PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 01:40 PM #1
bullzeye_07

has been a member for 10 years
Need help on a decision karni or alias?

Alright so I have karnivor right now. This guns awesome it shoots fast, looks great, I mean theres no end to the great things it has. But there is one problem it breaks. Two other people on my team have had to send theres in already and they have only had it for a couple of months. I have also had to send mine back to get fixed. So my question is should I stay with my karni or go with the alias? I've been reading a lot of good things about the alias and it sounds perfect. I've had my eye on it for a while. Please post you replys.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2004, 02:17 PM #2
nonox9
Master of Muppets

nonox9 is a Supporting Member
Karnivor is a great gun. The alias has it's problems like any other gun. I wouldnt say you'd have less problems with either. What it will come down to is how the gun feels to you. Is it easier to shoot fast? Is it lighter when you hold it? Is it comfortable? I myself went from an e-cocker to a timmy. I don't have any regrets. But there's some things I miss about my cocker. Thats why I kept it. What I will say is the timmy is much easier to work on right now. When the q-valve for the cocker is in full production that could change alot of things. This valve looks promising and can't wait to have it in my cocker. Will eliminate kick and ROF will easily surpass a timmy.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:24 PM #3
elly44
Full-Time Pimp

timmy>cocker

blue/black alias

bA Kidz
Old 11-11-2004, 02:26 PM #4
TrueForce
Banned

I owned a Karnivor als, and I sold it for an alias

The Karnivor does not break alot. The pump arm on mine broke after about 30 cases of paint. But I put an AKA Straight pump arm on it, and never had a problem with it again.

I took my Karnivor to the PSP World Cup in Orlando. Here is where the disadvantages of the Ebladed cocker became very clear.

We played 8 games total. 4 on saturday, 4 on sunday.

the first problem I had with the Karnivor was battery life. I had to open the grip and install another battery for the 4th game. That meant I had to redo the settings

FACT FAST
CDEL 4
TPUL 3
TREL 10

The karnivor just wasnt competitive at the tourney. Adjusting the velocity after you sweet spot the reg is a nightmare. Plus, the refs were KILLING me with bounce. All 4 chrono's I went to I had to re-adjust my trigger multiple times and beg them to let me play. 4 out 4 times I had problems with bounce. I had to lower my LPR, increase my filters, it sucked

You want the true test of bounce? Bet someone $100, give them 100 paintballs and 20 seconds to get your gun to bounce once. If they bounce it, the money is theirs. Thats about how the PSP tested guns

The alias just destroys the Karnivor. It's faster, it's more accurate, it is easier to setup and adjust, you dont have to worry about paint/barrel match, battery life is much better, the gun is lighter, the trigger is better, the gun is much simpler to operate, Alias has much less kick, I could go on and on

The karnivor is a great rec/am gun. For the local fields and local tourney's, it's a great gun. If you ever plan on playing big tourneys like PSP or NPPL where they aggressively enforce bounce, you are going to be hating life.

When I played against people, I felt horribly outgunned. After the first 4 games I played with the Karnivor, I walked right over the NPS and bought an alias, and raged the second day.

I took the alias from the box right onto the PSP field and did extremely well. I didnt have to deal with sweetspotting reg, cocking pressure, IVG adjustment, trigger bounce, twisting pump rod, back block spacing, sizing my paint, etc

80psi, chorno'd it, done

Alias > Karnivor
Old 11-11-2004, 05:58 PM #5
kornstar32889

it isnt even really a discussion, i have a 2k2 timmy w/frenzy and its WAY better than my friends karni
Old 11-11-2004, 06:55 PM #6
TrueForce
Banned

I owned them both, Alias all day
Old 11-11-2004, 07:08 PM #7
AndyAllen019
INSOMNIAWESOME

