra1
Proto Fabulous

When I first played with my BD I got quite a few ball breaks. Some of them were so bad that I had to take the bolt out to clean it as well as the top chamber of the gun (including the vertical feed). It was a nasty mess.

Once I upgraded my gun to run at a lower pressure and with a better bolt, chops became a thing of the past. I played this Saturday (went through an entire case of paint) and didn't have not one break or chop the entire time. And let me tell you, for many of those games I played back and sprayed tons of paint consecutively.
Techna Finger Job Style Trigger, CP Dust Black 12" Pro Barrel, CP Dust Black Twist Lock Feedneck, STD Industries Proto LPR, Orange SAM Proto bolt with Tophat Mod, Proto Low Pressure Bolt Rear Cap, Tadao M3 software, Hybrid Red Lady Grips, Black CP Black Razor Drop, Pure Energy 72ci 4500psi HP Peanut tank, Red Halo B with V35
Old 03-25-2002, 05:06 PM #4
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
GAH, didn't I say not to futz with it!!!!. Ok, are you running co2? Did you flatten the back of hte pin so there's more recock jet?

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......
Old 03-25-2002, 06:50 PM #5
bob
Banned

Cohiba- I did have a softer striker spring in there. I was using a revy, and my paint to barrel match was great.

Nero- You said don't futz with it when I commented about making it closed bolt some how. I am using regulated co2,and I didn't flaten the back to allow more recock jet.

I went this weekend again, not a single ball break that wasn't just me forgeting to turn my revy on. I didn't change a thing in my setup except a new ergo reg. I was even using the same paint seeing as I had a full case left from the week before.

One last thing I didn't get to try goin lp again this week.