Annual Supporting Member
AndyAllen019 is a Moderator
AndyAllen019 is a Supporting Member
AndyAllen019 is playing at Living Legends VII
AndyAllen019 supports our troops
AndyAllen019 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
so in conclusion ALIAS > karnivore
Old 11-11-2004, 08:26 PM #8
T3H_MA$TA
MEMFAMOUS

alias > karni ... and you
Old 11-11-2004, 08:29 PM #9
BBKDuke (Banned)
Banned

yeah True Force loves that alias after i help him set it up right huh mike
Old 11-11-2004, 09:02 PM #10
TrueForce
Banned

if setting up an alias is a bisquit, BBK is the delicious gravy
Old 11-11-2004, 11:12 PM #11
bullzeye_07

can you tell me some of the things you really like on you alias and what makes it so sweet?
Old 11-12-2004, 12:21 AM #12
Force530
Sunday Suicide

Force530 is a Supporting Member
OMFG.

Quote:
Originally posted by TrueForce

The Karnivor does not break alot. The pump arm on mine broke after about 30 cases of paint. But I put an AKA Straight pump arm on it, and never had a problem with it again.

I took my Karnivor to the PSP World Cup in Orlando. Here is where the disadvantages of the Ebladed cocker became very clear.

We played 8 games total. 4 on saturday, 4 on sunday.

the first problem I had with the Karnivor was battery life. I had to open the grip and install another battery for the 4th game. That meant I had to redo the settings

FACT FAST
CDEL 4
TPUL 3
TREL 10

The karnivor just wasnt competitive at the tourney. Adjusting the velocity after you sweet spot the reg is a nightmare. Plus, the refs were KILLING me with bounce. All 4 chrono's I went to I had to re-adjust my trigger multiple times and beg them to let me play. 4 out 4 times I had problems with bounce. I had to lower my LPR, increase my filters, it sucked

You want the true test of bounce? Bet someone $100, give them 100 paintballs and 20 seconds to get your gun to bounce once. If they bounce it, the money is theirs. Thats about how the PSP tested guns

The alias just destroys the Karnivor. It's faster, it's more accurate, it is easier to setup and adjust, you dont have to worry about paint/barrel match, battery life is much better, the gun is lighter, the trigger is better, the gun is much simpler to operate, Alias has much less kick, I could go on and on

The karnivor is a great rec/am gun. For the local fields and local tourney's, it's a great gun. If you ever plan on playing big tourneys like PSP or NPPL where they aggressively enforce bounce, you are going to be hating life.

When I played against people, I felt horribly outgunned. After the first 4 games I played with the Karnivor, I walked right over the NPS and bought an alias, and raged the second day.

I took the alias from the box right onto the PSP field and did extremely well. I didnt have to deal with sweetspotting reg, cocking pressure, IVG adjustment, trigger bounce, twisting pump rod, back block spacing, sizing my paint, etc

80psi, chorno'd it, done

Alias > Karnivor
Old 11-12-2004, 10:34 AM #13
DarkIntim1dator
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by TrueForce

The alias just destroys the Karnivor. It's faster, it's more accurate, it is easier to setup and adjust, you dont have to worry about paint/barrel match, I could go on and on

When I played against people, I felt horribly outgunned.

Alias > Karnivor
What a smart guy.

The Alias is more accurate than a Karni? You don't have to worry about paint/barrel match with an Alias? How is that?????
Old 11-12-2004, 05:11 PM #14
TrueForce
Banned

overbore an alias = ok

overbore a karnivor = balls roll out

Yes, the alias is more accurate. The fps is much tighter on an alias than a karnivor. If you dont have your reg sweet spotted on a Karnivor, you're consistency is going to be horrible.

Because the Alias is more consistent over the chrono than a Karnivor, thats why its more accurate.

I've owned both guns

I've shot both guns

I played with both guns in a tournament at PSP Orlando

Unless you have owned both guns, you have no room to talk. All the "message board" research in the world doesnt mean a damn thing. I owned both, shot over 60 cases through the Karnivor and about 20 through the Alias.

Last edited by TrueForce : 11-12-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:15 PM #15
TrueForce
Banned

but what do I know, buy an alias, buy a karnivor, make your own decision
Old 11-12-2004, 05:21 PM #16
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
I know, I know, I know... read the rules... rule #3.
Closed Thread